Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 73

Thread: Just saw Mike Matheny on MLB & I know what the Cardinals have!!!

  1. #46
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,849

    Re: Just saw Mike Matheny on MLB & I know what the Cardinals have!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rijo's Ghost View Post
    This isn't "any other year" and the 2nd WC is now part of the game.
    Yes that's lucky for them.

    The Braves lost to the Cards by one game last year so they got lucky the rule wasn't there in 2011 avoiding a 1 game playoff. Then Braves come back and beat them 5 of 6 games this year and open a 6 game gap but the new rule sticks them in a one and done situation where one bad fielding game ends a 162 great season.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rijo's Ghost View Post
    And this year the Reds got them 15 times. Does that discredit the 97 win season in your mind? For some reason I doubt it..
    Yes we were also lucky to get them so much but if you subtract them from our record we still have 87 wins in 147 games for a .592 W% which would still keep us 2nd in the majors. And we would have one less win than the Cards even with their 15 extra games vs Houston.

    If you drop the games with Houston for the Cards they have a 77-70 record that's a .524 W% or 13th best of 30 teams and put them behind the Dodgers who had a .531 and .526 without Houston.

    So yes it helped them into the playoffs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rijo's Ghost View Post
    There's not a whole lot of logic in that math, as it presumes that the wins would all magically turn into losses.
    They play 6 games with the worst team in baseball by a mile since the start of Interleague, the last 3 times they made the NLCS they made the playoffs by 4.5 games total even with the 2nd Wild Cards, those other teams are getting much harder draws.

    Look at the Dodgers getting stuck with 6 with the Angels going 2-4, so while they had 6 with a team better than the Cards even with a far much harder schedule. The Cards won 4 with the 90 loss Royals from the weakest division in baseball. The difference here is 2 games and 2 games is the difference in the standings even with the 9 less games the Dodgers got with Houston.

    So yes it helped them into the playoffs.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #47
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    6
    Hey hero...don't look now but Kosma just got lucky again.

  4. #48
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    6
    And there goes Beltran ... All roided up.

  5. #49
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,849

    Re: Just saw Mike Matheny on MLB & I know what the Cardinals have!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sodbuster View Post
    Hey hero...don't look now but Kosma just got lucky again.
    Latest inflated BABIP player for the BABIP kings, now at .388 including the playoffs.

  6. #50
    Member redsrolen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    231

    Re: Just saw Mike Matheny on MLB & I know what the Cardinals have!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    Latest inflated BABIP player for the BABIP kings, now at .388 including the playoffs.
    Mr Hometown...please don't answer these low life trolls...Only losers & I mean only losers go to another team's chat room...

    What are trolls...people that have no self esteem & try to make you come down to their underground level...Block them or just laugh at them like I do....

    And by the way the score is 6-3....oops 6-4
    Last edited by redsrolen; 10-14-2012 at 09:59 PM.

  7. #51
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    370

    Re: Just saw Mike Matheny on MLB & I know what the Cardinals have!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    Latest inflated BABIP player for the BABIP kings, now at .388 including the playoffs.
    BABIP kings were the Rockies.

  8. #52
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,849

    Re: Just saw Mike Matheny on MLB & I know what the Cardinals have!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rijo's Ghost View Post
    BABIP kings were the Rockies.
    They are by dfault they play in a park that is .347-390-415-375-350 so their BABIP is high due to 4 infielders and 3 outfielders not being enough to cover that much ground. They had a .348 BABIP at home and just .292 on the road, their pitchers have a .343 BABIP at how showing its the just the park inflating it once they started to use the humidor.

  9. #53
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    370

    Re: Just saw Mike Matheny on MLB & I know what the Cardinals have!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    They are by dfault they play in a park that is .347-390-415-375-350 so their BABIP is high due to 4 infielders and 3 outfielders not being enough to cover that much ground. They had a .348 BABIP at home and just .292 on the road, their pitchers have a .343 BABIP at how showing its the just the park inflating it once they started to use the humidor.
    And the Cardinals had a .331 BABIP at home also due to having a spacious ballpark. They also had the 3rd highest GB% and GB go for hits at a much higher rate than FB's.

    While simple random variation plays a factor, it's not the only factor.

  10. #54
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,849

    Re: Just saw Mike Matheny on MLB & I know what the Cardinals have!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by redsrolen View Post
    Mr Hometown...please don't answer these low life trolls...Only losers & I mean only losers go to another team's chat room...

    What are trolls...people that have no self esteem & try to make you come down to their underground level...Block them or just laugh at them like I do....

    And by the way the score is 6-3....oops 6-4
    They are losers but they make my point about how insecure their fan base really is despite tons of winnings. If Cards lose or aren't playing their life becomes a living hell, so when they win rather than being happy about it they want to attempt to make others equally miserable as theirs so they feel better about themselves.

    Cards fans think others are jealous of their team, but the other 29 fan bases hate the Cards because of their fans and how they refuse to admit the level of their luck.

  11. #55
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,849

    Re: Just saw Mike Matheny on MLB & I know what the Cardinals have!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rijo's Ghost View Post
    And the Cardinals had a .331 BABIP at home also due to having a spacious ballpark. They also had the 3rd highest GB% and GB go for hits at a much higher rate than FB's.

    While simple random variation plays a factor, it's not the only factor.
    Its no where as big as Coors field, they actually play in a normal size ballpark. Most of that is Jay's .430 BABIP at home and if you every seen Jay play at home 75% of his hits are swinging bunts or 30 hoppers just past infielders, Kozma kicked in a .524 to boot but that was in limited time.

    You know its not a park factor due to the have a .298 BABIP at home for their pitchers which is slightly about league average.

  12. #56
    Member Ironman92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,552
    None of you guys are going to sway the other's mind regardless of how good your point is.

  13. #57
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    216

    Re: Just saw Mike Matheny on MLB & I know what the Cardinals have!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    None of you guys are going to sway the other's mind regardless of how good your point is.
    It is hard to sway the mind of someone who believes the only reason the opposition does anything is because of luck.

  14. #58
    Salukifan2
    Guest

    Re: Just saw Mike Matheny on MLB & I know what the Cardinals have!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by redsrolen View Post
    Mr Hometown...please don't answer these low life trolls...Only losers & I mean only losers go to another team's chat room...

    What are trolls...people that have no self esteem & try to make you come down to their underground level...Block them or just laugh at them like I do....

    And by the way the score is 6-3....oops 6-4
    If you don't want cardinal fans on your site don't constantly talk shi! about them. Seriously take a look at the number of threads on here that either start out as trashing the redbirds or quickly move that direction. It is a startling number.

    Also, just because a some people who played for the cardinals used PEDs doesn't mean the whole team is using them. Using your logic i can conclude that every reds player bets on baseball. maybe your reds threw the 3 games to the giants.

    Do you see how ridiculous that is?

  15. #59
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,849

    Re: Just saw Mike Matheny on MLB & I know what the Cardinals have!!!

    Cards fans always talk about the Reds but we don't flock to your boards, the other night we had well over 100 guests trolling here about 10% of them signed up at it just magically happened to be the day after we got knocked out and the Cards advanced, odd.

  16. #60
    Salukifan2
    Guest

    Re: Just saw Mike Matheny on MLB & I know what the Cardinals have!!!

    Every fan bases has jackasses and im sorry the cardinal a holes trolling your boards. I have seen it and called them out on it too. You just give them credence by responding to them. Also seeing how much you post about stats i can tell you are a big sabre metrics guy. Sabre metrics can get you into the playoffs but it doesn't win championships. What wins World series is people stepping up when there name is called and thats what the cardinals have been doing.

    The reason the nats lost is because Davey Johnson let Storen, who had pitched the two previous days, walk the bases loaded and still left him in.

    Finally, just be careful how you generalize a city with 3 million people. On other threads on here reds fans chastise the cardinals for having a huge pay roll. Which they do, if i remember correctly its the 9th largest. St. Louis is the 22nd largest media market in the country. The only reason they can spend that kind of money is because every single person in the greater st louis area bleeds cardinals red. The greater cinci area is not that much smaller than st louis's, yet your amazing reds fans were 16th! this year in attendance when you were, in my opinion, hands down the best team in baseball. Fenway park only holds 35,000 people and the redsox finished 30 games below .500 yet they still finished 6 places ahead of the reds in attendance when the reds stadium holds 45,000 people and the reds finshed the season over 20 games above .500


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25