Am I the only one who thinks Baseball needs to hire an agency or a firm to market our players better? Maybe the MLBPA has something to do with how much access MLB has to their players and what all they can do but MLB's players are not marketed hardly at all.....SO many wives and girlfriends have no idea who is who outside of the playboy rich players that make the New York newspapers.......

Baseball is losing popularity almost each and every year as far as ratings go....now, last years World Series was a success so I cannot use that as an example but this years playoffs so far have been a wash.....

I was talking with a group of young guys and girls at a political rally a few months ago and the topic of Baseball came up and what can be done to modernize it with todays youth and women.....the PS3 and xbox games for Baseball is not as popular as Madden is with football so that really does not do a whole lot and fantasy Baseball is not as exciting as fantasy football as it takes a whole season to play Fantasy Baseball....interest quickly decliines after the first month....so what else can we do was the topic amoungst my group at my table of about 12 people.

The ladies talked about how gorgeous Joey Votto, Drew Stubbs, Josh Hamilton, Derek Jeter, Arod, Braun, Reddick, Kemp and tons of others they discussed.....Us men of course ignored that fact and moved on to what other ways they can market these players and make them more personable to the average fan who is not a diehard stat junkie.....NFL players are constantly in commercials and are always being marketed to the fan......

Do you guys even agree that MLB needs to market its players to let the casual fan see these guys more than just on the field for 162 games/year? and if you do agree, what are some opinions on what can be done? I think its obvious what the women want and I dont disagree, if that will make them watch more baseball then by all means lets throw every Bryce Harper and Mike Trout young buck out there for the women to drool over.....but what can be done for the men of the world who could care less how Votto looks in a pair of Levis? This game needs to grow in popularity and it starts with marketing.