Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: All Annoying Team

All Annoying Team

Now that the World Series is over, MLB will be keeping the addicted fed with the MLB drug, using awards and the Hot Stove League. So, to dovetail from the Postseason scoreboard watching thread, how about an All Annoying Team by position, see if we can come up with a starting eight, DH, starting rotation, bullpen, and a few bench players:

c- Yadier Molina (no explanation needed
    1b-Adam LaRoche (his exagerrated follow through on his swing has always annoyed me)
    2b-Neil Walker (just always has a cocky little smirk on his face, what's that about? you're a Pirate!)
    ss-Derek Jeter (just get sick of hearing of his greatness)
    3b Alex Rodriguez (arrogant prima donna)
    lf- Nyjer Morgan (just a punk)
    cf-Bryce Harper (for the same reason other teams fans' always booed Pete Rose)
    rf-Hunter Pence (he swings funny, runs funny, throws funny, looks funny, is taking credit for going all Knute Rockne when the Reds had them down 2-0,
    dh-Nick Swisher (fakiest enthusiasm I've every seen)
    sp-Cris Carpenter (no explanation needed)
    sp-Wandy Rodriguez (soft tossing lefty who has just always bugged me for no rational reason)
    sp-Tim Lincecum (stringy hair, yellow teeth, stupid windup, you know, good reasons )
    sp-Edinson Volquez (the poster child for the type of pitcher I loathe, get ahead then nibble, nibble, nibble until full count. Also always looks dumbfounded when he doesn't succeed)
    closer-Jose Valverde (just watch him pitch one time)
    pinch hitter-Xavier Nady (like a bad penny, just keeps on showing up in key spots against the Reds, has always seemed to be a thorn in the Reds side)
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

2. Turn Off Ads?
    nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Re: All Annoying Team

Ah, you had me until you mentioned Jeter.

I have given in to his greatness, mostly because you never hear about it from him.
    sorry we're boring

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red View Post
    Ah, you had me until you mentioned Jeter.

I have given in to his greatness, mostly because you never hear about it from him.
    Yea, but I think his greatness is exaggerated and hyped due to his career happening to be with the Yankees. Put him in a less visible place, he would be considered above average, but probably not discussed as one of the greatest ever.

I can't vote "for" Nick Swisher. I met his mother a couple of years ago in Parkersburg, WV. She is a very nice lady, so I can't root against her son.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

When your recognized as the "team leader" on a multiple WS winning team, are approaching Pete Rose hitting territory and have a rollidex that rivals Heff, you are most certainly not "annoying" all while rarely (if ever) touting yourself. Lengedary is the more appropriate term to describe him.

I'd nominate Fransisco Rodriguez for closer - petulant brat.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Hunter Pence makes me long for Eric Byrne's

Nah... not really they both annoy me

I always liked Adam LaRoche. He's had a really underrated career despite being castoff by many teams.

I'm also pretty entertained by Nyjer Morgan's antics.

No mention of Carlos Zambrano? Or was he forgotten intentionally?

c- Yadier Molina Yea I don't really like him. Good catcher though.
    1b-Brandon Belt - Something about him pulling off the bag and running into the dugout before the call at first was made bugged me. Often times the runner was safe.
    2b-Skip Schumaker - Not a good player but seemed to get his fair share of big hits.
    ss-Jose Reyes - Never have cared for him. Prima donna without anything to show for it. Well except for that big contract.
    3b Pablo Sandoval - Big fat panda.
    lf- Nyjer Morgan - Punk is the best way to describe him. I wouldn't mind him on my team as long as he is hot.
    cf- John Jay - His swing annoys me.
    rf-Hunter Pence - he swings funny, runs funny, throws funny, looks funny, is taking credit for going all Knute Rockne when the Reds had them down 2-0,
    dh-Every single DH - Its fake baseball!
    sp-Cris Carpenter - #1 on my list
    sp- Edinson Volquez - Roids, inconsistency, costs the Reds Hamilton. You name it.
    sp-Tim Lincecum - The Reds should have drafted him.
    closer-Jose Valverde - I watched him close a game against the Reds and thought he was a circus act.

Put a Reds uniform on all these guys and we would be praising them non-stop.

Quite a good team there.

Other teams' fans would probably replace Neil Walker at second base. A certain Reds player would undoubtedly take the spot in a non-RedsZone poll.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Nyjer Morgan annoys me the most because he's done his best to waste some amazing talent. If he could have gotten it together, I think he's got enough talent to be on par with someone like Carl Crawford. Instead, he's just a dumbass.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

One that I haven't seen mentioned yet is Carlos Gomez from the Brewers. Always over the top with everything he does and seems really full of himself for a bench player.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    sp-Wandy Rodriguez (soft tossing lefty who has just always bugged me for no rational reason)
    It's the name "Wandy" -- which makes him look like the product of two very confused fans of Dave Thomas' burger joint.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake View Post
    One that I haven't seen mentioned yet is Carlos Gomez from the Brewers. Always over the top with everything he does and seems really full of himself for a bench player.
    Yea, we could add him to the bench easily, 4th outfielder type

AJ Burnett has to be on there. He pitched well this year, but acting like Mr. Big Stuff in Pittsuburgh after totally flaming out in New York really did not seem appropriate.

Turn Off Ads?