Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bryan Price on the move?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Bryan Price on the move?

Quote Originally Posted by @MisterRedlegs
    Uh-oh, #Reds pitching coach Bryan Price in the running for Marlins managerial opening, per @JoeFrisaro.
    https://twitter.com/MisterRedlegs/st...51989909868544

@JoeFrisaro is Miami Marlins site reporter for MLB.com

Re: Bryan Price on the move?

Mister Redlegs has a twitter account? Sweet.

If I was them I would hire Jose Oquendo from the Cardinals. He played or coached under 3 HOF managers and has managed the Puerto Rico in the last two WBC and is a stickler for fundamentals. He has a good pedigree, has worked with young players for a long time, pushes fundamental play and is Latin so he would fit into the Miami scene.

He seems like the perfect guy for the job.

I honestly don't think it would be a bad thing for the Reds if that happened. I have always been a big fan of Ted Powers who as been with the AAA team for as long as I can remember or possibly someone like Tom Browning would be a good option as well.
    Check Out My Blog at roundinthirdandheadedforhome.mlblogs.com

I don't think that organization is smart enough to hire Price.

I wouldn't want to lose Price, he's done a lot for the young staff, especially Bailey as of late.

Quote Originally Posted by jhiller21 View Post
    I wouldn't want to lose Price, he's done a lot for the young staff, especially Bailey as of late.
    I am more under the impression that Bailey being teamed with Hanigan,the last 6+ weeks, had more to do with Bailey being able to 'dial' it in/

Quote Originally Posted by Tuff Nut View Post
    I am more under the impression that Bailey being teamed with Hanigan,the last 6+ weeks, had more to do with Bailey being able to 'dial' it in/
    I agree, Mes hasn't done a lot for Bailey's development this year. But Price has been working with him for a while now as well. It can't be hurting.

That is very true

Bowa became the second person interviewed for the job this week, a person familiar with the search said Friday. The person confirmed the discussions to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the Marlins aren't commenting.
    Cincinnati Reds pitching Bryan Price was interviewed Friday, the person said. A third candidate is former major league catcher Mike Redmond, who interviewed Wednesday.
    Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz2AWlEbl3O

With that franchise's history, I wouldn't want to manage them. The history of that ownership group doesn't exactly scream "trustworthy". But, I guess he could be trying to take advantage while his value is at it's peak with how the pitching staff performed this season

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyInTheBank View Post
    With that franchise's history, I wouldn't want to manage them. The history of that ownership group doesn't exactly scream "trustworthy". But, I guess he could be trying to take advantage while his value is at it's peak with how the pitching staff performed this season
    I don't think he can pass the opportunity up. Every pitcher going well over their career highest innings total and pitching in GABP with no injuries last year to starters?.....that stuff can't all be assumed for upcoming years.

I like him but he needs to pounce if given the opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    I don't think he can pass the opportunity up. Every pitcher going well over their career highest innings total and pitching in GABP with no injuries last year to starters?.....that stuff can't all be assumed for upcoming years.

I like him but he needs to pounce if given the opportunity.
    That's my point. The only reason he would be going would be to cash in while his value is highest. However, if he is looking for stability or a long-term gig, I would look elsewhere. This is the owner who was behind the Expos debacle, reduced payroll to $14M to fund a new ballpark and fired the manager of the year for that team. I would wish him the best if he were to leave but I wouldn't make that same decision.

As far as Price goes, I'm not so worried about guys like Cueto, he seems to just get it. Although I'm interested in who suggested he change his windup, it seems to have done a lot of good.

He would be given a real chance IMO because he wouldn't do anything stupid like support Castro.

Turn Off Ads?