Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Who choked worse? Reds or Nats??

Who choked worse? Reds or Nats??

Because what the Reds did was pretty bad..but being 1 out away is not pretty either

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Who choked worse? Reds or Nats??

i wish the Reds had the best record because NOWAY they do that to Chapman!!! noway of knowing till next year either.. hope it burns the players knowing they came back from 6-0 and finished the job and the Reds didnt..

Reds. Up 2-0 & couldn't close at home.

The Reds collapse made history, easily the Reds.

Ours all day,sucks everyone saw both coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfansince72 View Post
    i wish the Reds had the best record because NOWAY they do that to Chapman!!! noway of knowing till next year either.. hope it burns the players knowing they came back from 6-0 and finished the job and the Reds didnt..

Well, then they shouldn't have lost the season series to the Cardinals. The Cardinals would have likely beat the Reds too.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfansince72 View Post
    To be fair they were down 6-0 since the 3rd inning. So they did have more time to add on than the reds. Just food for thought.

Plus the Nats closer was just all over the place as well. Sergio Romo was dominant.

The Nats but think I'm biased because I was there and that wound is more raw. The Reds couldn't get the bats going. But the Nats had both their pitching and bats fail. The two wins they got were both with virtually no offense and spotty pitching in Game 1. Game 5 in DC was devastating for nearly 46000 people there in person, an all time record for the park.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

The Nats choked worse. The Reds just gift wrapped the series and handed it to SF. You don't let teams hang around, or Karma will slap you in the face.

Equal chokage. But it doesn't really matter...both are done.

Both teams made history with their epic loses. The Reds were the first to blow a 2-0 lead by losing 3 in a row at home, the Nats blew the biggest lead in an elimination game. Not at all how the teams with the 2 best records in baseball expected their season to end.
    I've said all winter — they talk about this team winning the division — and my comment is, they won't win it because, at the end of the day, they still are the Chicago Cubs, and they will figure out a way to screw this whole thing up. - Marty Brennaman

Not close....Reds

As far as the team who "choked" more I'd have to say the Nationals. We didn't shut down our best pitcher, we lost him to injury. Hardly a choke. In a matter of hours Mike Leake went from off the roster to starting a playoff game, quite the mind game for a young #5 starter.

We saw the NLCS on the horizon while the Nats saw it at their doorstep.

No excuses though, we still underachieved.

Glad to see all the posters here are from 2010 - 2012 . The 2010 Reds choked because we were scrared (happy) to be in the playoffs. We kicked butt in games 1 and 2 and the Giants domainated in 3-5, that simple.
    Last edited by goreds2; 10-13-2012 at 11:45 PM. Reason: GRAMMER - AGAIN!
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Turn Off Ads?