Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does Jockety go after Kyle Lohse?

Does Jockety go after Kyle Lohse?

He is entering free agency and wants to cash in like most of today's players, so he will be leaving the Cards. They won't pay him what he wants. You know he will only go with a contender unless he is offered CRAZY money.

My thinking is that knowing the NL hitters he will prefer to stay in the NL. Now I don't know if Walt brought Kyle to St. Louis, but I think he did. We all know that Walt covets his old aquisitions....the list is too long to mention.

In my mind that makes the Reds the number 1 team in contention for his services. I don't know the payroll situation in Cincy, so I won't address that. What teams would he concider moving to? Philly? No. He can't be the MAN there. LA? No. They have spent too much already.....so that reasonably leaves the Giants, Nats, Braves and REDS.

I think the Reds will have the inside track. You think?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Does Jockety go after Kyle Lohse?

Quote Originally Posted by Magdal View Post
    He is entering free agency and wants to cash in like most of today's players, so he will be leaving the Cards. They won't pay him what he wants. You know he will only go with a contender unless he is offered CRAZY money.

My thinking is that knowing the NL hitters he will prefer to stay in the NL. Now I don't know if Walt brought Kyle to St. Louis, but I think he did. We all know that Walt covets his old aquisitions....the list is too long to mention.

In my mind that makes the Reds the number 1 team in contention for his services. I don't know the payroll situation in Cincy, so I won't address that. What teams would he concider moving to? Philly? No. He can't be the MAN there. LA? No. They have spent too much already.....so that reasonably leaves the Giants, Nats, Braves and REDS.

I think the Reds will have the inside track. You think?
    Depends what we do with Leake.

If we decide to keep him than sure. But I think there eyeing on letting Chapman be a starter next season. Personally I think leake will either be dealt or sent to AAA. Probably AAA, since he'll be used as a backup.

We still have Arroyo till 2014 as well. So we don't really need replacing.

Plus I see Loshe sticking with the Cards imo.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTruck View Post

If we decide to keep him than sure. But I think there eyeing on letting Chapman be a starter next season. Personally I think leake will either be dealt or sent to AAA. Probably AAA, since he'll be used as a backup.

Nope...it's a done deal. They shook hands and bid him good luck. He's gone.

I remember a Kyle lohse that pitched for us. My answer would have to be oh heck no.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

He better not, whoever signs him will get a bust and I hope its not us.

Chapman will not be in the rotation, he's a closer from here on out. He crushes the role and provides confidence every time he comes in late in the game, whereas if he's a starter you really don't know what you're going to get...and if you try him in the rotation for two months, it doesn't work out and he goes back to closer and has his confidence ruined, how stupid does the club look? When the strength of your team is a pitching staff that's won 97 games, you only change weaknesses....the closer spot is not a weakness. The fifth spot and a few bullpen arms are all that will change.

New back on topic:

Cueto, Latos, Bailey, Arroyo, Lohse? That's a crazy good rotation. The Reds didnt have Price when Lohse was last here.

Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    Chapman will not be in the rotation, he's a closer from here on out. He crushes the role and provides confidence every time he comes in late in the game
    He does not like the role and he is not built for the roll. They shut him down twice this year with arm fatigue. Once for a week then then again for two weeks

Lohse playing for the Reds would INSURE another cen div win

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    He does not like the role and he is not built for the roll. They shut him down twice this year with arm fatigue. Once for a week then then again for two weeks
    Exactly.

Plus the plan was always to have Chapman start, and chapman has always stated that he has wanted to start as well.

I look at this way. Would I prefer a potential ace in the rotation who can go 8 innings every time he's out there? Or would I prefer just 1 inning here and there? The answers clear. Let him start, if he fails, he can go back to the closers role.

Don't you think the mega dollars it would take to sign Lohse would be better spent elsewhere?

I agree plugging him into the rotation would make it super good.

Lohse is likely to demand big bucks and some pitching poor team that fancies itself a contender will pay them

The Reds need at least one outfielder a thirdbaseman (depending) on where you plug Frazier, not to mention some decent bench depth.

I would put the money you would use on Lohse towards acquiring more offense!

I would say no because it is akin to buying a stock at its peak. He won't be cheap coming off last season.

Salukifan2

Quote Originally Posted by RedTruck View Post

No way. The cards have 5 big time right handed starters (Miller, Rosenthal, Kelly, Carlos martinez, and Michael Wacha) on the cusp of pitching in the bigs and all with amazing talent. Thats why so many cardinals fans were pised about the cardinals signing westbrook to a 2 year extension

Quote Originally Posted by Brittingham.Sam View Post
    No way. The cards have 5 big time right handed starters (Miller, Rosenthal, Kelly, Carlos martinez, and Michael Wacha) on the cusp of pitching in the bigs and all with amazing talent. Thats why so many cardinals fans were pised about the cardinals signing westbrook to a 2 year extension
    Wow, must be nice having 5 Stephen Strassburg's in the waiting...

Salukifan2

Maybe not quite Strassburg's but reds fans saw miller on the last day of the reg season. The reds started all their regulars and Miller made them all look stupid except for phillips who had a couple hard hit balls for out. If youve been watching the cards nats season youve seen Kelly and Rosenthal and how they have been absolutly mowing down the nats. Martines is in triple a and is literally the same pitcher that pedro was at the same age except with better stuff (thats mlb analysts saying that, not me). And wacha K'd 40 batters in 20 inning he got after being drafted out of texas a&m. In 2 months he moved from the gulf coast league to double A.

The Reds have pitching. It is offense that needs a pick-me-up, or three.

Turn Off Ads?