Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 52

Thread: Man I wish the Reds had Clutch hitting like the Cardinals I hate so much!!!

  1. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,833

    Re: Man I wish the Reds had Clutch hitting like the Cardinals I hate so much!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Norm Chortleton View Post
    Cards = situational hitting.
    Reds (except Votto) = trying to hit the Tundra sign regardless of the count, score, etc.
    This

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,849

    Re: Man I wish the Reds had Clutch hitting like the Cardinals I hate so much!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by cw0802 View Post
    How about the 100+ game winning 2004 cardinals getting swept int he world serious by the Sox? Was that a joke too?
    Boston won 98 games in a division with the 101 win Yanks, the Cards also didn't have Chris Carpenter who they went 20-8 in his starts that year for the playoffs.

  4. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    218

    Re: Man I wish the Reds had Clutch hitting like the Cardinals I hate so much!!!

    Sour grapes. Incapable of giving credit where credit is due.

  5. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,849

    Re: Man I wish the Reds had Clutch hitting like the Cardinals I hate so much!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by cw0802 View Post
    Sour grapes. Incapable of giving credit where credit is due.
    When you finish 6 games back of the normal WC you don't get credit. This is literally the only year in the history of MLB the Cards get in. If you keep letting worse and worse teams in even the Astros can win a series off a good team. 2 teams in the AL didn't even get into the playoffs with a better record than the Cards and they didn't load up on win vs Cubs and Houston.

  6. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    218

    Re: Man I wish the Reds had Clutch hitting like the Cardinals I hate so much!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    When you finish 6 games back of the normal WC you don't get credit. This is literally the only year in the history of MLB the Cards get in. If you keep letting worse and worse teams in even the Astros can win a series off a good team. 2 teams in the AL didn't even get into the playoffs with a better record than the Cards and they didn't load up on win vs Cubs and Houston.
    12-4 and 8-0....completely doable by the Cubs and Astros in a postseason series...8-0 ON THE ROAD.

    The Cards split at home then took two on the road. Pure luck. Note my sarcasm.

    You keep bringing up that they never would have made it any other year, while true, they did. And now they're in he LCS and the Reds are not. Keep throwing out Kozma stats. He performed. Keep saying they were lucky. You cannot deny they did what they needed to to make the playoffs this year.

    As I stated before, do you discredit NCAA teams that take out the #1 seed? No. This is a playoff. The two teams with the bet record don't always make the final.

    I realize you're only whining because the Reds couldn't get it done and the Cards did. Were the roles reversed you'd be quoting stats that were in favor of the Reds. As I said before, sour grapes.

  7. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,849

    Re: Man I wish the Reds had Clutch hitting like the Cardinals I hate so much!!!

    How many games did Strasburg start? Cards fans are the dumbest they get in as the 11th best team in MLB watch the Braves beat themselves and see the Nats blow a massive lead with walks without one of the games best pitchers all will getting a unreal check swing call down to last strike and they think they have a great team.

    Cards fans think others are jealous of them because they are good, everyone hates the Cards because they have stupid fans who are so dumb to honestly realize how lucky the really are.

    Last 3 NLCS teams 88 wins 11th best team in baseball only in on new rule, 90 wins needed Braves to play .333 ball over the final 26 games, that Braves team wins more than this years Cards did and went home. in 2006 went with 83 wins that year 12 of the 24 other teams outside of the NL Central won more game.

    The Cards are the luckiest team for a long while now. The only people who refuse to see that are the moronic Cards fans. The same fans who are so insecure they live on rival teams message rather than be happy with the other mouth breathers.

  8. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    34

    Re: Man I wish the Reds had Clutch hitting like the Cardinals I hate so much!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    They were 6 games out of the normal WC spot and are now in the last two NLCS despite finishing 15 total games out of 1st. In the playoffs its getting in and getting lucky and the Cards are the best team at that in the game.

    A money making gimmick is literally the only way they get into the playoffs, no other year in the history of MLB would they have made it but this one and now they are going to go to the WS yet again with a poor record for the 3rd time in 7 years.

    If we're going to talk calls.


    And the check swing in the 9th the late infield fly, the list can go on forever.
    LOL your bitterness is absolutely hilarious, makes winning that much more enjoyable.

  9. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,849

    Re: Man I wish the Reds had Clutch hitting like the Cardinals I hate so much!!!

    Like I said I told you the Cards trolls would be out in full force, they pulled a rabbit out of their ass and the first thing they want to do is come to a Reds board. Seems like the Cards fans may have a slight inferiority complex.

    The fact we have 30 guests at 4AM Cincinnati time over 36 hours after the Reds finished playing shows how butthurt the Cards fans are in life even when their team wins then need to reach for justification or validation.
    Last edited by HometownHero; 10-13-2012 at 04:07 AM.

  10. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1

    Re: Man I wish the Reds had Clutch hitting like the Cardinals I hate so much!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    I never want the Reds to get the 2nd WC I have said how dumb the idea was before the Cards even won it. Each year MLB is devaluing its regular season and all that matters is the last two week getting hot and winning some short series that play noting like the 162 grind that decides who make its.
    How many Wildcard teams are there in each league in the NFL?

  11. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,849

    Re: Man I wish the Reds had Clutch hitting like the Cardinals I hate so much!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by BigSwigg View Post
    How many Wildcard teams are there in each league in the NFL?
    What does a 16 game NFL season have to do with a 162 baseball season?

    What made baseball so great and the national pastime was the two best teams played for the WS each year, then they went to 4, then 8 and now 10. Letting 1/3 of the teams into the playoffs of a game that plays 162 games is retarded.

    The whole reason they play 162 games to begin with is to see who's the best teams are. The reason other sports let more teams in is because they don't play as many games to weed out the good from the bad and they get losing teams into their playoffs. When the two teams who weren't even in the 1/3 of baseball after 162 games are 2 of the final 4 teams left its bad for baseball long term, and far from the glory days of when the best teams won the Commissioners Trophy.

    Today's game rewards bad teams who have to play to the wire rather than the good teams who lock up their spot early and lose in the playoffs. That's why the best teams hardly even make the World Series let alone win it.

  12. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,842
    Hey look everybody, a Cardinals fan on a Reds message board into the wee hours of the morning. Obviously here to be friendly with opponents' fans the night his team comes back from 2 down to go to NLCS.

    I can't wait for the Cardinals to win another WS and this guy is starting his own threads on our 'Game Threads' board.

  13. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    218

    Re: Man I wish the Reds had Clutch hitting like the Cardinals I hate so much!!!

    You'll never come around. The Cards could have swept the Nats and out scored them 30-3 in the series and they still would have been lucky.

    Strasburg not pitching, while was a factor, Gio(possibly Cy Young winner) did pitch twice. He started off strong last night and faded. He never had control of his first outing either.

    At some point, you have to put stats aside and say "wow that was unreal".

    I honestly feel bad for you because you are incapable of appreciation. You personify the Reds fan base. Full of cynicism and negativity.

  14. #28
    topsyt
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Van Wert
    Posts
    39

    Re: Man I wish the Reds had Clutch hitting like the Cardinals I hate so much!!!

    This from Hal McCoy says it all for me-"It was the sixth straight elimination game victory for the Cardinals ó and itís why the St. Louis Cardinals ARE the St. Louis Cardinals."

    Luck, skill, swaggar-whatever-they always get the job done and post the W.

    Hopefully someday Reds Fans hopefully someday.

  15. #29
    Salukifan2
    Guest

    Re: Man I wish the Reds had Clutch hitting like the Cardinals I hate so much!!!

    Hometown just stop talking. You need to realize that you're just adding fuel to the fire bro. Cards fans are coming on here and love reading what you are posting because its making you look incredibly bitter. Cards fans love it because you talk so much sh*! about the cardinals on here and now they get to rub it in your face. Understand they're just laughing at you while keep responding. You're getting trolled hardcore man.

  16. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northeast KY
    Posts
    873

    Re: Man I wish the Reds had Clutch hitting like the Cardinals I hate so much!!!

    Cards are a better clutch team than the Reds. What more can you say. For some reason the baseball Gods love the Cards and just love toying with the Reds. Also there 9th inning at bats were amazing last night. As much as I hate them and are jealous of there success hats off to them. They know what it takes to win. Now on to another long offseason. This will be the hardest one yet,


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25