Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: A-Rod

Re: A-Rod

ARod has been known as a drama queen even when even was an MVP, let's not sully the take on his game by saying it's recent, it's not.

Scott Rolen is a ballplayers player, his trouble was with managers, not teammates, not opponents, not the front office, managers.

Apples and oranges.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I realize the 2012 Yankees won their division and that Derek Jeter had an amazing year for a 38 year old shortstop. I still love, as a Yankee hater, the lineup the Yankees could have next season:
    C-Russell Martin, age 30 (ages are players' ages by end of June 2013)
    1B-Mark Teixeria, age 33
    2B-Robinson Cano, age 30
    SS-Jeter, age 39
    3B-A-Rod, age 37
    OF-Raul Ibanez, age 41
    OF-Curtis Granderson, age 32
    OF-Nick Swisher, age 32
    DH-Eric Chavez, age 35
    OF-Ichiro Suzuki, age 39

10 players who played a lot for the boys in pinstripes, and not a one under age 30. A left side of the infield with a 37 year old third baseman and a 39 year old shortstop.
    I hope A-Rod stays a Yankee.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    I realize the 2012 Yankees won their division and that Derek Jeter had an amazing year for a 38 year old shortstop. I still love, as a Yankee hater, the lineup the Yankees could have next season:
    C-Russell Martin, age 30 (ages are players' ages by end of June 2013)
    1B-Mark Teixeria, age 33
    2B-Robinson Cano, age 30
    SS-Jeter, age 39
    3B-A-Rod, age 37
    OF-Raul Ibanez, age 41
    OF-Curtis Granderson, age 32
    OF-Nick Swisher, age 32
    DH-Eric Chavez, age 35
    OF-Ichiro Suzuki, age 39

10 players who played a lot for the boys in pinstripes, and not a one under age 30. A left side of the infield with a 37 year old third baseman and a 39 year old shortstop.
    I hope A-Rod stays a Yankee.

Yankees were one of 5 teams without a player under 25 on their roster, the Reds had 9, the Reds will have 27 players under 30 on their roster when the season starts, the Yankees 14

Good article here on the questions facing the Yankees going into next year:

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...s-future-worse

Just curious where all the reports of A-Rod being a clubhouse cancer are coming from? I tend to tune out all media stories coming out of Boston and NY, so that likely explains why I don't recall reading such reports. I am sure they are out there, anyone have links to provide?
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    Just curious where all the reports of A-Rod being a clubhouse cancer are coming from? I tend to tune out all media stories coming out of Boston and NY, so that likely explains why I don't recall reading such reports. I am sure they are out there, anyone have links to provide?
    He has paintings of himself as a centaur hanging above his bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    I'm with you, I would like some evidence. I think he's more of a nuisance than a 'cancer'. Joe Torre in his book said harsh things about him being called 'A-Fraud' behind his back by other players but apparently this was exaggerated; Torre later said it was a playful thing Larry Bowa would say to Rodriguez's face (whether he was going to play well that night and be A-Rod, or play poorly and be A-Fraud). A-Rod had a great relationship with Lou Piniella from what I can tell. He apparently didn't get along with Buck Showalter in Texas but he would hardly be the first and Showalter "has refused to say a discouraging word since Rodriguez was traded to the Yankees, even though the Rangers improved 18 games the season after Rodriguez left".
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I'm with you, I would like some evidence. I think he's more of a nuisance than a 'cancer'. Joe Torre in his book said harsh things about him being called 'A-Fraud' behind his back by other players but apparently this was exaggerated; Torre later said it was a playful thing Larry Bowa would say to Rodriguez's face (whether he was going to play well that night and be A-Rod, or play poorly and be A-Fraud). A-Rod had a great relationship with Lou Piniella from what I can tell. He apparently didn't get along with Buck Showalter in Texas but he would hardly be the first and Showalter "has refused to say a discouraging word since Rodriguez was traded to the Yankees, even though the Rangers improved 18 games the season after Rodriguez left".
    He's probably less of a clubhouse cancer than he is a nuisance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?