Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Why hasn't Cincinnati grown as a city?

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Re: Why hasn't Cincinnati grown as a city?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    "Just post the report?"

From an email inbox at a company I don't work for anymore?

Yeah...I'll get right on that.

I have a better idea:

Why don't you two go ahead and continue to think that Clifton is all sunshine and lollipops, while the rest of the world that is even remotely paying attention will know otherwise.

Sound like a plan? Great!

I get so tired of these "link or it didn't happen" people. I'll tell you what, fellas... go fetch me a few emails from a company you don't work for anymore, otherwise "they never existed."

Get a clue.
    Oh...I'm sorry you can't hold down a job...how does welfare pay? J/K man...J/K!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Why don't you two go ahead and continue to think that Clifton is all sunshine and lollipops, while the rest of the world that is even remotely paying attention will know otherwise.
    Dude, I couldn't find Clifton on a map ! In fact, before this thread started, I doubt I'd ever heard of it. This is all about you making statements you can't back up. In the adult world you don't refer to documents you can't produce.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Dude, I couldn't find Clifton on a map !
    Sadly, I believe you.

This is all about you making statements you can't back up.
    I back up my statements with first hand experience. Those don't always have readily available links. Remember your first kiss or the first time you had your heart broken? LINK PLEASE OR IT NEVER HAPPENED.

Besides, even if I had access to those old emails, I certainly wouldn't take the legal risk of reposting them here, or anywhere else for that matter.

In the adult world you don't refer to documents you can't produce.

Oh I'm sorry, is this the adult world? Look...if you really want to know, there are plenty of people that either work or worked for UC that can verify these crime reports. But that's not really want you want. You are a troll, and you think you are bullying. But the real deal is that you are exposing your ignorance of Clifton, Cincinnati, and a great many other things to the rest of the community at RedsZone. And you have done so with such fervor, that I don't know whether to laugh at you or feel sorry for you.

BOTTOM LINE:
    If you lived in Clifton and/or went to school in Clifton, then chances are VERY HIGH that you or someone you know has been robbed, assaulted, or both. You can't even say that about Downtown Cincinnati. It's sad, but it's true. There are many reasons for this, none of which have anything to do with race, and as pointed out, have more to do with the socio-economic status of the surrounding area. ...not that you would know any of this, because as you pointed out earlier, you are merely trolling.
    Last edited by Bob Sheed; 10-16-2012 at 05:24 PM.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

..if you really want to know, there are plenty of people that either work or worked for UC that can verify these crime reports.
    Link please.

To say that Cincinnati is or isn't safe is way too broad. As anyone who lives here should know, it's all about which neighborhood you're in, which block, the time of day, etc.

When you take the media's bias and circumstantial evidence out of the equation, it's actually a pretty safe place. The violent crimes tend to happen in the same few neighborhoods, so you only need to use common sense.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

I just bought a house in the city of Cincinnati. It's a great city burdened by incredibly ineffective leadership.

The downtown area has a poverty problem that needs to be addressed, but I suspect you can make that claim of most midwest / rust-belt cities.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedTruck View Post

I feel that if Cincinnati mixed it's housing development with rich condo's in poor area's than that somehow would create a better mesh, and create a more safer feeling overall.
    What person in their right mind is going to choose to live among the poor when they are rich? Where on Earth does that happen? Rich people move away from the poor because the poor are linked with crime. Where is this magical place where the rich and poor live in the same Condo complex?

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Camis is right though, Cincinnati is and isn't safe. It really depends where you are and when you are there. Generally speaking, most places are going to seem more safe at 3pm than at 11pm. Price Hill isn't going to feel as safe as Indian Hill no matter what time it is. Bahama Terrace? No thanks.

But really, Texas Dave had it wrapped up pretty nicely on the last page. Cincinnati has an incredibly high rate of crime. That isn't good for growth. Roughly one third of the people in the area feel it isn't even safe to WORK downtown, much less live there. That isn't going to promote growth.

Let's be honest though, downtown sucked for most of my life. I am 28. Until The Banks were completed, there really wasn't much to do downtown other than head to the museum or go to a sporting event. Shopping seems non-existent for the most part. Sure, there are places down there, but it isn't a destination for shopping for most people. Top it off with it being a hilly city and walking around it isn't a thing of joy either. In fact, it kind of sucks.

There are a bunch of reasons the city hasn't grown. Crime is a big reason for it.

Schnickelfritz

Quote Originally Posted by RedTruck View Post
    That's why I feel is the most attributing factor. All the white families are afraid of us colored folk/
    Hey... I think he's catching on.

Schnickelfritz

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/oh/cincinnati/crime/

Cincinnati's Crime Index is 1. (100 is the safest) Cincinnati is safer than 1% of the cities in the U.S. Anyway you slice it there is a lot of crime in the Queen City.
    See previous exaggeration. This place ain't BodyMore, Murderland.

Schnickelfritz

BOTTOM LINE:
    If you lived in Clifton and/or went to school in Clifton, then chances are VERY HIGH that you or someone you know has been robbed, assaulted, or both.
    I went to Hughes High School for a couple years. I studied at UC. I used to live off of Ludlow and I just recently moved back to MLK/Riddle Road. As far as I can recollect, I nor anyone I've known has had a problem.

Except, when I was dating my ex-wife, her car was broken into, but that was her fault for leaving it in a dark lot near Deaconess for a couple days.

Again... link?

Quote Originally Posted by BurgervilleBuck View Post
    I went to Hughes High School for a couple years. I studied at UC. I used to live off of Ludlow and I just recently moved back to MLK/Riddle Road. As far as I can recollect, I nor anyone I've known has had a problem.

Except, when I was dating my ex-wife, her car was broken into, but that was her fault for leaving it in a dark lot near Deaconess for a couple days.

Again... link?
    Love to. Here...have a FEW links:

1. Here's a fun one to start out with:
    http://www.spotcrime.com/oh/cincinnati/clifton

Two shootings, just in the past 4 days. To say nothing of burglaries, theft, etc.
    And many crimes go unreported, but we won't count those .

2. Here is the UC report for University Hospital:
    http://www.uc.edu/webapps/publicsafety/CR/UHI.PDF
    51 thefts, 31 assaults, 1 rape, so far this year. Just at the Hospital!

3. Here it is for just UC Campus:
    268 Thefts
    13 Assaults
    16 Burglaries
    3 Robberies
    ...so far this year.
    And this is JUST ON CAMPUS!

Yep. REAL safe.

The part that floors me is that you went to Hughes. That's where most of the crime on/off campus in Clifton originates from!! And no I don't have a link for that, you shouldn't need one if you really went to Hughes.

Have a great day.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Link please.
    Here you go, troll. Have a rickroll.:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Quote Originally Posted by BurgervilleBuck View Post
    See previous exaggeration. This place ain't BodyMore, Murderland.
    Using Baltimore, Maryland as the standard as to whether a city/community is dangerous is ignorant at best. You can close your eyes to the statistics if you want but that does not make them go away.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/opiniona...neighborhoods/
    Last edited by texasdave; 10-17-2012 at 10:16 AM.

Love to. Here...have a FEW links:

1. Here's a fun one to start out with:
    http://www.spotcrime.com/oh/cincinnati/clifton

Two shootings, just in the past 4 days. To say nothing of burglaries, theft, etc.
    And many crimes go unreported, but we won't count those .

2. Here is the UC report for University Hospital:
    http://www.uc.edu/webapps/publicsafety/CR/UHI.PDF
    51 thefts, 31 assaults, 1 rape, so far this year. Just at the Hospital!

3. Here it is for just UC Campus:
    268 Thefts
    13 Assaults
    16 Burglaries
    3 Robberies
    ...so far this year.
    And this is JUST ON CAMPUS!

Yep. REAL safe.

The part that floors me is that you went to Hughes. That's where most of the crime on/off campus in Clifton originates from!! And no I don't have a link for that, you shouldn't need one if you really went to Hughes.

Have a great day.
    College neighborhoods are notoriously unsafe. How do these numbers compare to similar cities? That's what we're talking about here. I'm not defending an argument that Clifton, Corryville, University Heights, etc. is a safe area, but that part of town is hardly representative of the entire city. How often are any of you at University Hospital, and does it's perceived lack of safety actually have an effect on any of you? It seems like stats are being cherry-picked just to say Greater Cincinnati is unsafe. If we're talking about only Cincinnati's jurisdiction, well, it's much easier to identify why it's unsafe.

Turn Off Ads?