Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gold Glove nominees named....

Re: Gold Glove nominees named....

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    When are they announcing the winners?
    At 9:30 on ESPN2.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    At 9:30 on ESPN2.
    Or later.

Rafael Palmeiro was just announced as the Gold Glove winner for first base in the AL.

I was all upset BP lost till I saw Trout didn't get one either. Wow.

No Reds among the winners.
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Quote Originally Posted by mbgrayson View Post
    No Reds among the winners.
    It's pretty amazing you can have six nominees and none of them win. Disappointed but not really surprised.

How can the Reds have one of the best defensive teams and not have one Gold Glove winner? It's a slap in the face.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

I'll admit I'm biased on the subject, but you'll have a hell of a time convincing me that Darwin Barney is a better second baseman than Brandon Phillips.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

As much as it pains me to give any Cubs players proper due, Darwin was insane at 2B defensively this year. He lead all second basemen in UZR this year and only had 2 errors. I know errors are an extremely flawed stat but just having 2 with the kind of range he has was amazing. Gahh... now I need to go take a shower for defending a Cub.

I was surprised to see McCutchen win it over Bourn this year. Bourn was probably the best defensive CF in baseball this year. Also, Brendan Ryan not winning it seemed almost criminal. He's been arguably the best defensive SS in baseball for the past couple of years now and had the best UZR amongst all SS.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Barney won GG over Phillips because of his fielding percentage? What an absolute joke. Actually watching the games should be a requirement of the voters. #turrible

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    Barney won GG over Phillips because of his fielding percentage? What an absolute joke. Actually watching the games should be a requirement of the voters. #turrible
    The advanced stats also show Barney was a better fielder as well. Phillips was great this year but Barney was better. Taking another shower now.

Haunted by walks

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    I'll admit I'm biased on the subject, but you'll have a hell of a time convincing me that Darwin Barney is a better second baseman than Brandon Phillips.
    Darwin Barney agrees:

“You don’t expect to pass a guy like Brandon Phillips,” Barney said. “He’s exceptional at what he does. He was the best in the game for a long time, and I can’t sit here and say I’m better than him or anything like that. I had a good season and I think either of us could’ve won it. Fortunately for me, I did. He very easily could have won just as easily as I could.”
    http://muskat.mlblogs.com/2012/10/30...ns-gold-glove/

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatFan View Post
    A little surprised Cueto isn't there for holding runners on better than anyone in the league.
    I was too. But perhaps that feat alone wasn't enough. I think they actually got it right for NL pitcher.

I think the Bourne snub was maybe the biggest of all. He should've flat out won it, and by a mile. Cutch was actually a below average fielder this year, so it doesn't make sense at all.

Given who Cozart was up against, he actually should've won it. It's amazing thought that Clint Barmes wasn't considered at all when he was in theory the best guy at the position!

Turn Off Ads?