Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Dave Grohl returns to Queens of the Stone Age

Dave Grohl returns to Queens of the Stone Age

As a drummer, and a huge fan of QOTSA as well as Dave Grohl; this is like Christmas morning for me. Joey Castillo was an okay drummer but there's no comparison between he and Dave Grohl.

I'm beyond excited to hear the upcoming album, and hopefully Grohl tours with them as well. I'll be willing to shell out major money and burn up lots of work vacation, lol.

http://www.antiquiet.com/news/2012/1...the-stone-age/
    Queens Of The Stone Age have a new drummer. It’s sort of their old drummer. You might recognize him. His name is Dave Grohl.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Dave Grohl returns to Queens of the Stone Age

One thing I'll say about Dave Grohl is that he really stepped up his drumming since Nirvana. Don't get me wrong--he was good with Nirvana--but I feel like he has come a long way since then.

Most important news I heard all Election Day...

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Dude has some talent.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Don't really care about the Foo Fighters (cant really stand them to be honest), but Grohl is a ridiculously talented drummer and was on Songs for the Deaf, their best record.

I think I read this new record is basically already written, but this is still pretty cool.

Thought Queens of the stone age broke up ? I know Josh homme and Dave were working on a new Them crooked vultures project with John Paul Jones ? Im pretty mehhh on queens of the stone age and the foo fighters dont interst .me at all

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    One thing I'll say about Dave Grohl is that he really stepped up his drumming since Nirvana. Don't get me wrong--he was good with Nirvana--but I feel like he has come a long way since then.
    He was always as good as he is now, but Kurt Cobain pretty much commanded him to play his parts as simply as possible.

If you check out some of his stuff prior to Nirvana (ie. Scream, Dain Bramage) or even directly after Nirvana (the first two Foo Fighters albums featured Dave doing the drumming in addition to singing/guitarist duties) the difference is pretty significant.

With Dave there is always a "solid" feel to his parts, but his performances in Nirvana were much simpler.

Quote Originally Posted by cinredsfan2000 View Post
    Thought Queens of the stone age broke up ? I know Josh homme and Dave were working on a new Them crooked vultures project with John Paul Jones ? Im pretty mehhh on queens of the stone age and the foo fighters dont interst .me at all
    QOTSA were never broken up, and probably never will if I had to guess. Josh Homme is the only musicians who's been in the band since it's beginning (it's basically his show) so as long as he wants there to be QOTSA, there will be.

Them Crooked Vultures were a side project. I'd love to see them put out another album as well some day.

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    He was always as good as he is now, but Kurt Cobain pretty much commanded him to play his parts as simply as possible.

If you check out some of his stuff prior to Nirvana (ie. Scream, Dain Bramage) or even directly after Nirvana (the first two Foo Fighters albums featured Dave doing the drumming in addition to singing/guitarist duties) the difference is pretty significant.

With Dave there is always a "solid" feel to his parts, but his performances in Nirvana were much simpler.
    Commanded sounds pretty rough. I don't think Dave would be known were it not for Nirvana.

All said, love Dave and Foo and QOTSA is alright. It's cool to see Dave continue to make music in so many different ways with a variety of people.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

I'm not the biggest fan of QOTSA either, but I can't say no to more Dave Grohl.

What's not to like about QotSA?

Turn Off Ads?