Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 61 to 66 of 66

Thread: At least the Cards lost

  1. #61
    No half measures, Walter RedEye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    8,447

    Re: At least the Cards lost

    "The amount of butt hurt in this forum right now is on comedic levels."
    Butt hurt? Maybe I was born under a rock, but I'm missing the reference here.
    "Iíll kind of have a foot on the back of my own butt. Thatís just how I do things.Ē -- Bryan Price, 10/22/2013

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #62
    Member Tom Servo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,868

    Re: At least the Cards lost

    It's an internet expression that means to get all bent out of shape.


    The thing I never understood about Mike's rant is that while we were obviously raging a bit towards the Cardinals, nobody actually used the term cheater or stated outright that they were cheating (other than a link to Chris Perez saying they used some pine tar). Guilty conscience, maybe?
    Last edited by Tom Servo; 10-24-2012 at 06:18 PM.
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

  4. #63
    Member Reds/Flyers Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Cincinnati USA
    Posts
    3,384

    Re: At least the Cards lost

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    It's an internet expression that means to get all bent out of shape.


    The thing I never understood about Mike's rant is that while we were obviously raging a bit towards the Cardinals, nobody actually used the term cheater or stated outright that they were cheating (other than a link to Chris Perez saying they used some pine tar). Guilty conscience, maybe?
    If anything, the Cardinals were cheating the system and devaluing the time-tested regular season by playing the "finish in second place, win the wild card and get hot at the right time" card again.

    They were the second wild card (in its first year of existence, no less) who finished a distant 9 games out of first place and they were anything but a cute underdog, ala the 2010 Reds.

    If there are such things as baseball gods, I imagine they were getting quite tired of the Cardinals too.

  5. #64
    Member CrackerJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    5,012

    Re: At least the Cards lost

    Hoping the Cards' demise also means the demise of the tired, unfunny Chris Carpenter's son jokes.

    I won't hold my breath with lame sports talk hosts like McAlister in this town who continue to think its clever or funny, it's as tired as his show/schtick.

  6. #65
    Member Reds/Flyers Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Cincinnati USA
    Posts
    3,384

    Re: At least the Cards lost

    Quote Originally Posted by CrackerJack View Post
    Hoping the Cards' demise also means the demise of the tired, unfunny Chris Carpenter's son jokes.

    I won't hold my breath with lame sports talk hosts like McAlister in this town who continue to think its clever or funny, it's as tired as his show/schtick.
    Carpenter brings those reactions on himself. His idiotic reaction to the Holliday HBP is just the latest in a long line of examples. Wasn't it he who blamed a loss in Milwaukee last year on the hotel room service? And didn't he blame the second of back-to-back HRs he gave up at GABP to firework smoke from the first HR?

    Chris Carpenter jokes won't get old as long as he wears that ugly uniform.

  7. #66
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,188

    Re: At least the Cards lost

    Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan View Post
    Carpenter brings those reactions on himself. His idiotic reaction to the Holliday HBP is just the latest in a long line of examples. Wasn't it he who blamed a loss in Milwaukee last year on the hotel room service? And didn't he blame the second of back-to-back HRs he gave up at GABP to firework smoke from the first HR?

    Chris Carpenter jokes won't get old as long as he wears that ugly uniform.
    If I could I would rep you for this and rep again asap! 100% agreement.
    Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    Barmaid to patron "Sir you are slurring, I am going to have to cut you off"

    Patron to barmaid "I'm not slurring, I'm speaking in cursive"



Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25