Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Cringe-Worthy Music

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Re: Cringe-Worthy Music

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Taylor Swift's music doesn't suck.

I realize it's about taste- but it isn't awful. It's not Rush, you know?
    Hey, them's fightin' words.

Gilpdawg sighting in 1..2..3...
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    I don't think that's fair. My favorite band is arguably the most popular band in the world. In fact, most of the music I listen to is pretty popular. (as an aside, I don't think many in the Pitchfork crowd, who I could probably be fairly described as one of them, realize all those bands are incredibly popular.)

REM was turned on because frankly they started to suck eventually. I'm just calling a spade a spade. Taylor Swift isn't bad because she's popular, she's bad because her music sucks and is fluff for teenage girls.
    Sure, her music is light and fluffy, it is also melodic and often tells a story. As someone alluded to a great portion of the Beatle catalogue was light teenage fluff; does this mean The Beatles suck, of course not.

Her music is growing and changing. Her songs don't all sound like "Teardrops on My Guitar" and "Tim McGraw" anymore. A perfect example is "We Will Never Ever Get Back Together". Personally I don't like it, but I am not going to shred a songwriter for trying to step out of her box, trying to do something different (except when KISS and Niel Young tried to add a disco sound, that sucked).
    What if this is as good as it gets?

Quote Originally Posted by Spazzrico View Post
    I can speak for myself thankyou.

But ya, what he said.

Now she's evolving...

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    I can speak for myself thankyou.

But ya, what he said.
    All kidding aside, the album itself contains some AOR gems--"Anything She Does" and "Domino-Parts I and II--but I don't care at all for the ones I previously mentioned.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

camisa, is what you are posting really music?

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Congratulations, you've actually posted something as bad as the two songs I posted.

I never even remotely thought that was possible.

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    camisa, is what you are posting really music?
    That's how they describe themselves. If you heard the music I play, you'd understand I'm not one to judge.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    That's how they describe themselves. If you heard the music I play, you'd understand I'm not one to judge.
    I really wanna go to one of your open-mics at Southgate House Revival haha...

sorry to interupt the Taylor Swift death duel, but back to the original topic (and if the question is, what kind of music makes you cringe, how can one argue what makes me cringe? how would they know?)

Most "deep" heavy metal, ie megadeath, slayor, pantera and a slew of others I've heard friends listen to in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    I really wanna go to one of your open-mics at Southgate House Revival haha...
    I hope some pictures show up from the last one. I was absolutely covered in blood. I also wore a hanger around my neck, but I won't specify what my costume was. Needless to say, I won the costume contest.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Taylor Swift isn't bad because she's popular, she's bad because her music sucks and is fluff for teenage girls.
    This is my favorite statement in the whole thread.

I don't like it, therefore the only reason it sells is because teenage girls buy fluff.

Really- so if that were true, I guess all teenage fluff records must sell a million in a week. Right.

Taylor Swift strikes a chord with her audience. Her combination of lyrics and melody move people. It is pop music with a little country thrown in.

It isn't Led Zeppelin, but for what it is, it's pretty good.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    All kidding aside, the album itself contains some AOR gems--"Anything She Does" and "Domino-Parts I and II--but I don't care at all for the ones I previously mentioned.
    Invisible Touch is a great album. Solid all the way through...

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Invisible Touch is a great album. Solid all the way through...

Go listen to A TRICK OF TAIL or The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway and then tell me that Invisible Touch is good .invisible touch is a disgrace to the Genesis name

Turn Off Ads?