Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Jared Burton

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Jared Burton

I always did like Burton but he just could not stay healthy with the Reds. He posted some fine numbers up in Minnesota.

62.0 IP
    41 H
    16 BB
    55 K
    2.18 ERA
    0.919 WHIP
    8.0 K/9
    3.44 K/BB

Re: Jared Burton

I was always a Burton fan. The kid had his moments, early in his career. Is he FA eligible? Or are you just stating what he did? I take another stab at him

Quote Originally Posted by Tuff Nut View Post
    I was always a Burton fan. The kid had his moments, early in his career. Is he FA eligible? Or are you just stating what he did? I take another stab at him
    I don't think he has enough service time to be a FA. I just came across those numbers and posted them since he was a Red at one time.

I just taught a friend of his this summer who pitched with him in H.S. They are still buddies. I liked him as well and had wished he was still around. Good Rule 5 pickup.

He was the first guy I ever heard of who strained an oblique. And he just never recovered. When JC went down in the playoffs, Burton was the first guy i thought of.

It was nice seeing him pitch at GABP this summer. I always loved his mound presence and the chops. Good stuff too. I actually traded for him and Herrera on The Show 12. Loved watching him strike out Ryan Howard on a time stands still 66mph changeup.
    Last edited by nismoredlegs; 10-26-2012 at 10:54 AM. Reason: oops
    "Why you going to the Airport; flying somewhere?"

I wish we still had Herrera, out that slow fastball in front of chapman no one could hit either of them
    Check Out My Blog at roundinthirdandheadedforhome.mlblogs.com

One of the nicest ballplayers i've ever met. He came down to the bar where i work one sunday night. He knew my buddy who plays accoustic that night and he let jared play guitar for a while and just sang. At the end of the night, jared, the singer, and a couple employees stayed around drinking and hangingg out until about 4:30, talking about baseball, music, and life in general.
    He offered to get me tickets for the next day's afternoon game, and while i was a bit wary that it was all talk and he'd forget, sure enough, the tickets were at will call for me the next day.

He was on the dl at the time, not staying out all hours when he might pitch the next day.

Almost forgot, he came back a month or two later and saw me, and asked if i got the tickets. I was surprised that he remembered me. He's a really friendly, genuine guy, one of the best athletes i've met.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

Quote Originally Posted by OGB View Post
    One of the nicest ballplayers i've ever met. He came down to the bar where i work one sunday night. He knew my buddy who plays accoustic that night and he let jared play guitar for a while and just sang. At the end of the night, jared, the singer, and a couple employees stayed around drinking and hangingg out until about 4:30, talking about baseball, music, and life in general.
    He offered to get me tickets for the next day's afternoon game, and while i was a bit wary that it was all talk and he'd forget, sure enough, the tickets were at will call for me the next day.

He was on the dl at the time, not staying out all hours when he might pitch the next day.

Almost forgot, he came back a month or two later and saw me, and asked if i got the tickets. I was surprised that he remembered me. He's a really friendly, genuine guy, one of the best athletes i've met.
    Good story.

Turn Off Ads?