Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I wonder what the players think now...

Re: I wonder what the players think now...

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post

Now, this is Tracy Jones. It's no secret that he sometimes says things on the radio to stir the pot. He also played the game, so maybe there's something to it.
    He may have briefly played the game, but he was never on a team that reached the playoffs (wonder why), much less blew 3 in a row to go home.
    Go Gators!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan View Post
    The Reds could win 111 games next summer and there will be doubts going into the NLDS. That's the reality this team has created right now.
    Of course you could say the same about any team who won 111 games or whatever.

Every team who makes the playoffs has pretty much te same chance of wianning. It's the randomness of baseball when you are playing a team that may have been 10 games behind you over 162 games, but in a 5-7 game series that difference is pretty meaningless.

I am no, no, no Tracy Jones fan. But I think we might be misconstruing his words. I don't think he's necessarily pointing out that the players care "less" as a bad thing.

They *have* to move on and plan their vacations. For us, baseball is a hobby. It's something we choose to be emotionally involved in. For them, it is their job. I'm not saying they don't care; I'm sure they care very deeply. But it would be extremely dangerous for them, as people and as players, to take it home and suffer. It's been a very long season for them. Believe it or not, they get up every day and invest more in it than we do. They have to move on and look toward next year. It's the healthy way to approach any job.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Well...in some ways they have to put this behind them and forget. If they do not forget ,.....they will let it linger with them until next year and if they go into the playoffs, even more then.

Regardless of what the players think, I'm sure that there will be many references to the 2012 playoffs until another playoff series...after all, I've been reading bitter comments about Halliday's no hitter for two freaking years now. Some folks never move on. I'm sure some players are not different.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

In eight playoff games since 2010, the Reds are 2-6, having been no-hit, swept in a series, swept at home, and became the first NL team to blow a 2-0 series lead at home.

If this doesn't eat at the primary players until next season, something's wrong. Pete Rose would have probably been back in the batting cage yesterday getting ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan View Post
    In eight playoff games since 2010, the Reds are 2-6, having been no-hit, swept in a series, swept at home, and became the first NL team to blow a 2-0 series lead at home.

If this doesn't eat at the primary players until next season, something's wrong. Pete Rose would have probably been back in the batting cage yesterday getting ready.
    Doubt it. He'd be calling you every day for a loan so he could make a bet on each game for the rest of the postseason.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Doubt it. He'd be calling you every day for a loan so he could make a bet on each game for the rest of the postseason.

He wouldn't get too much from me.

Turn Off Ads?