Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Car rental question

Car rental question

Going to Arizona next week. Need a rental for 23-27th. There is a rental I can get from 23-28th for about $300. But from 23-27 is $500. Looking at Hotwire

Can I rent a car for the 23rd-28th, pay the $300, and just turn the car in early?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Car rental question

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Going to Arizona next week. Need a rental for 23-27th. There is a rental I can get from 23-28th for about $300. But from 23-27 is $500. Looking at Hotwire

Can I rent a car for the 23rd-28th, pay the $300, and just turn the car in early?

This might help. I would also suggest calling Hotwire and asking. They must have a customer service line.

http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?showtopic=95472

I talked to a guy on chat there. He had no clue.

I"m being charged the full amount immediately. I'm going to take a chance that turning it in early won't matter since it's paid in advance. We'll see.
    Last edited by JaxRed; 10-19-2012 at 07:48 AM.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

I"m being charged the full amount immediately. I'm going to take a chance that turning it in early won't matter since it's paid in advance. We'll see.
    Car companies have weekly rates and daily rates. The weekly rates kick in after 5 days. I think you'll be OK, but I'm curious so please tell us how it turns out.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

I don't see any problem with turning it in early. If they ask for anything else, refuse to pay it. Explain that it's their quirky policy that incentivized you to handle it this way. I seriously doubt it'll be a problem. Have a good trip...
    Last edited by Sea Ray; 10-19-2012 at 10:11 AM.

I'm back. So far no issues with the "turn in early" thing.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

I'm back. So far no issues with the "turn in early" thing.
    Great. Thanks for that tip.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Just as an FYI, and I realize I'm late, your best bet probably is to go to priceline and put in your own price. You can usually go quite a low and get a better deal, even with taxes and insurance.

I might try that....never had before....fear of unknown !!

I've always taken the longer rental and turned it in early. They're always fine with it. The daily rate is there for suckers.

Turn Off Ads?