Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Untouchables?

Untouchables?

As I look over the potential roster for next year, one question comes to mind. Are there any current players in the Reds Organization that are Untouchable or are never going to be traded? For me, the answer is no, everyone is on the table. Now, it is going to take a really sweet deal to pry away a top of the line player. But like they say in the Godfather "make an offer we can't refuse".

The closest thing to that Untouchable status in my estimation is Billy Hamilton. Because he has so much potential to change a game but more so because he is playing for cheap.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Untouchables?

I dont know if anyone is untouchable but im not of the opinion that billy hamilton is untouchable.

Probably Votto, phillips, cueto, latos, chapman. But like you said if someone comes with an off the wall offer then sure anything is up for discussion.

I would say Votto, Ceuto, and Latos. Anyone else could be had for the right deal.

As far as prospects? Hamilton, Corcino and Cingrani should (at least in my opinion) be untouchable. This is a club has building from the inside out and relies heavily on pitching.

Billy is already a beast...at least from a marketing perspective. There are only a handful of minor league guys who have gotten that amount of attention he has in recent years. And that list includes names like Harper and Trout. When you have a guy being talked about that much while your big league club is battling for the best record in baseball all season, you keep ahold of him.

Corcino and Cingrani are both great pitching talent that are young...this is exactly what you need a surplus of to build a team that competes year in and year out.

Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    As far as prospects? Hamilton, Corcino and Cingrani should (at least in my opinion) be untouchable. This is a club has building from the inside out and relies heavily on pitching.

Billy is already a beast...at least from a marketing perspective. There are only a handful of minor league guys who have gotten that amount of attention he has in recent years. And that list includes names like Harper and Trout. When you have a guy being talked about that much while your big league club is battling for the best record in baseball all season, you keep ahold of him.

Corcino and Cingrani are both great pitching talent that are young...this is exactly what you need a surplus of to build a team that competes year in and year out.
    I agree with this. Our top prospects should be guarded heavily and I would only trade them in a package of other top prospects to keep the organizational flow in tact.

For our guys already in the majors, unless the team just all of a sudden tanks they should only be had for big impact players right now.

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysawarrior View Post
    I would say Votto, Ceuto, and Latos. Anyone else could be had for the right deal.
    I would add Chapman and probably Phillips.

Prospects are never untouchable IMO.

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by swaisuc View Post
    I would add Chapman and probably Phillips.

Prospects are never untouchable IMO.
    I would not add Chapman. I think we only have 2 years left on his deal, so if we can get a great deal we should take it.
    What if this is as good as it gets?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain13 View Post
    I would not add Chapman. I think we only have 2 years left on his deal, so if we can get a great deal we should take it.
    agree as a starter he would be untouchable. as a reliever hes expendable.

I would keep Chapman as a closer...when you have someone who is one of the best in baseball at what he does, you don't change it. If it ain't broken...not t mention Chapman will be cheaper to extend as a strict closer.

And we already have a core of solid young starters with more in the system...no need to mess with Chapman. This formula is working.

after this choke and collapse i would hope there aren't too many untouchables. This team needs players who can deliver in the clutch

I believe there are untouchables - Votto, Latos, Chapman and for me, Phillips. I guess I might throw in Cueto as well. Those guys are the core of this team. It would have to be a heck of a deal to unload Bruce too.

My question is this: for those of you with the opinion that there are no untouchables, what is a good enough deal to part ways with the players most would describe as the core of this team moving forward?

Votto & Ceuto and maybe Chapman

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

I don't think they have an "untouchable" guy. Closest things to it would be Chapman, Cueto, Latos.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysawarrior View Post
    I would say Votto, Cueto, and Latos. Anyone else could be had for the right deal.
    this plus Phillips. Anyone else on the MLB roster can be dealt.

Prospect wise - I agree that Hamilton, Corcino, Cingrani...

Drew Stubbs. Oh, my bad. I thought it the thread title read "Untradeables".

Turn Off Ads?