Turn Off Ads?

Thread: The offseason Begins

The offseason Begins

Chris Young (the Outfielder) to the A's. Heath Bell and Cash to the D-Backs. Minor Leaguer Yordy Cabrera to the Marlins.

One CF off the list.
    Last edited by mth123; 10-20-2012 at 04:38 PM.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The offseason Begins

I thought trades before the World Series ended were frowned upon.
    Last edited by marcshoe; 10-20-2012 at 05:20 PM.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/
    D'Backs Acquire Heath Bell In Three-Team Deal
    By Zach Links [October 20 at 3:19pm CST]
    The Diamondbacks announced that they have acquired Heath Bell, infielder Cliff Pennington, and cash considerations from the Marlins in a three-team deal with the Athletics. Miami will receive minor league infielder Yordy Cabrera from the A's and Oakland will get outfielder Chris Young and cash from Arizona.

Coco Crisp anyone? With Young in Oakland they may want to get rid of him. I think he has a couple years left on a 3 year deal?
    "Losing feels worse than winning feels good." -Vin Scully

Quote Originally Posted by DGullett35 View Post
    Coco Crisp anyone? With Young in Oakland they may want to get rid of him. I think he has a couple years left on a 3 year deal?
    Not a huge Crisp fan, but the last couple of years he's been much better hitting Lefty vs. RHP. He'd be a decent target to platoon with Stubbs or Heisey if the A's would take some money off the Reds hands (Masset?) in addition to a prospect or two. David Vidal and Nick Masset for Coco Crisp?

I'd rather have Gerardo Parra. Wonder if this deal means he's off the market.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Coco Crisp anyone?
    Perfect bridge to BHam. He's on a one-year deal with a 2nd year team option. Hit well last year from the left side. Somewhat pricey, but there is some money coming off the books. Coco still runs well and patrols CF nicely. His arm may be short, though.

Switch hitter, like Hamilton. Competes hard, good teammate. Could be a great tutor for the youngster.

Acquire Crisp and Eric Young, Jr. Two switch hitters who play CF and make contact. Crisp hits righties mostly, Young does his best hitting v. lefties.

Do this and add lots of contact to the offense, good speed, and Reds could then shed both Heisey and Stubbs.

This would dramatically reduce strikeouts, increase contact. Crisp would provide good defense, maybe Young too (arguable).

Re-sign Ludwick, swap out Cairo/Valdez for better offensive reserve infielders, and overall the offense would be much better IMO.

Young and XMan as the reserve outfielders. Two new reserve infielders. Assuming no Rolen, with Frazier starting at third.
    Last edited by Kc61; 10-20-2012 at 06:56 PM.

Yeah unfortunately I think this means Parra is no longer available. Arizona would then presumably have Kubel, Parra, and Upton in their outfield though, which could make one of their OF prospects Adam Eaton or A.J. Pollock potentially available.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

I always liked Yordy Cabrera. I lamented when he was drafted a couple spots before the Reds ended up with Ryan LaMarre in the 2010 2nd round. I thought he could've been the 4th of the killer Ys along with Yonder, Yasmani and Yorman.

I still like Justin Upton. Hope this doesn't mean he's off the market.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Acquire Crisp and Eric Young, Jr. Two switch hitters who play CF and make contact. Crisp hits righties mostly, Young does his best hitting v. lefties.

Do this and add lots of contact to the offense, good speed, and Reds could then shed both Heisey and Stubbs.

This would dramatically reduce strikeouts, increase contact. Crisp would provide good defense, maybe Young too (arguable).

Re-sign Ludwick, swap out Cairo/Valdez for better offensive reserve infielders, and overall the offense would be much better IMO.

Young and XMan as the reserve outfielders. Two new reserve infielders. Assuming no Rolen, with Frazier starting at third.
    I could go for that plan. Young can play 2B as well. I'd give him that Cairo spot and keep Heisey as a 4th OF/RHPH. Wonder if Young could play 3B. A bench of Young, Heisey, Paul, Mesoraco and maybe Gregorious would be much better than this season's bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post

I could go for that
    Go BLUE!!!

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Yeah unfortunately I think this means Parra is no longer available. Arizona would then presumably have Kubel, Parra, and Upton in their outfield though, which could make one of their OF prospects Adam Eaton or A.J. Pollock potentially available.
    I read somewhere that they want Eaton to play CF next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    I read somewhere that they want Eaton to play CF next year.
    Me too and that Pollock is still in their plans too. I still think Parra may be available, but it may require an OF, say Heisey, going the other way along with other stuff. I wouldn't have a problem with that. Adding Pennington probably makes it less likely that the D-Backs would be as anxious to get Didi, but I'd guess they'd still have interest.

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Chris Young (the Outfielder) to the A's. Heath Bell and Cash to the D-Backs. Minor Leaguer Yordy Cabrera to the Marlins.

One CF off the list.
    Hopefully he was never on it.

MLBTR saying Yanks likely to make a $13M qualifying offer to Nick Swisher, but don't really expect him to take it. Pretty mucb takes him off the Reds offseason plate (if he was ever even on it), unless it were to really hold his price down and Walt decided it was worth losing the pick.
    Last edited by corkedbat; 10-20-2012 at 08:13 PM.

Turn Off Ads?