Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: At least the Cards lost

At least the Cards lost

I know the "post-season scoreboard watching..." thread might already have covered some of this sentiment. But I just wanted to put it out there.

That is all.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: At least the Cards lost

I get no joy out of it.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

The off season just got better.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Anybody else following the hilarious Baseball's Best Fans account on Twitter? https://mobile.twitter.com/BestFansStLouis

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I get no joy out of it.
    No joy. Just less pain.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Anybody else following the hilarious Baseball's Best Fans account on Twitter? https://mobile.twitter.com/BestFansStLouis
    Wow...homophobia run rampant.

Wow. Quite the homophobe fest.

It's almost like they forgot they shouldn't have even been in the playoffs.
    Is it "next season" yet?

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    No joy. Just less pain.
    This. I think it would be sour grapes to root against the Giants. But to root for your division rival not to win? That's baseball.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    This. I think it would be sour grapes to root against the Giants. But to root for your division rival not to win? That's sports.
    Fixed that for you. I feel the same way in football, I always cheer for the AFC team in the Super Bowl unless its Denver, KC, NE (I usually just hope for great commercials). Just can't bring myself to cheer for any of them for a wide range of reasons.

I likewise feel the pain lessen knowing that I won't have to put up with the sports world slobbering all over St Louis as they "do it again". I'll likely watch at least some of the series as I don't have any real problems with either Detroit or San Fran because the hurt was self inflicted as we failed so many times vs San Fran. Cardiac Kids is usually a pretty good storyline in sports and we'll see if the "underdog" who has "perceivered" through so much this post season has a play on the national stage and boosts ratings higher than what SF vs Det normally would carry.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Justice served in SF last night

I find baseball's new playoff format a little hard to take. Consider the Cardinals won the world series last year when they finished 5 or 6 games behind Milwaukee. Add to that the fact they were within a game of going back there when they finished 9 games behind the Reds would have been tough to watch.

Baseball is like no other game. You have 162 games to state your case. The Cards didn't get it done during the season. In fact, fell far short. I know most people probably favor the wild card stuff. Maybe it's a good thing. But adding a 2nd wild card was over the top, in my opinion. Having the 5th best team in the NL almost make the world series should open some eyes.
    Last edited by Redlegs; 10-23-2012 at 06:37 AM.
    As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

Wow

Anytime the Cardinals lose I feel a sense of relief.
    Where we gonna go?

Ah, Chris Carpenter. You never disappoint.

Cain exacted some revenge on Holliday as well, burying a fastball into his back in the top of the sixth inning, vengeance for his hard takeout slide at second base on eventual NLCS MVP Marco Scutaro in Game 2. Cardinals starter Chris Carpenter screamed from the dugout: This was not the time, the place, for payback. The Giants begged to differ.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/cardina...-23060809.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Chicago View Post
    Wow
    I just want to make it clear that I find it funny for the irony associated with it, and not that I find these peoples' actual tweets as humorous...

Turn Off Ads?