20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 65.00%
  • No

7 35.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The playoffs are a snooze fest now. ZZzzzzzzzz

The playoffs are a snooze fest now. ZZzzzzzzzz

Yankees, Detroit, Cardinals, San Francisco.

Teams with the top 10 income and team salary.

No exciting cinderella stories like the Oakland A's (who have the craziest fans in the world, compared to Yankee fans) or the Baltimore O's lead by Showalter in the ALCS

No nice young matchups like the Nationals going through..and of course it's just been 17 years since Cincinnati has seen a NLCS as well.

Could care less about these matchups, unfortantly.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Dissident

Re: The playoffs are a snooze fest now. ZZzzzzzzzz

Sour grapes.

After a year of premature chest thumping.

Except for the Yankees, who have made the playoffs every freaking year but one since expansion, the field is plenty fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by redhat View Post
    Sour grapes.

After a year of premature chest thumping.

Except for the Yankees, who have made the playoffs every freaking year but one since expansion, the field is plenty fresh.
    How is it fresh?

Cardinals were in the world series last year and won, and have been in the playoffs to many times to count since 2000.

The Giants won the world series in 2010

And detroit was a world series title not so long ago either.

Pretty predictable teams if you ask me.

Sour Grapes echoed. Even after watching the Reds puke all over their shoes, watching playoff baseball is ALWAYS exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by TSJ55 View Post
    Sour Grapes echoed. Even after watching the Reds puke all over their shoes, watching playoff baseball is ALWAYS exciting.

It would've been more exciting to see more fresh faces advance (like the a's or the o's, or the nats)

Instead it's faces we see year round in the playoffs. An there's no good stories behind them either. With the Braves at least you could root for them because it was Chipper Jones final season..but it's really hard to get motivated for any of these current teams.

Baseball in itself is already a boring sport to watch compared to the NBA, or the NFL. It doesn't help the teams aren't that exciting either.

At least with Oakland, the fans were incredibly entertaining to watch, seeing them dress up in wacky costumes and whatnot

Although seeing the Giants and Cards in the NLCS makes me puke, it's still good baseball.

And watching the Yankees get beat in the postseason, especially at home, is awesome to watch.

Hoping the Tigers win it all...

Quote Originally Posted by RedTruck View Post
    It would've been more exciting to see more fresh faces advance (like the a's or the o's, or the nats)
    I would have loved to have seen any of these teams still playing but they didn't win and you could say at least one of them ::cough:: Nationals ::cough:: mismanaged themselves right out of it. In my world, nothing beats high class baseball regardless of who is playing.

Instead it's faces we see year round in the playoffs. An there's no good stories behind them either. With the Braves at least you could root for them because it was Chipper Jones final season..but it's really hard to get motivated for any of these current teams.
    I am a baseball fan first. A Reds fan second. A Cardinal hater third. The story is who is going to beat the Cardinals.

Baseball in itself is already a boring sport to watch compared to the NBA, or the NFL. It doesn't help the teams aren't that exciting either.
    I couldn't disagree more. The NFL is pretty cool, but the NBA is a total joke comparable to the WWE or TNA wrastlin'. The 2nd worst day in sports is the day the NBA starts.

I honestly cannot wait to watch Verlander pitch. My generation's Nolan Ryan.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock of Truth View Post
    I honestly cannot wait to watch Verlander pitch. My generation's Nolan Ryan.
    Yes. This guy is the epitome of "Pitcher".

Salukifan2

Totally agree that all the compelling stories are no longer in the playoffs. I want to see the yanks come back just so they can get their ass kicked by either the cards or giants.

Quote Originally Posted by TSJ55 View Post
    Yes. This guy is the epitome of "Pitcher".
    Book this: the Yanks will ROCK the guy and win easy.

Not just the baseball playoffs but sports in general is hard to enjoy after this collapse

Quote Originally Posted by Magdal View Post
    Book this: the Yanks will ROCK the guy and win easy.

If you can give me some specifics to make "ROCK" a little more objective, I may be willing to place a friendly wager. Winner ships loser some local craft beer?

I have to agree about the snooze fest. Having a hard time picking a team to root for. I usually lean towards the NL, but with SF and St Louis.... Argggg. Detroit has the starting pitching, but their pen is suspect at best. The Yankees are toast. I'm thinking the WS champion will come out of the NL. You have to hold me over hot coals to get me to pull for either one of them.
    "And this one belongs to the Reds!"

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

As long as the Yanks get beat I'll smile -- if the Cards go down I'll dance a jig.
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

Turn Off Ads?