Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A-Rod

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Re: A-Rod

Cincinnati isn't "Hollywood" enough for A-Rod.

His desires are more off the field than on (not that I can blame him )

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    Have you guys watched how terrible he's been? He's done. No bat speed, no foot quickness. Done.
    No PEDs....

Haunted by walks

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Cincinnati isn't "Hollywood" enough for A-Rod.

His desires are more off the field than on (not that I can blame him )
    Cincinnati's Hollywood enough for Charlie Sheen ... but that doesn't make it right.

Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com reports that the Marlins and Dodgers Alex Rodriguez "thus far seem far less than anxious to acquire."

Heyman was simply told "no" by a Dodgers source about their potential interest, while a Marlins source answered "BS. Not happening." He adds that the phone conversation between Marlins owner Jeffrey Loria and Yankees president Randy Levine that received some pub actually occurred back in April and was simply a "lighthearted bit of banter." It's certainly possible that talks between the Yanks and Marlins or Dodgers or other teams could occur sometime over the offseason, but there's no doubting that A-Rod's contract makes him very, very difficult to move.

per rotoworld
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

ARod with NYY footing the bill.

Hell yes.

I always thought he'd play better in a smaller market anyway. And I get that he's up there in age, but we'd get way more production than we got from Rolen over the past few years and everyone loved him.

For $5M a year for 2 years, I think I'd pull the trigger. His defense is questionable, but he still may be a 4 win player. Even if you get 2 decent years out of him, that wouldn't be bad.

Here would be my demands:

1. NY pays all of his contract. Every penny.
    2. NY provides enough PEDs to cover the remaining years of his contract.
    3. NY spreads enough money around to make sure he never fails another test.
    4. ARod agrees to never speak.

Not in a million years should ARod ever be a Red. He's been a cancer in every clubhouse he's been in. It's all about him and what he wants. He would tear apart the Reds in a very short time in some way,shape or form. Plus he's just not a very good player any longer. Since being off the juice he's aging like a normal human being does. The production is slowly but surely falling off a cliff. I believe the Yankees are stuck with him. The only way they get rid of him is to waive him and eat his contract.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    So did Barry Larkin

Neither will ever see time there again
    That's a good point. How much longer can he play 3B? What do you do with him then? The whole ARod thing revolves around the question of how well will he play from here on out? Mike Schmidt became a part time player at age 38 and retired at age 39. The Yankees were idiots to sign him through age 43. Unless he goes back on the juice, what is there to give any of you confidence that he'll produce in the next 5 yrs? I know one thing, I have no interest in the ARod I saw in the postseason. His bat was slow and he was basically a worthless player

I would not want any part of Arod being a Red even if the Yankees were giving him away for free. You want to erase all the progress this organization has made the last several years bring a clubhouse cancer like Arod in. It would set the organization back years and you would get very little production out of him.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    And he's a polarizing prima donna.

Good lord, the thought of him on this Reds team is impossible to fathom.

Yep.

Maybe we could talk the Kardashians into moving to Cincy too!!
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Are our boys so weak willed and gullible that if they brought ARod in it would destroy the team?

Isn't that exactly why Dusty is here?

I don't want any part of a non PED ARod because of performance. But its not like he would come to the team and start killing club house boys and corrupt Chapman. Chapman is corrupted all on his own.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I don't want him. He's big time on the decline.

Atleast Rolen still had the glove to go with declining offense. A-Roid is declining quickly in all facets of the game. And Rolen brought leadership and class. A-Roid brings controversy, arrogance, primadonna attitude, drama, and more drama. Other than his hot girlfriends possibly attending games at GABP, I see him bringing nothing to the table that we don't already have.

Just say no.

I'd rather have Youkilis than A-Rod.

I never say never. Plus everyone and I mean everyone thought Jeter was "done" also. I could imagine a big comeback year coming. I am not predicting one just saying I could imagine it.
    Let's play two!!!

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    I don't want him. He's big time on the decline.

Atleast Rolen still had the glove to go with declining offense. A-Roid is declining quickly in all facets of the game. And Rolen brought leadership and class. A-Roid brings controversy, arrogance, primadonna attitude, drama, and more drama. Other than his hot girlfriends possibly attending games at GABP, I see him bringing nothing to the table that we don't already have.

Just say no.

I'd rather have Youkilis than A-Rod.
    If you're not producing you're a drama queen, if you are you're a "competitor."

By all accounts the guy is a hard worker and hates losing. Apparently he was a big influence on one of our former own in Yonder Alonso.

He might be done and I can buy that no problem. But if the doctors think that hand will heal up completely and the scouts think he could hit when that happens, I don't think he would be a bad thing for the Reds.

And I'm sure it's been mentioned already, but Rolen himself was labeled a cancer in a couple cities before he came to Cincinnati and helped turn everything around.

Turn Off Ads?