Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: As a Non-NFL Lover, why do the Bengals suck so much?

Re: As a Non-NFL Lover, why do the Bengals suck so much?

The bengals aren't moving anytime soon no matter who the owner is. They got one of the sweetest stadium deals in the NFL.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Obviously a new owner wouldn't mean they'd definitely move, it just brings it into play. Regardless, it's not like Mike Brown is going to sell the team anyway. Cincinnati fans are overly dramatic in so many ways, the team used to be terrible then went all in with Carson. Mike didn't blow up Carson's knee or screw up his elbow, football did. Now we've rebuilt again and the future actually looks good. I think Mike has drafted well, made some really good coach signings, and I think he handled the Carson situation perfectly. Over the last 4 years or so you could argue that he's been among the best executives in football. How many teams are getting as much out of their drafts as we are?

But if you guys wanna root for losses until something that will never happen happens, then have fun with that I guess.

And please tell me you're not counting the Cyclones lol.
    Defending Mike Brown?

No offense, but I've been a Bengal fan for almost 40 years, I'll never argue that Mike Brown is the best in anything other than making money

I wish they would move. Probably the only way I could quit them.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I wish they would move. Probably the only way I could quit them.
    Quoted for truth. I wish I could not root for them, but I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for these knuckleheads.
    Witty signature.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Defending Mike Brown?

No offense, but I've been a Bengal fan for almost 40 years, I'll never argue that Mike Brown is the best in anything other than making money
    I'm not defending anyone, just stating the obvious. I'll never say he's a great owner because he's obviously not, but in his GM role he's been really really good as of late. If decades of hatred blind people to the obvious then I don't really know what there is to even discuss.

I'm not defending anyone, just stating the obvious. I'll never say he's a great owner because he's obviously not, but in his GM role he's been really really good as of late. If decades of hatred blind people to the obvious then I don't really know what there is to even discuss.
    I don't think you understand the definition of "defend". That's okay, though--I don't think Mike Brown does either.
    It took Mike Brown over 15 years to produce a winning team. They were literally the worst team in the NFL over that time. It wasn't until the stadium deal--which legally bound the Bengals to be competitive--that the Bengals started to put together teams that weren't futile.
    Over the last 4 years or so you could argue that he's been among the best executives in football. How many teams are getting as much out of their drafts as we are?
    Probably more than half of them since the Bengals have a losing record over that time.

but in his GM role he's been really really good as of late.
    I really can't believe I read the words above. Mike Brown has only been really really good at screwing the people of the Cincinnati area.

Yes, he's lucked into a few good drafts picks, but that's more of a blind squirrel finding a nut, yada yada yada. And the Carson deal, there's not a chance in the world that happens if the Jason Campbell didn't get hurt forcing their hand. I'm tickled to death how it turned out in the end, but the Raiders were the only team dumb enough to make an offer that even the obtuse, stubborn, and ignorant Mike Brown couldn't turn down.

I'm not even going to start into why, in my opinion, he isn't a really really good GM. It'd take me years to complete.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    I really can't believe I read the words above. Mike Brown has only been really really good at screwing the people of the Cincinnati area.

Yes, he's lucked into a few good drafts picks, but that's more of a blind squirrel finding a nut, yada yada yada. And the Carson deal, there's not a chance in the world that happens if the Jason Campbell didn't get hurt forcing their hand. I'm tickled to death how it turned out in the end, but the Raiders were the only team dumb enough to make an offer that even the obtuse, stubborn, and ignorant Mike Brown couldn't turn down.

I'm not even going to start into why, in my opinion, he isn't a really really good GM. It'd take me years to complete.
    Just look up and down our roster at the impact players we have, most are dudes we drafted. You can luck into a few, you can't luck into a few years straight. Whatever it is that changed (I honestly don't know) has been for the better. We sent our 1st and 2nd round draft picks to the Pro Bowl last year...that's an incredible accomplishment imo.

QB's go down every year, there were a lot of people that said at the beginning of the year Mike Brown would be smart to hang onto Carson and wait for someone to get desperate rather than dump him off for nothing. I'm not gonna pretend that Mike's hardheadedness didn't play a factor in hanging onto him for as long as he did, but waiting on that desperate team was a massive boost for this franchise.

I know he's been bad a lot more than he's been good, but in the GM role Mike Brown has been really good of late. I can't explain it but something had to have changed. Whether it's Marvin getting more of a say on personnel or someone else...idk.

Schnickelfritz

Why?

If the team were over sold it could leave our city with only one professional sports team.
    And..?

Schnickelfritz

And please tell me you're not counting the Cyclones lol.
    They are a professional team. Minor league, yes, but professional.

And they have two more championships than the team you're defending.

Quote Originally Posted by BurgervilleBuck View Post
    And..?
    If it doesn't bother you then you're not a fan to begin with?

Quote Originally Posted by BurgervilleBuck View Post
    They are a professional team. Minor league, yes, but professional.

And they have two more championships than the team you're defending.
    I realize we have a good minor league hockey team. There's no need to nitpick and derail the thread. When talking about cities and their professional sports teams most people count the big four, and we have two out of four.

I know he's been bad a lot more than he's been good, but in the GM role Mike Brown has been really good of late. I can't explain it but something had to have changed. Whether it's Marvin getting more of a say on personnel or someone else...idk.
    Bottom line is zero playoff wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Bottom line is zero playoff wins.
    I agree that sucks. Neither of our two teams have been able to get over that hump, even though both the Reds and Bengals have shown the ability to get there.

I think if they can keep giving themselves chances we'll eventually make a postseason run. Despite all the doom and gloomer Cincinnati fans, we have two young talented sports teams to root for. For as bad as things were for a really long time, I like where we're at now.

The Reds are fine, I don't see the Bengals as having made any real improvements since about 2003. They've been an average NFL team since then, and I see no reason to believe they will take another step forward under Mike Brown.

The bengals have gone from putrid to meh...

Hooray, I guess?

I just pray Katie has learned what not to do from watching her old man suck so badly these past decades...

Turn Off Ads?