Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Bengals Assets

Bengals Assets

Wasn't sure whether to merge this into the Bengals discussion thread but since a part of it is historical I thought I'd start a new one. Similar to the Reds Top Assets thread, how would you currently rate the Bengals best assets? I think of trade value as a guide, but use whatever logic you want.

Best Bengal Assets Currently

1. AJ Green
    2. Geno Atkins
    3. Andy Dalton
    4. Vontaze Burfict (this is where I think he will be by the end of this season)
    5. Andre Smith
    6. Kevin Zeitler
    7. Andrew Whitworth
    8. Dre Kirkpatrick
    9. Leon Hall
    10. Carlos Dunlap
    11. Domata Peko
    12. Clint Boling
    13. Kyle Cook
    14. Jermaine Gresham (I am very down on him, despite his draft status and "tools" he is a league average TE)
    15. Baby Hawk

Everyone else strikes me as a replacement level/league average starter at best.

In a different vein, this made me reflect on where some of the best Bengals rank among those of the last 20 years (since the Dave Shula era began).

Top 15 Bengals of the last 20 Years

1. AJ Green RIGHT NOW
    2. Chad Johnson 2004-2007
    3. Corey Dillon 1997-2002
    4. Carson Palmer 2005-2007
    5. Geno Atkins RIGHT NOW
    6. Carl Pickens 1994-1996
    7. Willie Anderson 1997-2006
    8. Rudi Johnson 2003-2007
    9. Odell Thurman 2005
    10. TJ Houshmandzadeh 2004-2007
    11. Takeo Spikes 1998-2002
    12. Levi Jones 2002-2007
    13. Andy Dalton RIGHT NOW
    14. Andrew Whitworth 2007-2011
    15. Jonathan Joseph 2007-2010

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Benihana; 10-23-2012 at 03:20 PM.
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bengals Assets

I'd have Willie Anderson higher in the last 20 years. He was as good as a tackle can be for a long time.

Now if they only had a holocaust cloak.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    I'd have Willie Anderson higher in the last 20 years. He was as good as a tackle can be for a long time.
    Agree, Willie Anderson will get HOF consideration, he won't get in, but if he had been a Steeler or Raven for the bulk of his career he would be a Hall of Famer.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Rich Braham has to be on one of those lists somewhere, IMO.

Why hasn't anyone mentioned Brad St. Louis?

Going forward who do you lock up long term: I would probably offer extensions to Atkins, Green, Burfict, and Andre Smith. I would think the Bengals may have to decide between Johnson and Dunlap, but they do have cap room. I would pass on Rey and Gresham moving forward both of these players drive the coaching staff and fans crazy.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Turn Off Ads?