Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Just saw Mike Matheny on MLB & I know what the Cardinals have!!!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Just saw Mike Matheny on MLB & I know what the Cardinals have!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brittingham.Sam View Post
    Every fan bases has jackasses and im sorry the cardinal a holes trolling your boards. I have seen it and called them out on it too. You just give them credence by responding to them. Also seeing how much you post about stats i can tell you are a big sabre metrics guy. Sabre metrics can get you into the playoffs but it doesn't win championships. What wins World series is people stepping up when there name is called and thats what the cardinals have been doing.

The reason the nats lost is because Davey Johnson let Storen, who had pitched the two previous days, walk the bases loaded and still left him in.

Finally, just be careful how you generalize a city with 3 million people. On other threads on here reds fans chastise the cardinals for having a huge pay roll. Which they do, if i remember correctly its the 9th largest. St. Louis is the 22nd largest media market in the country. The only reason they can spend that kind of money is because every single person in the greater st louis area bleeds cardinals red. The greater cinci area is not that much smaller than st louis's, yet your amazing reds fans were 16th! this year in attendance when you were, in my opinion, hands down the best team in baseball. Fenway park only holds 35,000 people and the redsox finished 30 games below .500 yet they still finished 6 places ahead of the reds in attendance when the reds stadium holds 45,000 people and the reds finshed the season over 20 games above .500
    Nice post, but one big correction.

St. Louis has always had a much bigger market than Cincinnati. It's because there really were no other MLB teams west of the Mississippi for so long, and because of the strength of KMOX, which reaches dozens of states. There are Cardinal fans all over the Midwest, in states like Kansas, Wyoming, Idaho, Iowa, Montana, etc. The Cardinals were the Yankees of the NL for quite awhile. The Cardinal nation is huge.

According to this site, Cards are 21st biggest media market and Cincinnati is 35th.

http://www.sportstvjobs.com/resource...sizes-dma.html

And the Saint Louis metroplolitan arena is much bigger than Cincinnati's, it's around 1 million people bigger, around 3M to 2M.

Their market is bigger, their fan base is bigger and the number of people driving distance of them is bigger.
    Last edited by JayStubbs; 10-15-2012 at 01:48 AM.

Turn Off Ads?