Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Just saw Mike Matheny on MLB & I know what the Cardinals have!!!

Re: Just saw Mike Matheny on MLB & I know what the Cardinals have!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cw0802 View Post
    Honest question. Should I get a pizza, or tacos for dinner?
    Go with the pizza.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by cw0802 View Post
    I'll agree here. Matheny isn't a great manager but he's not horrible. There's a learning process, but it definitely helps having guys like Beltran, Berkman, Molina and Carpenter in the clubhouse.

I would argue that the game 1 loss couldn't be placed on MM. The hit that drove in the winning run was a pitch outside to a dead pull hitter who flicked his bat at it. If you want to call anything lucky, that was it. But it fell so it is what it is, and the Nats got the credit.
    He lost game one by getting worked over by Johnson terrible bad. The Cards took off when they got Mujica and it set up him Boggs and Motte in the 7-9 taking all the BP moves out of his hands. When they did good they worked the innings regardless of the splits.

In the 8th he used Mujica and had Boggs in but Johnson went to bring a LH bat up in Tracy. MM got jumpy and went to get the LHP Rzepczynski so Davey went to RH hitter Moore and we all know what happened. He took out a 2.21 ERA, 1.05 WHIP and .211 BAA for a guy who had a 4.24 ERA, 1.35 WHIP and .257 BAA and put the worse guy into a poor match up.

In game 4 in the 9th he could have went to Mujica, Motte his two key arms but went to Lynn who has sucked out of the pen this year in his first innings.

6.43 ERA and .355 out of the pen this year in RS and then 5.40 in the playoffs before the HR. The first batters of the game this year have a line of .438/.486/.906/1.392 and in his first inning of work his line was .330/.417/.643/1.060 these last two splits don't include the playoffs and we all know what happens the first guy hit a walk-off HR his 3 HR allowed of the series in 3.1 IP.

So he made two questionable moves and both cost him a pair of one run playoffs games.

Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    He lost game one by getting worked over by Johnson terrible bad. The Cards took off when they got Mujica and it set up him Boggs and Motte in the 7-9 taking all the BP moves out of his hands. When they did good they worked the innings regardless of the splits.

In the 8th he used Mujica and had Boggs in but Johnson went to bring a LH bat up in Tracy. MM got jumpy and went to get the LHP Rzepczynski so Davey went to RH hitter Moore and we all know what happened. He took out a 2.21 ERA, 1.05 WHIP and .211 BAA for a guy who had a 4.24 ERA, 1.35 WHIP and .257 BAA and put the worse guy into a poor match up.

In game 4 in the 9th he could have went to Mujica, Motte his two key arms but went to Lynn who has sucked out of the pen this year in his first innings.

6.43 ERA and .355 out of the pen this year in RS and then 5.40 in the playoffs before the HR. The first batters of the game this year have a line of .438/.486/.906/1.392 and in his first inning of work his line was .330/.417/.643/1.060 these last two splits don't include the playoffs and we all know what happens the first guy hit a walk-off HR his 3 HR allowed of the series in 3.1 IP.

So he made two questionable moves and both cost him a pair of one run playoffs games.
    Who got the better of who in game 5? Johnson or Matheny

Johnson was awful....no merit there

Bob Brenly was ridiculous as a manager...but had 2 elite stud pitchers and another very good one plus a lot of good fortune....and a championship

Quote Originally Posted by birdsonthebat View Post
    Who got the better of who in game 5? Johnson or Matheny
    Neither did anything that game the Nats had good pitchers walk the park and the also made several mistakes in the field leading to runs.

Matheny did absolutely nothing to win the game other than stay out of the way if anything he made it harder on them to come back by letting Wainwright get beat up for 6 in 2.1 after that the game managed its self.

The only real mistake Johnson made was not having anyone but Jackson to go to in relief but if Stephen Strasburg was there he would have went multiple innings after Gio left.

Our dugout was doing the same honestly.
    I've said all winter — they talk about this team winning the division — and my comment is, they won't win it because, at the end of the day, they still are the Chicago Cubs, and they will figure out a way to screw this whole thing up. - Marty Brennaman

I never said they had a good manager because I don't think he is...yet....I said it's the dugout energy & that's it...Look, I'm no cards fan & I tend to throw up in my mouth looking at Carpenter...La Russa was a total jerk but he did one thing better than anyone...pulling his pitchers before they blew the game & IMHO he would have never let AW go that far...drove alot of people crazy how many pitchers he used but if Price or Dusty would have pulled Latos...we win...there wasn't a doubt in my mind Latos was gonna give up a bomb...but we watch & hope....
    Also 'Hometown' don't give these trolls the time of day...they just want to jerk your chain...don't let them...I can't even imagine what kind of 'lowlife' goes to another site & puffs their tiny chests out...they're all text book...they try to bring you down to their level...there's a few nice ones but they're mostly tools...Block them Hometown...please
    The purpose of this post was just to talk to only Red's fans of discuss what kind of person we need to step up.....

Any UK hoops fans watch BBM last nite?.........bear with me Reds fans, what this team needs is a Matthew Mithellesque, dugout presence......Seriously, who wouldn't want to play for him.
    I say promote Delino. Not sure if Bell is an answer, but DeShields seems to be on the fast track.

Quote Originally Posted by redsrolen View Post
    I never said they had a good manager because I don't think he is...yet....I said it's the dugout energy & that's it...Look, I'm no cards fan & I tend to throw up in my mouth looking at Carpenter...La Russa was a total jerk but he did one thing better than anyone...pulling his pitchers before they blew the game & IMHO he would have never let AW go that far...drove alot of people crazy how many pitchers he used but if Price or Dusty would have pulled Latos...we win...there wasn't a doubt in my mind Latos was gonna give up a bomb...but we watch & hope....
    Also 'Hometown' don't give these trolls the time of day...they just want to jerk your chain...don't let them...I can't even imagine what kind of 'lowlife' goes to another site & puffs their tiny chests out...they're all text book...they try to bring you down to their level...there's a few nice ones but they're mostly tools...Block them Hometown...please
    The purpose of this post was just to talk to only Red's fans of discuss what kind of person we need to step up.....
    Chris Carpenter is an awesome player and probably a better teammate.

Much better player and person than that guy on the Reds that kicks players with his cleats.

Guys, stop feeding the trolls. Arguing with stupid only drags you down to their neanderthal levels. We are Reds fans. We are above such behavior. We KNOW what *class* is like.

Tho I DO have to admit my friends, to stooping to their level this morning with A) I snapped hard at a coworker who crowed "The cardinals won! hahahaha" as soon as I walked into work today, and B) I told another co-worker that if he didn't get the F outta my face I was going to punch him in the weener. I am NOT a morning person, do not fark with me at 6am and only 4 hours sleep.....
    Last edited by foxfire123; 10-13-2012 at 09:53 PM. Reason: spellcheck

I love how dumb and insecure they are Fox, I also love how predicable they are. I called exactly what was going to happen here a full month before it happened if this scenario happened. We got one troll from the team that knocked us out but a team we didn't even play we have got 10 new members and 30+ guests.

What exactly is a Red?

What exactly is a Red?
    Something besides a little bitty red bird.........wooo I'm a cardinal....tweet tweet..

You are making a very weak attempt at smack.......I'd quit if I were you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuff Nut View Post
    Something besides a little bitty red bird.........wooo I'm a cardinal....tweet tweet..

You are making a very weak attempt at smack.......I'd quit if I were you.
    I am really curious what a Red is.

That is a very weak attempt at criticizing the Cardinals.

I am really curious what a Red is.

That is a very weak attempt at criticizing the Cardinals.
    It's likely the color of the skin blemish on your mom's neck.

Turn Off Ads?