Or Bon Scott?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: At least the Cards lost

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    It's locker room talk, not sensitivity training. Being politically correct is not a prerequisite in every venue
    I hate PC garbage as well, but that wasn't locker room talk, or just Un-PC. That was disgusting, vile and hateful. The N word was used several times. I've been in plenty of locker rooms, and heard lots of locker room talk. never heard any talk like that, ever.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Cheekily Non-Conformist CarolinaRedleg's Avatar

Think an entire offseason is enough time to adequately explain things to his son?

It's the equivalent of locker room talk, indeed
    I don't see how making comments in a public forum is anything remotely like locker room talk, where there is an expectation of privacy.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    So, Mr. Carpenter, it was the time and place for Holliday to take out Scutaro? Please provide chapter and verse of "Baseball the Cardinals (and Right) Way: How we invented the game as we know it" that provides to the baseball world the time and place for proper retaliation. I bet its on the same page as the "Aaron Harang--Headhunter and Public Enemy" illustration.
    Game 8?
    February 30th?
    13 O'Clock?
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    I don't see how making comments in a public forum is anything remotely like locker room talk, where there is an expectation of privacy.
    Most sports public forums are not like RZ. It's very much like a locker room and there's no political correctness

What locker rooms are these?

Most sports public forums are not like RZ. It's very much like a locker room and there's no political correctness
    For starters, I really don't see where locker rooms are excluded from making hateful, bigoted or racist comments. But let's set that aside for a second...

When you make comments in a group of people, you're limited to only that group of people hearing the comments. When you make comments on a forum or on a social media site that is not protected, you literally are making comments that anyone in the world can see. It's not remotely the same.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

At least the Cards lost so we could debate the merits of hate speech (something that I thought had no merits but evidently I was wrong)

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

And it may be time to remind us all of what MikeThiery advised us as we going into the off season:

"The amount of butt hurt in this forum right now is on comedic levels. Taking your anger out on the Cards for pulling out a victory while your team FAILED to just win one game at home makes some of you look like sore losers. Accusing the Cardinals of cheating and it contributing to their wins makes some of you look low class. Have fun brooding in the off season. " MikeThiery

It looks like we will have at least have company brooding in the offseason.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Every day the Cardinals lose is a good day.

Yesterday was a good day.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

It would have been hard to see them go to 2 straight World Series.

I haven't checked the box scores to verify my eye test...but could it be that Holliday's "slide" worked as a reverse squirrel rally this postseason? How many runs were scored by SF and STL after that incident?

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

I've grown tired of the rivalry with the Cards.

Can we spend next season hating the Giants, instead? It'd be nice to face a bitter rival ~6 times a year, instead of 6 times a month.
    /r/reds

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    For starters, I really don't see where locker rooms are excluded from making hateful, bigoted or racist comments. But let's set that aside for a second...

When you make comments in a group of people, you're limited to only that group of people hearing the comments. When you make comments on a forum or on a social media site that is not protected, you literally are making comments that anyone in the world can see. It's not remotely the same.
    I agree there's a lot of differences but the language used is not one of them. If there's no moderation in a site, expect the speech to be locker room quality. It didn't surprise me at all, nor was it anything I hadn't been exposed to before
    Last edited by Sea Ray; 10-23-2012 at 02:46 PM.

Turn Off Ads?