Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Trade Mesoraco?

Re: Trade Mesoraco?

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Why?

Chapman was among the best pitchers in baseball last season. Two brief hiccups and a tired arm notwithstanding, Dude got it done as no one in the history of the game has.

I don't care if he carries a blankie and pacifier to the mound-- if he's as good as last season, you give him pretty much what he wants.
    I think a blankie would get in the way.

Really though, the only thing that disappointed me was his receiving ability. I was talking with a former pitcher while watching a game and he couldn't believe how bad he was receiving pitches, especially breaking balls. He stabs really bad on balls below his right knee, which is a big problem. You could tell he wasn't comfortable catching Chapman either, so I don't blame Chapman for those feelings.

For the record, I am a big fan of Mesoracos and I expect him to do well still, as soon as next year.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'd be more interested in overpaying for Ludwick. Or asking for Andrus instead and move Cozart to 3b and Frazier to LF. Either way, you risk potentially destabilizing the entire staff, at least it appears that way. It's not in Walt's dna, I wouldn't think.

Quote Originally Posted by mdccclxix View Post
    I'd be more interested in overpaying for Ludwick. Or asking for Andrus instead and move Cozart to 3b and Frazier to LF. Either way, you risk potentially destabilizing the entire staff, at least it appears that way. It's not in Walt's dna, I wouldn't think.
    I hear you but I don't think Cozart has the offensive firepower to be a valuable 3B. Especially not with Andrus at SS and Frazier in LF. I think the Reds would be too weak offensively.
    Go BLUE!!!

3b is not a big offensive position. A .750 OPS would be outstanding for any team, and an upgrade for the Reds. Tough to count on that from Cozart I guess. But Andrus would solve leadoff "big time" (dusty voice).

3b is not a big offensive position. A .750 OPS would be outstanding for any team, and an upgrade for the Reds. Tough to count on that from Cozart I guess. But Andrus would solve leadoff "big time" (dusty voice).
    Problem is you could likely have 5 offensive positions that OPS < .750 (SS, 3B, LF, CF, C) or everyone other than the three guys on the right side of the diamond.

I don't think that puts you in position to have a very good offense.
    Go BLUE!!!

-The Insider-

But Billy Hamilton will be the Reds' leadoff hitter as of April 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by cinreds21 View Post
    But Billy Hamilton will be the Reds' leadoff hitter as of April 2014.
    And Andrus would possibly be a free agent at that time, I believe. If they somehow resigned Andrus, that would be a nice top of the order with Hamilton and Andrus then Votto.

Mes caught 420 Innings in 2012.

That's approx 7 games a month.

I'm going to go ahead and call that a "small sample size".

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Mes caught 420 Innings in 2012.

That's approx 7 games a month.

I'm going to go ahead and call that a "small sample size".
    Yep, trade your two 1st round catchers in two off seasons?

Sounds wack to me

Turn Off Ads?