Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: 2013 MLB Draft order with Bonus pool numbers

Re: 2013 MLB Draft order with Bonus pool numbers

Minorleagueball has it's latest mock up, and it's pretty much a worst-case scenario for the Reds.

http://www.minorleagueball.com/2013/...ft-version-2-0

With Crawford, Wilson, Ball, Clarkin, Judge, T.Anderson, Denney and Kaminsky all off the board, the Reds take Marco Gonzales at 27 and Ryan Boldt at 38.

Gonzales is a low upside arm which I have no interest in.
    Boldt reminds me of Ryan LaMarre and Jeff Gelalich: no specific impact tool but good all-around game. Couple that with an injury and questionable competition as a Minnesota high schooler, and I say NO THANKS.

At least take Billy McKinney, Hunter Green or Sean Manaea with one of the picks in this scenario.
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

10 days to go, here are my ideal targets:

PICK 27

1. JP Crawford HS SS
    2. Trey Ball HS LHP/OF
    3. Ian Clarkin HS LHP
    4. Austin Wilson Stanford OF
    5. Sean Manaea Indiana St. LHP
    (tie). Jon Denney HS C

PICK 38

1. Billy McKinney HS OF
    2. Tim Anderson JuCo SS/2B
    3. Rob Kaminsky HS LHP
    4. Hunter Dozier Stephen F. Austin SS/3B
    5. Hunter Green HS LHP
    (tie) Matt Krook HS LHP

PICK 67

1. Justin Williams HS OF
    2. JaCoby Jones LSU 2B
    3. Cord Sandberg HS OF
    4. Blake Taylor HS LHP
    5. Riley Unroe HS SS
    Go BLUE!!!

4. Likes:

Edd Roush (05-27-2013),mdccclxix (05-27-2013)

My Top 10 Mock with picks I want the Braves, Rays, and Reds to take:

1. Astros - Clint Frazier
    2. Cubs - Mark Appel
    3. Rockies - Kris Bryant
    4. Twins - Jonathan Gray
    5. Indians -Colin Moran
    6. Marlins - Austin Meadows
    7. Red Sox - Kohl Stewart
    8. Royals - Trey Ball
    9. Pirates - Reese McGuire
    10. Blue Jays -Hunter Renfroe

I went Doomsday scenerio with the Rockies being forced to pick a great pitcher or a great bat. I think thats the only way this draft gets exciting. Wanted to put Meadows with the Pirates but he is everything the Marlins liked in players like Mike Stanton. Logan Morrison, Marcell Ozuna, and Christian Yelich. Marlins pick is probably only pick I get correct.

Braves: Bobby Wahl ( Hopefully he isnt another Joey Devine )
    Rays: Phillip Erwin, OF, Samford University
    Reds:Eric Jagielo, 3B, Notre Dame ( Just to see him lauch balls into the bay at Pensacola.

"Unfortunately, the attrition rate is gruesome. Out of the entire pool of drafted and signed players, only about 18% of them ever get even one day in the big leagues, and only about 7% of them actually accumulate three years in the Major Leagues. It's even scarier if you examine the rounds - fewer than 50% of 1st round picks get three years in the big leagues, and from rounds two through five that number drops to about 15%. After that it plummets to the low single digits. In short, it's very difficult to scout, draft, sign, and develop Major Leaguers, so having a plan to do so isn't enough." --Paul DePodesta
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

6. Likes:

RedlegJake (05-30-2013),REDREAD (05-28-2013)

Turn Off Ads?