Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A-Rod

Re: A-Rod

He'll go to St. Louis, become a model citizen, hit 50 HRs and win a gold glove. And nobody here would be surprised.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

2. Turn Off Ads?
    rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    He'll go to St. Louis, become a model citizen, hit 50 HRs and win a gold glove. And nobody here would be surprised.
    I would not be surprised in the least if they got him and put him at 1B.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    A-Rod used to be a pretty good SS...
    Don't remember, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was. I stand corrected. Thanks.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Rodriguez won’t ask to be traded, but he has told close friends he won’t block a deal as long as he’s going to a large-market team.
    Wow, what a queen. OK, I'm off the Arod idea altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by mdccclxix View Post
    Wow, what a queen. OK, I'm off the Arod idea altogether.
    You think ARod wants to live in Cincinnati?

I certainly don't think he does.

For the record I know it won't happen

But there are a lot of places far less desirable for A-Rod to go than Cincinnati. He's a competitive person by all accounts and we're sitting in a position to be competitive for a while. I think if we're winning, Rodriguez would put his head down and play. For all the talk of needing big lights to play, Seattle and Arlington aren't exactly the most glamorous places on earth either. Plus the Reds are a historic team. I think if A-Rod thought he could become a major part of a team's history, in ending one of the league's most historic team's long championship drought, he would probably jump at that.
    I don't see ARod as committed to winning, in fact, I see something very different.

He had a chance to be known as the greatest player ever, but instead, he focused on being the highest paid player ever, numerous times. He's all about ARod.

Hoping to change my username to 75769023

I would, because they have a fella named Allen Craig who has had a pretty good year.

On another note, I have never really considered A-Rod an attention seeking primadonna type. Just because he has taken max money to play baseball in his career and the landed him in NY, where all the media is, doesn't equate to him craving the attention. Tebow doesn't crave the media attention and he gets it all, especially in NY. He has a WAR of 2.2 this year and one of 3.8 while limited in 2011, I wouldn't say he is done yet, an OPS of .800+ could be doable.

ARod at 3rd and Frazier to left for 5 mil a season. I would do it, it is cheaper and probably more productive than what we just had in the two spots. Ludwick has had a WAR above 2.2 3 times in his career, and just last year it was 0.3.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

They have Adams coming up there to play 1B and Craig to spell him until he is ready. So I doubt that is happening.

And I hate even seeing Homer, Corcino, or Cingrani's names brought up in trade talks of this liking.

NO, NO, NO. And anyteam that takes him on, no matter how much money the evil empire throws at them are suckers.
    Where we gonna go?

Quote Originally Posted by crazybob60 View Post
    They have Adams coming up there to play 1B and Craig to spell him until he is ready. So I doubt that is happening.

And I hate even seeing Homer, Corcino, or Cingrani's names brought up in trade talks of this liking.
    The further thing I thought would happen was Craig to RF, Beltran to CF, but I didn't know about the prospect 1B.

Have you guys watched how terrible he's been? He's done. No bat speed, no foot quickness. Done.

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    Have you guys watched how terrible he's been? He's done. No bat speed, no foot quickness. Done.
    And yet in terms of OPS for the year, he still outproduced half of our lineup.

Also if A-Rod is a 'queen' for only wanting to play in a big market, does that make him a 'size queen'?
    Last edited by Tom Servo; 10-18-2012 at 06:35 PM.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    Broken hands will do that to you

(bat speed wise anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    A-Rod would be miserable in Cincy. He needs the bright lights of a big city. He has not one, but two paintings of himself as centaur in his house, one on the ceiling over his bed.
    Chad Johnson/Ochocinco/Johnson thrived in Cincinnati. In fact, he was just back in town for the past week despite the fact he hasn't played for the Bengals in years. "Prime Time" Neon Deion Sanders did well here too.

Besides, A-Rod also played in Arlington, Texas, hardly Gotham City.
    Last edited by Reds/Flyers Fan; 10-18-2012 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    And yet in terms of OPS for the year, he still outproduced half of our lineup.

Also if A-Rod is a 'queen' for only wanting to play in a big market, does that make him a 'size queen'?
    His OPS is trending downward, big time. It's likely to go even lower next year. And while GABP is a homer park... so is Yankee Stadium. So it's not like he'd see a monster boost in numbers thanks to the ballpark switch. ARod can't catch up to heat anymore. He can barely play defense anymore. He can't stay healthy anymore. And he's a horrible clubhouse guy, from all accounts. You think his stuff would play in that clubhouse? I can't see it.

Turn Off Ads?