Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 108

Thread: 2013 MLB Draft order with Bonus pool numbers

  1. #76
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    9,783

    Re: 2013 MLB Draft order with Bonus pool numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    Judge qualifies as a high upside prospect. He does seem to have more red flags than other late first round prospects, though. I think I will have other guys ranked higher than him left on my board if he happens to fall to the Reds at #27. Wouldn't hate this pick, though.
    Agreed. JP Crawford or Austin Wilson would get me really excited, although the latter has a high bust potential (with very high upside as well). Judge wouldn't be bad but wouldn't be a coup.

    Tim Anderson would be awesome in the sandwich round if we miss out on Crawford.
    Go BLUE!!!

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #77
    Moderator RedlegJake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    North Kansas City, Mo
    Posts
    5,674

    Re: 2013 MLB Draft order with Bonus pool numbers

    Judge ugh....I hope not. I see huge power potential but that huge body/height...long swing...poor pitch recognition and very tall hitters ...maybe its just me but I see low avg tons of Ks lots of homers but not a lot of offsetting walks. Bruce with less athleticism and eventually a first baseman.

  4. #78
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    9,783

    Re: 2013 MLB Draft order with Bonus pool numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    Judge ugh....I hope not. I see huge power potential but that huge body/height...long swing...poor pitch recognition and very tall hitters ...maybe its just me but I see low avg tons of Ks lots of homers but not a lot of offsetting walks. Bruce with less athleticism and eventually a first baseman.
    When I think of Judge comparisons, the names Branyan, Sexson, Hart and Dunn all come to mind. Hopefully he is more the latter two than the former two.
    Go BLUE!!!

  5. #79
    Box of Frogs edabbs44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    16,296

    Re: 2013 MLB Draft order with Bonus pool numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    JP Crawford, Austin Wilson, Jon Denney, and Trey Ball are all guys who are not consensus Top 5 (and therefore could feasibly fall to the Reds) who I'd be very happy with. Anybody have anyone specific they like or don't like in this draft? We're less than a month away.

    Colin Moran and Hunter Renfroe are interesting as well, although unlikely to fall out of the top 20.
    Rob Kaminsky is basically unhittable in NJ and BA has him going after Cincy picks. Reds supposedly watching this guy up here as well.

    http://www.northjersey.com/sports/20...&ic=1&iphone=1

  6. #80
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Pensacola, Florida
    Posts
    500

    Re: 2013 MLB Draft order with Bonus pool numbers

    Starting to like Phillip Ervin to the Braves, Rays, or Reds. I could even see the Pirates taking him with one of their two high first round picks to save money.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

  7. #81
    Moderator Gallen5862's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Wilmington,NC
    Posts
    6,419

    Re: 2013 MLB Draft order with Bonus pool numbers

    http://www.baseballamerica.com/draft...ock-draft-1-0/

    33. YANKEES: No organization has a greater affinity for offensive-minded catchers than New York. Denney should be able to stay behind the plate, but he also has enough bat to profile at a less challenging position.

    PROJECTED PICK: JON DENNEY.

  8. #82
    Moderator Gallen5862's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Wilmington,NC
    Posts
    6,419

    Re: 2013 MLB Draft order with Bonus pool numbers

    Would JON DENNEYbe a good pick for the Reds? Would he help the Red's depth at catcher?

  9. #83
    ZCTRMTP!!!!!
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,795

    Re: 2013 MLB Draft order with Bonus pool numbers

    Jonathan Mayo's Top 100 prospects.

    http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/prospects/wat...13/#list=draft
    Zero chance the Reds miss the playoffs!

  10. #84
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    9,783

    Re: 2013 MLB Draft order with Bonus pool numbers

    Updated Wish List:

    Pick 27

    1. JP Crawford HS SS
    2. Ian Clarkin HS LHP
    3. Trey Ball HS LHP/OF
    4. Jon Denney HS C
    5. Austin Wilson Stanford OF
    6. Hunter Renfroe Mississippi State OF
    7. Braden Shipley Nevada RHP
    8. Rob Kaminsky HS LHP
    (gap)
    9.Philip Ervin Samford OF
    10 (tie). Ryan Eades/Hunter Harvey/Chris Anderson RHP

    Pick 38

    1. Tim Anderson JuCo SS/2B
    2. Hunter Dozier Stephen F. Austin SS/3B
    3. Cord Sandberg HS OF
    4. Oscar Mercado HS SS
    5. Matt Krook HS LHP
    6. Hunter Green HS LHP
    7. Kyle Serrano HS RHP
    8. Billy McKinney HS OF
    9. Blake Taylor HS LHP
    10. Aaron Judge Fresno State OF

    HS OF Justin Williams and LSU 2B JaCoby Jones are names to watch and guys I'd love the Reds to take in the 2nd round, of course in addition to any of the names listed above.
    Last edited by Benihana; 05-14-2013 at 10:12 AM.
    Go BLUE!!!

  11. #85
    Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Loveland, OH
    Posts
    3,036

    Re: 2013 MLB Draft order with Bonus pool numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Updated Wish List:

    Pick 27

    1. JP Crawford HS SS
    2. Ian Clarkin HS LHP
    3. Trey Ball HS LHP/OF
    4. Jon Denney HS C
    5. Austin Wilson Stanford OF
    6. Hunter Renfroe Mississippi State OF
    7. Braden Shipley Nevada RHP
    8. Rob Kaminsky HS LHP
    (gap)
    9.Philip Ervin Samford OF
    10 (tie). Ryan Eades/Hunter Harvey/Chris Anderson RHP

    Pick 38

    1. Tim Anderson JuCo SS/2B
    2. Hunter Dozier Stephen F. Austin SS/3B
    3. Cord Sandberg HS OF
    4. Oscar Mercado HS SS
    5. Matt Krook HS LHP
    6. Hunter Green HS LHP
    7. Kyle Serrano HS RHP
    8. Billy McKinney HS OF
    9. Blake Taylor HS LHP
    10. Aaron Judge Fresno State OF

    HS OF Justin Williams and LSU 2B JaCoby Jones are names to watch and guys I'd love the Reds to take in the 2nd round, of course in addition to any of the names listed above.
    I love all of the upside on this list. The Reds have no needs to draft for, so let's hope they shoot for the moon and land some potentially high impact players early in this draft and then sign them all. I do disagree with some of your rankings for Pick 27. I like Shipley far more than you do. He seems to have a ton of upside with his arm, already hitting 99 and has a good chance of developing a solid change and curveball, plus being a converted SS, he does not have much mileage on his arm. That being said, Law has him as his #6 overall player. I don't see him being on the board at #27, but if he is, I woulld be praying for the Reds to pull the trigger. He seems to be a more physically developed Stephenson. I will take that every day.

    I also like Austin Wilson more than you do. I know he has not produced this year, but that is due to injury. He has as much upside as any on your list, but is more physically developed.

    I also like Denney a lot. I think he has a good chance of sticking behind the plate, and I would rather take a first round catcher who has the tools and the sticks, but lacks "receiving skills" rather than taking one with questions about his bat. That's why I think I take Denney over Crawford. I am not sure if he is going to be able to hit enough to be an impact bat.

    Obviously, I have seen none of these guys play, so I am just going off of scouting reports I have seen on the web.

    Also, why are you so high on Clarkin? Law has him as his #64 overall player. What is Law missing?

    I do like Trey Ball more than you do, too. I like that he is somewhat local being from Indiana and he already has a good fastball and has the bat to maybe make the bigs as a corner outfielder. He could be awesome.

    Also, I don't get the love for Renfroe. His scouting report sounds kind of like Stubbs with more power and less results. I don't like the risk of taking him over some of the high schoolers, but maybe that is because he has had a much greater chance of being exposed which the high schoolers haven't since they are playing far inferior competition.

  12. #86
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    9,783

    Re: 2013 MLB Draft order with Bonus pool numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    I love all of the upside on this list. The Reds have no needs to draft for, so let's hope they shoot for the moon and land some potentially high impact players early in this draft and then sign them all. I do disagree with some of your rankings for Pick 27. I like Shipley far more than you do. He seems to have a ton of upside with his arm, already hitting 99 and has a good chance of developing a solid change and curveball, plus being a converted SS, he does not have much mileage on his arm. That being said, Law has him as his #6 overall player. I don't see him being on the board at #27, but if he is, I woulld be praying for the Reds to pull the trigger. He seems to be a more physically developed Stephenson. I will take that every day.

    I also like Austin Wilson more than you do. I know he has not produced this year, but that is due to injury. He has as much upside as any on your list, but is more physically developed.

    I also like Denney a lot. I think he has a good chance of sticking behind the plate, and I would rather take a first round catcher who has the tools and the sticks, but lacks "receiving skills" rather than taking one with questions about his bat. That's why I think I take Denney over Crawford. I am not sure if he is going to be able to hit enough to be an impact bat.

    Obviously, I have seen none of these guys play, so I am just going off of scouting reports I have seen on the web.

    Also, why are you so high on Clarkin? Law has him as his #64 overall player. What is Law missing?

    I do like Trey Ball more than you do, too. I like that he is somewhat local being from Indiana and he already has a good fastball and has the bat to maybe make the bigs as a corner outfielder. He could be awesome.

    Also, I don't get the love for Renfroe. His scouting report sounds kind of like Stubbs with more power and less results. I don't like the risk of taking him over some of the high schoolers, but maybe that is because he has had a much greater chance of being exposed which the high schoolers haven't since they are playing far inferior competition.
    I'm mostly with you - I don't have a strong preference between the top 7 names on my list - I'd be just as happy with Shipley as I would with Crawford. I think Clarkin and Ball are the two best HS lefties in the draft, so I'd be very happy with either.

    Stubbs with more power wouldn't be a bad get with the 27th pick in the draft.

    I don't like drafting for need, but I would very much like to see at least one middle infielder taken with the first three picks. Whether that's Crawford in the first, Anderson, Dozier or Mercado in the sandwich, or JaCoby Jones in the second, I'd be happy with any of 'em. Mercado is the one I'm the most iffy on given the questions about his bat.
    Last edited by Benihana; 05-14-2013 at 02:48 PM.
    Go BLUE!!!

  13. Likes:

    Edd Roush (05-14-2013)

  14. #87
    Member CrackerJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    5,001

    Re: 2013 MLB Draft order with Bonus pool numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    Judge ugh....I hope not. I see huge power potential but that huge body/height...long swing...poor pitch recognition and very tall hitters ...maybe its just me but I see low avg tons of Ks lots of homers but not a lot of offsetting walks. Bruce with less athleticism and eventually a first baseman.
    I'm confused, his profile says he has a good K/BB ratio, hits for average, fast enough to steal a base, wins HR derbies but doesn't show the power enough during the season yet.

  15. #88
    Moderator Gallen5862's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Wilmington,NC
    Posts
    6,419

    Re: 2013 MLB Draft order with Bonus pool numbers

    http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...s_mlb&c_id=mlb


    Mock Draft: A first look at the first round

    Signs point to Astros taking Oklahoma right-hander Gray, with Appel going to Cubs
    Jonathan Mayo
    By Jonathan Mayo | Archive
    5/16/2013 10:00 A.M. ET Comments print e-mail
    Twitter Facebook Email

    It's time to step it up a notch.

    In past years, MLB.com has rolled out mock drafts slowly, starting with a projection of the first 10 picks, then 11-20, before finally getting to the entire first round. Those days are over.

    While MLB.com's Top 100 Draft prospects is a list that ranks the Draft class according to talent, what's below is a look at who might go where in the first round. That includes the 27 picks of the first-round proper, followed by the six picks awarded to teams for losing qualifying free agents.

    Those 33 picks will be just the start of the first night of the First-Year Player Draft on Thursday, June 6. It all starts at 7 p.m. ET, with the top 73 picks being broadcast live on MLB Network and streamed on MLB.com. Rounds 2-40 will be streamed live on MLB.com on June 7-8.

    MLB.com's coverage will include: the Top 100 Draft Prospects list; Draft Tracker, a live interactive application that includes a searchable database of every Draft-eligible player; and the Draft itself. You also can keep up to date at Draft Central and by following @MLBDraft on Twitter. And get into the Draft conversation by tagging your tweets with #mlbdraft.


    27. Cincinnati Reds: Tom Windle, LHP, Minnesota
    The Reds have taken high school right-handers in the first round in each of the past two Drafts, and they could go that route again, but they have been scouting Windle, a lefty with some good stuff, very carefully.

  16. #89
    Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Loveland, OH
    Posts
    3,036

    Re: 2013 MLB Draft order with Bonus pool numbers

    Windle looks like a pretty solid prospect, but Keith Law is not nearly as high on him. Law has Windle as his #59 overall player.

    I like Law's pick for the Reds: Billy McKinney. Law gives him a Winker comp and expects him to rake. Here is the insider article:

    http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/story...od_mlb_xxx_xxx

  17. #90
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    9,783

    Re: 2013 MLB Draft order with Bonus pool numbers

    I like McKinney also. I'd like him a lot better at 38.
    Go BLUE!!!


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25