Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Ludwick to decline option

Re: Ludwick to decline option

Nick Swisher's price tag probably dropped a whole lot. He might be a good fit over Ludwick.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

2. Turn Off Ads?

Ludwick just seems like a young 35 to me, not Grandpa-esque as Rolen seemed to always be, no slight intended.

But maybe it's just that full luscious hair that is fooling me.

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    Nick Swisher's price tag probably dropped a whole lot. He might be a good fit over Ludwick.
    He makes me nauseous. His act wore really thin in NY down the stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    What, you're not into feigned cheerleader enthusiasm and cheesy smile? I thought I was the only one gagging.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    Funny, in '09 when Swisher helped the Yankees win a WS championship, the common thread was "He's brought some much-needed levity to the Yanks' clubhouse. It was too sterile in there before he arrived."

Now it's "Swisher is immature and not as professional as we want our Yankees to be."

Sorry, I'm no NY hater, but I do have some Yankee friends and it's been hilarious watching them do a complete 180 on Swisher. They used to love him; now they want him gone. However, nothing has really changed with him. Numbers are pretty much the same (a bit down this year, granted) and he's always behaved in this fashion. It's just that winning cures all. Losing magnifies everything.

Turn Off Ads?