Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Redsfest

Re: Redsfest

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    5'4", dark hair, medium length, wearing a red, black and white ski sweater and faded blue jeans, and mirrored shades.
    Is that you, or are you describing doug?

(I get the mirrored shades, but ski sweaters for guys is, like, ten minutes ago, doug.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Is that you, or are you describing doug?

(I get the mirrored shades, but ski sweaters for guys is, like, ten minutes ago, doug.
    I think Doug's a little taller?
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I think Doug's a little taller?
    Yeah, I am a tad taller lol.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Hey Heather! I just spied something in this photo... is Mr. Leake "off the market"? Looks like a wedding ring on his left hand.
    I wasn't even paying attention but you might be right! Sure looks like a wedding band there. I know he wasn't married at last year's Redsfest. Wish I had noticed it because I totally would have asked him about it (his line wasn't too long when we were in it so a brief conversation could have been had at the time). Congrats to him if it's true!

Yep... then I came back for a snippet of Oester's interview in which he and his father in 1973 saw Johnny Bench walking on the street in a full length fur coat! Unfortunately, no pics were taken.
    Haha! I heard part of that too! That was hilarious.

I ended up getting distracted by some random stuff this afternoon and wasn't able to go through my pics like I originally planned but I will definitely try to post some of them tomorrow night.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

OK, this is it! Below are links to the other pictures (posted on one of my blogs):
    Thanks for posting all that stuff Kitty.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

My 9 yo son and I went both days. I think he was a bit overwhelmed (and he's been before). He actually said to me on Saturday "there's nothing to do" in a frustrated tone but he actually meant there is too much to do and he couldn't make up his mind.

He ended up with 3 autographs (Mesoraco, Hoover, Arroyo). Friday night we watched the Cincinnati Zoo's Animal show and Drew Stubbs' reading of The Curse of the Big Bambino.

Here's a cool pic of our radio show interviewing Mat Latos, and Sam LeCure jumps on stage to interject about crazy things that go on in the clubhouse.
    "The Redlegs Radio Report," on every Sat. 9 a.m. (CST) all season long!
    Listen on ESPN 1450 AM Bowling Green, KY. or www.espn1450.net SOKY's only Reds Radio affiliate.
    @redlegsradiorep

Had a great time. Ended up with 26 autographs altogether on both days combined. Which is pretty good since I didn't have any of the VIP passes or anything. Just about being in the right place at the right time.

On a random Reds poster that I have, I got: Chris Heisey, Nick Masset, Tommy Helms, Todd Redmond, Tony Cingrani, and Ted Power.

On a multi-signed ball, I got Tom Browning for a friend.

And then on the ROMLB on the sweet spots, I got: Johnny Cueto (only one that didn't sign on sweet spot), Norm Charlton, Mike Leake, Devon Mesoraco, Jim Maloney, Jack Billingham, Mat Latos, Robert Stephenson, Billy Hamilton, Jim O'Toole, Ryan Hanigan, Bronson Arroyo, Drew Stubbs, Dave Collins, Leo 'Chico' Cardenas, Tommy Helms, Todd Benzinger, Chris Welsh, and Kyle Lotzkar. New hobby I am starting with this.

Also, on a side note, when I was waiting to get in on Saturday morning, no more than 10 people behind me was the infamous guy that was shown on tv during the initial 'Howl' or 'Whoo' this season. The guy with the stache and the red curly hair. I wanted to say hey or whatever and ask if he really knew he was on tv like that, but when the line wrapped around, the best I could do was just the casual head nod hello.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jharb74 View Post
    Here's a cool pic of our radio show interviewing Mat Latos, and Sam LeCure jumps on stage to interject about crazy things that go on in the clubhouse.
    That was one of the funnier interviews from the two days that I saw.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    That was one of the funnier interviews from the two days that I saw.
    Thanks dougdirt. It was crazy, we spent about 10 mins talking to Latos about tattoos, hair gel, & shaving cream pies, before we got to any baseball questions. Then LeCure stormed the stage. They actually were whispering behind me trying to "clean up" their clubhouse stories since kids were in the crowd!
    Our producer, Todd, shot this great pic at that moment...hilarious!:
    "The Redlegs Radio Report," on every Sat. 9 a.m. (CST) all season long!
    Listen on ESPN 1450 AM Bowling Green, KY. or www.espn1450.net SOKY's only Reds Radio affiliate.
    @redlegsradiorep

Here are a few of my pictures from Redsfest. Finally got to go through them!

Link to all pics (they're in reverse order for some reason so ignore that): http://smg.beta.photobucket.com/user...edsfest%202012

Here are a few of my faves...

Getting Aroldis Chapman's autograph:

Tom Browning was in a festive mood:

Me with JJ Hoover and cutie Pedro Villareal:

Joey laughing during the Kids Press Conference:

The whole team on stage Friday night:

Me with Logan Ondrusek and Sean Marshall (and feeling extra short!):

Me with Steve Selsky and Robert Stephenson:

Hanging out with Tucker Barnhart in the Reds Connect Area:
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Wow- those are great pics, Heather, thanks for sharing.
    sorry we're boring

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Nice. Thanks Heather. And good lord we have some tall pitchers. Standing next to you really puts that in perspective. :O)

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Nice. Thanks Heather. And good lord we have some tall pitchers. Standing next to you really puts that in perspective. :O)
    Well, I'm only 5'1" so I can make ANYONE look really tall. You should see my pic with Mike Leake....he looks way taller than he actually is while standing next to me even though he's 'only' like 5'10" or something, LOL

Glad you guys like the pics!

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Yeah, I knew how tall you were, but I was just pointing out that most times we see these guys standing next to each other...and not normal humans. :O)

Turn Off Ads?