I'm sort of envious.

Cincinnati is, what it is. But why hasn't it grown to become a major city? We have so many big companies here, why hasn't the core grown? I love cincinnati, but at the same time I realize that the core is 75% composed of african americans/low income families, and 25% middle, to high income families.

I just love cincinnati, and I love the reds. But I always hoped during the 70's of the era of the BRM that Cincinnati would one day become a sister to Chicago, and expand in size and scope. Instead it feels we make minimal progress decade by decade.

I just look at the Reds, and there week day 20K fans, and realize it's mainly due to most of the reds fans living in the suburbs and outside bordering states and middle ohio. If cincinnati grew, the core would follow. The stadium would be packed every night.

I still love cincinnati, and accept it for what it is. But sometimes I close my eyes and envision how it would be if it was similar to chicago in scope and size. How lively the city would be, how lively the stadium would be on a nightly basis regardless of the month.

We're making solid progress with the banks, and hopefully that's a sign of things to come..hopefully...