Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Scott Torgenson suspension

Scott Torgenson suspension

Anyone else around here listen to Common Man and The Torg on 97.1 The Fan out of Columbus? Scott Torgenson was suspended indefinitely for saying in a tweet that he hoped Desmond Howard would get fired or die.

Herbie ripped him on air, and I think it's justified. Just a stupid thing to say, whether he meant it or not. I listen to the show quite a bit, and enjoy it, but also realize that those guys cross the line. Sadly, I think the only reason he's been suspended is because of the clout Kirk Herbstreit carries at the station. They've made similar awful comments regarding some things with the Penn State saga that I thought were too much.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Scott Torgenson suspension

Haha, I love the Torg. Actually took shots with him at a Crew match earlier this year. He started his undergrad at U of M actually

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar
    Hopefully this will get the wheels turning of getting the common man and the Torg off the air. Their shtick is so frat boyish and tired. Maybe it because I'm getting older, but I want some local radio to just report the local and national news to me without making it a goofy mess. Go to fox sports radio of you want to do that.
    Witty signature.

Next stop.....the Citgo?

I love the Common Man and the Torg.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

They are the definition if local sports radio. They are petty. As soon as a guest is off the air, they talk badly about them.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Torgerson got fired.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

You can follow him now at @citgotorg

He'll catch on somewhere else, just hopefully not Columbus.
    Witty signature.

From some common acquaintances, I'm told Scott Torgerson is a good guy. However, the Common Man and the Torg was one of the worst radio shows I've ever heard in my life. I got so turned off from listening to that show, I haven't listened to talk radio since I moved from Columbus...
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Quote Originally Posted by sonny View Post

Sonny, your dislike of him is bordering on odd. If you want boring radio, listen to NPR.

Quote Originally Posted by smith288 View Post
    Sonny, your dislike of him is bordering on odd. If you want boring radio, listen to NPR.
    How is a personal opinion odd?

I didn't like his antics, his style or his delivery. It's unfortunate that he got himself fired, but his cute little persona found himself at the Citgo.

Also, it should be mentioned that Ricordati has become way more listenable without the Torg.
    Witty signature.

Quote Originally Posted by sonny View Post

That's not a legitimate Twitter account.

Turn Off Ads?