Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sell high?

Re: Sell high?

I'd keep Homer. He pencils in as the number 3 starting pitcher next season.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Start the Reactor! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    While they are in win-now mode, it's not like thay have a short expiration date.

They would only include Mes in a trade for a player they control for multiple years.
    And how many years of control does Fowler have left?
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

Start the Reactor! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar

Am I the only person seeing the window closing after 2015? When Votto and Phillips will have aged, Cueto, Latos, Chapman, Bailey, and Marshall will no longer be under contract. I think the next three seasons should be treated as nearly a "win-now" type opportunity for the Reds. I want a World Series by golly!
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Am I the only person seeing the window closing after 2015? When Votto and Phillips will have aged, Cueto, Latos, Chapman, Bailey, and Marshall will no longer be under contract. I think the next three seasons should be treated as nearly a "win-now" type opportunity for the Reds. I want a World Series by golly!
    That's a pretty pessimistic view of the team. Votto will still only be 32 around then. And I wouldn't guess they'll let ALL of those players walk. I imagine they'll go all out to keep a marquee player like Chapman, and they'll probably try to work something out with at least one of Latos and Cueto. Even so we have good young pitchers in the minors. Robert Stephenson might be a top 10 prospect. Corcino could be the next Cueto. And Cingrani could probably approximate Marshall to a good degree at the very least.
    They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    He has also taught me that even when the Reds win it is important to focus on the fact that they could have lost.

Can someone clarify Chapman's contract for me? He now has two years of MLS. After 2013, he should be arbitration eligible. That means the $3M on his 2014 contract will convert to a bonus and 2014 will become his first arbitration year. In 2015 he has a player option for $5M. If he refuses the option, then would he be electing instead arbitration year 2 for 2015? Would 2016 then be arbitration year 3 with FA delayed until 2017?

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by RED VAN HOT View Post
    Can someone clarify Chapman's contract for me? He now has two years of MLS. After 2013, he should be arbitration eligible. That means the $3M on his 2014 contract will convert to a bonus and 2014 will become his first arbitration year. In 2015 he has a player option for $5M. If he refuses the option, then would he be electing instead arbitration year 2 for 2015? Would 2016 then be arbitration year 3 with FA delayed until 2017?
    That is correct. We still control his contract for 4 more years.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    That is correct. We still control his contract for 4 more years.
    Thanks, Puffy.

Turn Off Ads?