Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Why hasn't Cincinnati grown as a city?

Re: Why hasn't Cincinnati grown as a city?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    It's called, UC crime reports delivered to my email for roughly 5 years.

Believe what you want. Anyone else who gets these reports knows what I am talking about.

I'd say 9 out of every 10 perp was of a certain minority that no one is allowed to identify anymore. And that's being generous.

So again, I guess those crime reports must be racist.

There is a BIG problem in Cincinnati, always has been. And sweeping it under the rug with denial like yours does nothing to address it.
    You are completely missing the point.

Of course the police reports need to identify the suspects of all crimes, and if the suspects are black, that needs to be reported. Nothing I said contradicts that.

However, when discussing crime in any area, there is no need to bring up race. None. Crimes mostly occur in poor areas, it's a class issue. If most the poor are black, then most of the crimes will be committed by blacks. Just as like in the past when most of the poor was Irish, or Italian, or Jewish, or whatever.

Making a race an issue insinuates that black people by nature are more likely to be criminals, which is blantantly false and racist, as well as ignorant.

The area around UC has been poor for quite some time, and that will always attract crime. That is a big problem and should be addressed. The race of the suspected criminals does not need to be addressed as it is irrelevant.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTruck View Post
    Cincinnati has been classified as a racist city for quite some time now. Just how it is.
    Someone wanted evidence, lol

Quote Originally Posted by BurgervilleBuck View Post
    I agree. My gods, every day at UC is like an episode out of The Wire. Kids on every corner ripping and rapping and being rabble rousers and ne'er do wells. O, and the scamps.

Please, don't even mention the scamps.
    More like Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Cincinnati is a few decades behind.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JayStubbs View Post
    You are completely missing the point.

Of course the police reports need to identify the suspects of all crimes, and if the suspects are black, that needs to be reported. Nothing I said contradicts that.

However, when discussing crime in any area, there is no need to bring up race. None. Crimes mostly occur in poor areas, it's a class issue. If most the poor are black, then most of the crimes will be committed by blacks. Just as like in the past when most of the poor was Irish, or Italian, or Jewish, or whatever.

Making a race an issue insinuates that black people by nature are more likely to be criminals, which is blantantly false and racist, as well as ignorant.

The area around UC has been poor for quite some time, and that will always attract crime. That is a big problem and should be addressed. The race of the suspected criminals does not need to be addressed as it is irrelevant.
    Inteligent post!!!

Lets sum up:

1. Bob Sheed refers to some mysterious "UC Crime Reports" which supposedly show something about race and crime in Cincinnati. (Post #28)

2. I request that Bob link to these "UC Crime Reports" so we can see them for ourselves. (Post 29)

3. Bob responds that "It's called, UC crime reports delivered to my email for roughly 5 years" (sic) and accuses me of "denial". (Post # 30)

4. Not having access to Bob's 5 years of emails, I tell Bob that this is not exactly convincing evidence. (Post # 37).

5. Bob tells me to "Do your own research. Or keep your head buried in the sand." (#39)

2 + 2 = 5. And if you question this, do your own research and prove me wrong. Cause I got these emails.

Schnickelfritz

Sorry, Bob.

http://communitypress.cincinnati.com...sey=nav%7Chead

Two-thirds of the adults in the Cincinnati region believe Downtown is a safe place to visit or work.
    Bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by BurgervilleBuck View Post
    I resent someone coming on here and supporting their opinion with evidence. I have half a mind to report this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Lets sum up:

1. Bob Sheed refers to some mysterious "UC Crime Reports" which supposedly show something about race and crime in Cincinnati. (Post #28)
    "Mysterious?"

Maybe to you.

It's a crime report that was sent to every UC employee. So, no, I don't have a link to emails sent to me years ago.

Wow, how mysterious.

Look, if you want to continue in ignorance of the situation in Clifton, that's fine. The next time a student gets clubbed in the back of their head walking back from class, ask them to "send you a link or it didn't happen."
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

"Mysterious?"

Maybe to you.

It's a crime report that was sent to every UC employee. So, no, I don't have a link to emails sent to me years ago.

Wow, how mysterious.

Look, if you want to continue in ignorance of the situation in Clifton, that's fine. The next time a student gets clubbed in the back of their head walking back from class, ask them to "send you a link or it didn't happen."
    Its not hard...just post the report!!! You dont need to post the whole email, although that would work to!!! Many feel as tho you are highly exagerating the situation!!!

"Mysterious?"

Maybe to you.

Wow, how mysterious.

You really can't make this stuff up. Get me those crime reports Bob, I know you can do it.

Breaking: I've just received several emails from UC saying that people have recently been raped, held at gun point, and stabbed, with an unidentified overfed, balding middle aged white male fleeing the scene.

Separately, it is always interesting and important to compare a city's crime rate with those of similarly sized communities - a fair comparison as larger cities tend to have more crime. NeighborhoodScout has done just that. With a population of 296,943, Cincinnati has a combined rate of violent and property crime that is very high compared to other places of similar population size. Regardless of whether Cincinnati does well or poorly compared to all other cities and towns in the US of all sizes, compared to places with a similar population, it fares badly. Few other communities of this size have a crime rate as high as Cincinnati.
    http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/oh/cincinnati/crime/

Cincinnati's Crime Index is 1. (100 is the safest) Cincinnati is safer than 1% of the cities in the U.S. Anyway you slice it there is a lot of crime in the Queen City.

Two-thirds of the adults in the Cincinnati region believe Downtown is a safe place to visit or work.
    Facts need context. Is this a good percentage or a bad percentage? I really have no idea. At first glance though, I believe if 1 out of every 3 adults is thinking a place is unsafe; that is not very good. It could be reality. It could be perception. Either way I don't think this is a stat that I would hang my hat on.

So do we generally agree that the reason cincinnati hasn't grown more is because of the generalized thought that Cincinnati is still dangerous (and overrun by blacks) and thus they don't feel it's safe to raise their families and children in the downtown area.

That's why I feel is the most attributing factor. All the white families are afraid of us colored folk/

I live in a small town in BFI Indiana. I have been to Cincy many times and walked around downtown with my family and not once have I felt unsafe. The same can not be said for other cities of what feel about the same size(pretty sure they are) like Louisville and Syracuse. I see on TV all the time that there is more than corn in Indiana, it's gotta be true....I can not varify for sure tho!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    You really can't make this stuff up. Get me those crime reports Bob, I know you can do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Its not hard...just post the report!!! You dont need to post the whole email, although that would work to!!! Many feel as tho you are highly exagerating the situation!!!
    "Just post the report?"

From an email inbox at a company I don't work for anymore?

Yeah...I'll get right on that.

I have a better idea:

Why don't you two go ahead and continue to think that Clifton is all sunshine and lollipops, while the rest of the world that is even remotely paying attention will know otherwise.

Sound like a plan? Great!

I get so tired of these "link or it didn't happen" people. I'll tell you what, fellas... go fetch me a few emails from a company you don't work for anymore, otherwise "they never existed."

Get a clue.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Turn Off Ads?