Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: All Annoying Team

Re: All Annoying Team

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    Brian Wilson? Is that his name.. the injured closer for the Giants with the huge beard that uses nail polish, etc?

I didn't mind the constant camera shots of him when he was actually playing and when he was good.. It was annoying as heck to see his ugly mug every 5 min during the LDS series.. the guy is injured and a nonfactor.. He's just getting camera time because he looks like a freak..
    It was especially annoying when he just lay in bed and ballooned to 300 pounds.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    I heard about that..in a song.
    sorry we're boring

I'm not feeling any good vibrations.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    I don't think it works that way. Some of these guys would be rode hard and put away wet if they played for the Reds. Although I will say when its a guy on your team, there is more grace to their personality issues if they perform. If they don't, it gets brutal.
    Reds fans don't go after Reds for being annoying.

They go after certain types.

If you are a Reds prospect, you can do almost anything and will be supported. Youth and a Reds organization pedigree -- priceless.

After awhile, if you are a Reds prospect having some problems, you may become the subject of debate. But fans should be careful not to be too tough

If you are a veteran from another organization, acquired by the Reds, you are more likely to be hit hard if you don't do well.

If you are a LIGHT HITTING veteran from another organization, or if you are a SOFT TOSSING pitcher from another organization, watch out.
    Last edited by Kc61; 10-29-2012 at 05:15 PM.

Reds fans also seem especially annoyed by "cocky, self-promoting" players (Brian Wilson).

Something about a blue-collar fanbase, maybe.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    Reds fans also seem especially annoyed by "cocky, self-promoting" players (Brian Wilson).

Something about a blue-collar fanbase, maybe.
    Brian Wilson isn't annoying because he's cocky, he's annoying because he tries too hard to be "wacky."

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    but the beard accounted for 40 of those pounds
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

Gritty Cardinal infielders would dominate my roster.

Punto
    Miles
    Descalso
    Theriot
    Kozma (so irritating that he actually played OK after a very mediocre minor league career)
    And many others of the past decade, expunged from memory

I would not include Molina. The guy has earned my respect.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Brian Wilson isn't annoying because he's cocky, he's annoying because he tries too hard to be "wacky."
    This.

The act would be funnier if the fictional character "Kenny Powers" didn't exist.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Either Hairston brother for starters, McCutchen
    Last edited by Red in Chicago; 10-29-2012 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    Gritty Cardinal infielders would dominate my roster.

Punto
    Miles
    Descalso
    Theriot
    Kozma (so irritating that he actually played OK after a very mediocre minor league career)
    And many others of the past decade, expunged from memory

I would not include Molina. The guy has earned my respect.
    I don't know that I like Molina necessarily, but he did earn points after he slid into 2B and gave BP a high five when he stood up, so at least he's not a petty dude or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Chicago View Post
    Either Hairston brother for starters
    Really? I really liked Jerry Hairston while he was on the team, even after his numbers fell off. He definitely had team spirit and I can dig any guy who takes pride in being a Red.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Humor is so subjective. I personally think he's pretty funny -- I like his non-standard comedic sensibilities. It's refreshing for a ballplayer to have a sense of humor that I can relate to.

I view his act as pretty tongue-in-cheek, like Will Ferrell's man-child persona.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

I like Brian Wilson

I hate his shoe black beard

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    Humor is so subjective. I personally think he's pretty funny -- I like his non-standard comedic sensibilities. It's refreshing for a ballplayer to have a sense of humor that I can relate to.

I view his act as pretty tongue-in-cheek, like Will Ferrell's man-child persona.
    Maybe, I don't know. I didn't mind it so much at first when he broke through, but he's kind of turned into the guy who tells the same joke over and over for me.

Turn Off Ads?