Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 48

Thread: Reds were the best team in baseball

  1. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,849

    Re: Reds were the best team in baseball

    Quote Originally Posted by Brittingham.Sam View Post
    no idea what an h2h record is. Actually the top 4 teams in the nl central this year were better than the top 4 in the nl east. And why are you talking about strength of schedule? this is baseball. This isn't college basketball. Soon you'll have an RPI for baseball teams. The reds had a ton more experience, and so maybe that means the reds are a more durable team. Also washington had to fight alot longer at the end of the season. Cincinnati didn't even have to play the last month. And there lineup is amazingly over-rated. Their most fearsome hitter is Adam Laroche. That isn't very daunting.
    Head to Head they had a better record than we did and beat us 5 of 7.

    They Top 4 in the NL central aren't better than the Top 4 in the NL East, they get to build up their records vs the Astros and Cubs and the 1st and 2nd place teams in the NL East have more wins than the 1 and 2 in the central also they teams in the east play more games with each other since they have one less team.

    The Nats have 25+ HR potential power 1st to 7th in their order and don't play in a hitters park, and they have a better bench!

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,849

    Re: Reds were the best team in baseball

    The NL East Top 4 vs NL Central Top 4 went 58-49 overall head to head this year.

  4. #33
    Salukifan2
    Guest

    Re: Reds were the best team in baseball

    Once again. The reds have the best TEAM not collection of talent. I would rather manage the reds. And if how many homeruns the first 7 batters hit then cardinals would have ran away with the division, and the cardinals play in a worse hitters park. By your logic any Red pitcher in GAB who can keep their era under 4 should be a cy young candidate.

    Using that homerun stat just disproved your own claim.

    The cardinals beat you guys in the head to head too. so did the dodgers. were you not as good as those teams?

    Strength of schedule matters when you play a 16 or 33 game schedule. not 162

  5. #34
    Salukifan2
    Guest

    Re: Reds were the best team in baseball

    and oh yeah, chapman wouldn't have choked it up to the cardinals like storen

  6. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,849

    Re: Reds were the best team in baseball

    Quote Originally Posted by Brittingham.Sam View Post
    and oh yeah, chapman wouldn't have choked it up to the cardinals like storen
    How do you know? He's blew saves with multiple runs allowed against 3 of the worst teams in baseball this year. They both have the same amount of career blown saves but Storen has worked 27 more games.

  7. #36
    Salukifan2
    Guest

    Re: Reds were the best team in baseball

    Seriously? Truthfully say on this board you'd rather Have Drew Storen closing big games for you rather than Aroldis Chapman and i'll concede.

  8. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,849

    Re: Reds were the best team in baseball

    Quote Originally Posted by Brittingham.Sam View Post
    Once again. The reds have the best TEAM not collection of talent. I would rather manage the reds. And if how many homeruns the first 7 batters hit then cardinals would have ran away with the division, and the cardinals play in a worse hitters park. By your logic any Red pitcher in GAB who can keep their era under 4 should be a cy young candidate.

    Using that homerun stat just disproved your own claim.

    The cardinals beat you guys in the head to head too. so did the dodgers. were you not as good as those teams?

    Strength of schedule matters when you play a 16 or 33 game schedule. not 162
    So the Reds have less talent and wins but are somehow the better team? Us OPS plus that takes away the park factor if you want. The Cards don't have anywhere near the pop the Nats have and that was with Werth missing half the year, Harper starting in the minors, Morse missing 1/3 of the season, their starting catcher missing almost the whole season, Zimmerman being banged up and Ian Desmond missing a month plus. Despite missing all those big bats they finished only 8 bombs behind the Brewers who play in a HR park for the NL lead.

  9. #38
    Salukifan2
    Guest

    Re: Reds were the best team in baseball

    So drew storen isn't as good as Chapman? Look if you think the nats are better, that's fine. But the cards wouldn't have done that to the reds.

  10. #39
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,849

    Re: Reds were the best team in baseball

    Quote Originally Posted by Brittingham.Sam View Post
    Seriously? Truthfully say on this board you'd rather Have Drew Storen closing big games for you rather than Aroldis Chapman and i'll concede.
    I wouldn't care which one I had they both are great young closers. If I was starting a team I would take Storen since he's cheaper.

    Drew Storen has 52 saves to 8 BS in his career and Chapman has 39 with 8 BS. So to think he's bad because he blew a save in the playoffs coming off injury and after working 3 days in a row thanks to the one less off day in this years NLDS then that's just comical. The Kid saved 43 games in 2011 finishing 6th in the majors he's a stud as well.

    I would take Craig Kimbrel over both of them.

  11. #40
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,849

    Re: Reds were the best team in baseball

    Quote Originally Posted by Brittingham.Sam View Post
    So drew storen isn't as good as Chapman? Look if you think the nats are better, that's fine. But the cards wouldn't have done that to the reds.
    He converts more saves and that's the name of the game, also how can you say that the Cards beat us more than we beat them this year.

  12. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    492

    Re: Reds were the best team in baseball

    I'm probably going to regret asking this question but, since it's not regular season wins, postseason wins, head to head performance, strength of schedule or player stats that determine the best team in baseball, what is the appropriate metric to use to determine the best team in baseball?

  13. #42
    ZCTRMTP!!!!! texasdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,807

    Re: Reds were the best team in baseball

    Quote Originally Posted by MoneyInTheBank View Post
    I'm probably going to regret asking this question but, since it's not regular season wins, postseason wins, head to head performance, strength of schedule or player stats that determine the best team in baseball, what is the appropriate metric to use to determine the best team in baseball?
    Whichever team you root for is ALWAYS the best team in baseball.
    A summer watching a bad Reds' team, is still a pretty good summer.

  14. #43
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,849

    Re: Reds were the best team in baseball

    Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Whichever team you root for is ALWAYS the best team in baseball.
    I root for the Reds and have no problem saying the Nats are the best team in baseball this year with ease. They had the best record in baseball and had a winning record against all 4 of the other NL playoff teams.

  15. #44
    ZCTRMTP!!!!! texasdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,807

    Re: Reds were the best team in baseball

    Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    I root for the Reds and have no problem saying the Nats are the best team in baseball this year with ease. They had the best record in baseball and had a winning record against all 4 of the other NL playoff teams.
    I believe the OP was stating the Reds were the best team in the playoffs. Not for the entire year. With Strasburg out I think I agree with that assessment. If he was talking about the entire season then I would go with the Gnats as well.
    A summer watching a bad Reds' team, is still a pretty good summer.

  16. #45
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,849

    Re: Reds were the best team in baseball

    Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    I believe the OP was stating the Reds were the best team in the playoffs. Not for the entire year. With Strasburg out I think I agree with that assessment. If he was talking about the entire season then I would go with the Gnats as well.
    If its just in the playoffs then the Giants are clearly the best.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25