Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Free Agency Has Officially Begun

Free Agency Has Officially Begun

So do we go after any free agents? We NEED offensive help and a couple more bullpen arms. I am not comfortable with Arredondo, and you don't know what Bray or Masset will do.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Free Agency Has Officially Begun

Still have 6 more days before FA can sign with new teams.

NO FA! I would like to trade for either Gerrardo Parra or Justin Upton. I stand by this statement when I say if it takes Billy Hamilton to get Justin Upton then we give up Billy Hamilton. I think we can add to the package and possibly bring back a pitching prospect as well I like the depth in our position prospects. I would look at giving up Masset or Bray to LAA for Bourjos. They need RP and we need a cheap leadoff type OF.

Vottobot

Quote Originally Posted by dMaus14 View Post
    NO FA! I would like to trade for either Gerrardo Parra or Justin Upton. I stand by this statement when I say if it takes Billy Hamilton to get Justin Upton then we give up Billy Hamilton. I think we can add to the package and possibly bring back a pitching prospect as well I like the depth in our position prospects. I would look at giving up Masset or Bray to LAA for Bourjos. They need RP and we need a cheap leadoff type OF.
    Upton is extremely overrated and has the same problem as everyone else on our team, not clutch at all
    Go Redlegs!!

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dMaus14 View Post
    You do not trade 1 of your best prospects for basically Drew Stubbs!!! Thats who Upton reminds me of, but with more power and little less speed.

Really? Higher priced Drew Stubbs?There were two Reds hitters with a better average and two Reds hitters with a better OBP. He was top 5 MVP voting in 2011. He's young and controlled for 3 more years.

I pick up Angel Pagan asap

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I wouldn't trade Hamilton for Justin Upton but comparing Upton to Stubbs is a bit much. His BA was nearly 70 points higher, OBP was nearly 80 points higher, his OPS 175 points higher, walked more, struck out less.

In fact, you could argue Stubbs was the worst hitter in baseball that got enough ABs to qualify for the batting title

It might sound crazy and I know we have Hanigan and Mesoraco but I wouldn't mind seeing AJ Pierzynski in a Reds uniform next year.

Anybody else with me?

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/0...ee-agents.html

wouldn't mind having Michael Bourn
    http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...ournmi01.shtml

expensive (compare $527K to nearly $7M) and older (30 in December) but an upgrade over Stubbs
    There are 3 guarantees in life; death, taxes, and the leadoff walk coming around to score.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Tre View Post
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/0...ee-agents.html

wouldn't mind having Michael Bourn
    http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...ournmi01.shtml

expensive (compare $527K to nearly $7M) and older (30 in December) but an upgrade over Stubbs
    I agree on Bourn.

TONS of good SP out there in 2013. I know the Reds have bigger needs this off season, but damn... Look at the potential free agent SP's out there and hypothetically insert them as you wish into our existing rotation without Leake. You can make some nasty rotations.... My favorite is Cueto, Latos, Dickey, Bailey, Arroyo - Shut up, I can dream....
    Pinch hitting for Pedro Borbon...

I think the Reds starting day lineup will be the same lineup that ended the 2012 season, replacing Rolen with Frazier.

Phillips
    Cozart
    Votto
    Ludwick
    Bruce
    Frazier
    Hanigan
    Stubbs (Unfortunately, the 8-hole defines my game)
    Cueto

FoxSports is predicting Bourn to Cincinnati.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/lists/t...photo=31401039

And Hamilton to Atlanta.

Quote Originally Posted by storer50 View Post
    I pick up Angel Pagan asap

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    Would probably be a good pick up, but I can't stand that guy!

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    I think the Reds starting day lineup will be the same lineup that ended the 2012 season, replacing Rolen with Frazier.

Phillips
    Cozart
    Votto
    Ludwick
    Bruce
    Frazier
    Hanigan
    Stubbs (Unfortunately, the 8-hole defines my game)
    Cueto
    Gotta get Phillips out of the 1 in my opinion. He's shown he can do it but I think he's better suited elsewhere. Not saying it will happen, I just think it should.

Turn Off Ads?