Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reds were the best team in baseball

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Reds were the best team in baseball

After watching the WS and playoffs there's no dount in my mind, but the best team doesnt always win. Votto being at 60% and Cueto going down doomed us and still should have won but lack of clutch hitting killed them.

Re: Reds were the best team in baseball

Quote Originally Posted by Maker_84 View Post
    After watching the WS and playoffs there's no dount in my mind, but the best team doesnt always win. Votto being at 60% and Cueto going down doomed us and still should have won but lack of clutch hitting killed them.
    Yup. Reds, Nationals, Yankees, Rangers, Athletics.

All really great teams that should've moved farther. Makes the sting less..stingy i gues.

The Nats had the best team running away. They had the most wins in baseball and had tons of guys miss time along the way.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    The Nats had the best team running away. They had the most wins in baseball and had tons of guys miss time along the way.
    Sure they had the most wins....by 1 game, but that doesn't make them the best team. Also not running away with it either. Reds also had their best palyer down for 2 months of the season, lost the closer before the season even started, and lost their best pitcher 8 pitches into the post season. I dont understand why you are even on this forum. All you do is hate on the Reds, I really think you are a Cubs troll....for real dude!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Sure they had the most wins....by 1 game, but that doesn't make them the best team. Also not running away with it either. Reds also had their best palyer down for 2 months of the season, lost the closer before the season even started, and lost their best pitcher 8 pitches into the post season. I dont understand why you are even on this forum. All you do is hate on the Reds, I really think you are a Cubs troll....for real dude!!!
    No they are the best team because they have more talent. Look at the games missed by the Reds and then the Nats and then look at the 94 win team in their division they had to play 18 times and the fact didn't get to play the two worst teams in baseball 31 games, they got to play them 15 times and went 13-2.

The Cards won 88 games so if we add up all the games play vs teams with 88 or more wins not counting the 7 H2H games with the Nats and Reds which Washington won 5-2 its.

34 games for the Reds
    43 games for the Nats

While we got 6 with the Indians they got 6 with Baltimore and then 3 more with Tampa and 18 with the Braves while we got 15 with Cards who won 6 less games.

2012 Strength of Schedule
    http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/rpi/_/sort/sos

There's being a Reds fan and being a homer, I'm not a homer and can clearly see what team was better and its the team that had the better H2H Record while playing more top teams and had the better overall record in a better division while have more key guys missing games.

The Reds were very good, but not the best. They were below average offensively and were extremely dependent on pitching. The loss of Cueto showed that in the playoffs. We knew we were in trouble because we didn't have anyone else to shut down the opposition. If one of our pitchers had a bad game, it was almost always a loss, because our hitting couldn't come from behind (except against very weak teams for the most part)

Sucks the Reds couldn't play in the AL during the playoffs, the NL keeps pulling away and getting better than them every season

Sucks the Reds couldn't play in the AL during the playoffs, the NL keeps pulling away and getting better than them every season
    The NL had a .494 overall winning percentage this year and had a losing record for the 9th year in a row. Winning a best of 7 series in late October doesn't make your league better overall.

The NL had a .494 overall winning percentage this year and had a losing record for the 9th year in a row. Winning a best of 7 series in late October doesn't make your league better overall.
    The bottom National League teams were terrible but the teams that actually matter (top 4 from each league) and the National League is at a huge advantage. There's a reason the NL is starting to dominate the All Star game and the WS

The bottom National League teams were terrible but the teams that actually matter (top 4 from each league) and the National League is at a huge advantage. There's a reason the NL is starting to dominate the All Star game and the WS
    The top of the NL is better because they get to beat the bottom of the NL, from top to bottom the AL is a far better league. Two teams in the AL missed the playoffs this year that had better records than the NL 2nd WC team despite playing in the AL East and West where the last place teams would have a shot at a WC spot if they played in our Division.

We won 97 games 22 of those were the Astros and Cubs in 31 games meaning we had just a .572 W% vs all other teams including a losing record in IL play, that percentage would put us 5th in AL. I'm sure those teams that missed the playoffs in the AL would have loved to get 31 games with the only two teams in baseball to lose 100 games. I know the Angels would have killed to get 15 games with the Cards and Brewers rather than having 19 with the Rangers and A's.

The All Star game is meaningless with the way fans vote the least deserving players in and with so many elite players passing on the opportunity to play in it., The WS is a terrible way to judge since the best teams never win it anymore after moving to 8 and now 10 teams.

The NL's 3rd best team beating the AL's 7th best team in a best of 7 series after 5 full days off tells us absolutely nothing.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

The top of the NL is better because they get to beat the bottom of the NL, from top to bottom the AL is a far better league. Two teams in the AL missed the playoffs this year that had better records than the NL 2nd WC team despite playing in the AL East and West where the last place teams would have a shot at a WC spot if they played in our Division.

We won 97 games 22 of those were the Astros and Cubs in 31 games meaning we had just a .572 W% vs all other teams including a losing record in IL play, that percentage would put us 5th in AL. I'm sure those teams that missed the playoffs in the AL would have loved to get 31 games with the only two teams in baseball to lose 100 games. I know the Angels would have killed to get 15 games with the Cards and Brewers rather than having 19 with the Rangers and A's.

The All Star game is meaningless with the way fans vote the least deserving players in and with so many elite players passing on the opportunity to play in it., The WS is a terrible way to judge since the best teams never win it anymore after moving to 8 and now 10 teams.

The NL's 3rd best team beating the AL's 7th best team in a best of 7 series after 5 full days off tells us absolutely nothing.
    Yeah....and how often does the best team in college basketball win the NCAA and that is lauded as the best post season running!!!

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

Maybe those teams lost 100 games because they had to play the Reds so much.
    What if this is as good as it gets?

The Giants came back and beat up the Reds and Cards after being down, and then swept the Tigers. I have to say the best team won.

This season was special though, let's get 'em next year.

I don't know about the Reds being the best team in baseball, but with a couple of breaks, they could have been where the Giants are today. They should have put them away in game #3. That's the frustrating part for me. Good season, though. Greater expectations next year.

The best team won it all in impressive fashion.

The best team in baseball wouldn't lose 3 straight at home needing just 1 win to end their season.

The Giants were 6-2 on the road in the playoffs. Down 0-2 in best of 5....WIN Down 3-1 to the defending world champs....WIN

7 straight wins to seal the postseason.

The best team in baseball was clearly the Giants....backs against the wall in ridiculous fashion and never flinched.

And they proved the 4th and 5th starters were way more important than 2 middle relief/long men

Turn Off Ads?