Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ichiro

Ichiro

I would love to see the reds let Ludwick walk if he doesn't take a good offer and if he walks I say sign Ichiro for 2 years say 16 to 18 Million, then trade or release Stubbs with Leake, Mesoraco, Gregorious and Soto for G. Stanton. If they could pull that trade off I'd do backflips but it would probly need more. As for Ichiro he could be a stop gap for Hamilton and you wouldn't need to rush him. He would be perfect for the top of the lineup and with a smaller park he would hold up better at his age. and in year 2 of his contract he could be the 4th OF with a front loaded contract he would be a 5 to 6 mil bench player and would probly still start 80 to 100 games.

Let the kids play!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Ichiro

Quote Originally Posted by joe51391 View Post
    I would love to see the reds let Ludwick walk if he doesn't take a good offer and if he walks I say sign Ichiro for 2 years say 16 to 18 Million, then trade or release Stubbs with Leake, Mesoraco, Gregorious and Soto for G. Stanton. If they could pull that trade off I'd do backflips but it would probly need more. As for Ichiro he could be a stop gap for Hamilton and you wouldn't need to rush him. He would be perfect for the top of the lineup and with a smaller park he would hold up better at his age. and in year 2 of his contract he could be the 4th OF with a front loaded contract he would be a 5 to 6 mil bench player and would probly still start 80 to 100 games.
    With Stanton, Ichiro and Bruce you have 3 RF's. Try Stanton in Left and Ichiro in Center?? I assume that would be your idea?

5 dimes don't equal a dollar bill.

16-18 million seems way too much. Plus would Ichiro even want to play in Cincy?

That's dumb. Sign a guy for 16-18 million who is in the twilight of his career. I'm not saying he's a bad player. He definitely still has speed, defense, a good arm, got work ethics, and can probably still hit. But for that much money, I'd be better off signing Melky Cabrera,

Giancarlo Stanton in GABP for 81 games would be like a video game, but there isn't anything we can do to get their soon to be 23yo cheap slugger who hits a HR once every 14.2 AB unless we gave them Latos and Chapman and even then they would likely ask for a prospect.

16-18 over 2 years is what he will go for and yes Stanton in lf Ichiro in cf and bruce rf. If it took Chapman Leake Stubbs and Soto for Stanton I would do it in a heartbeat.

Let the kids play!

16-18 over 2 years is what he will go for
    He's been making 17 a year for the last 5 years, the last 2 of those years have seen him hit .277 with a .308 OBP. He looked good with NY but he will be 39 on Monday, Nobody is going to give him 32M over 2 years let alone 36 on the high side.

16-18 over 2 years is what he will go for and yes Stanton in lf Ichiro in cf and bruce rf. If it took Chapman Leake Stubbs and Soto for Stanton I would do it in a heartbeat.
    Only possibility of that if the Yankees way overpay for him, after all their contracts make no sense. If he goes to another team there is no way in hell he goes for anywhere near that.

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

My opinion of Ichiro coming to Cincinnati at this point in his career: to quote Ozzy Osbourne in War Pigs "Oh no, please God no."
    What if this is as good as it gets?

not 16-18 a year, over 2 years

Let the kids play!

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    16-18 million seems way too much. Plus would Ichiro even want to play in Cincy?
    and why he is certainly past his prime
    Bowled 12, 300 games, I'm BACK!!

Bowling a 300 game never gets old

Quote Originally Posted by RedTruck View Post
    That's dumb. Sign a guy for 16-18 million who is in the twilight of his career. I'm not saying he's a bad player. He definitely still has speed, defense, a good arm, got work ethics, and can probably still hit. But for that much money, I'd be better off signing Melky Cabrera,
    Not as dumb as assuming Miami would ever trade a young cheap all-star they have under control until 2017 for a few below average players

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

ESPN Radio said today Ichiro wwas a lock to be back with the Yanks. Otherwise, I like the idea.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Doubtful Ichiro would ever agree to come to Cincy. He's way too much a large media city type.

I mean Cleveland is about 5 hours away...

http://deadspin.com/267734/ichiro-do...leveland-rocks ...

Turn Off Ads?