Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: Free Agents Frenzy Starts here

Re: Free Agents Frenzy Starts here

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Looks like the Pirates are about to pay Russell Martin a buttload of money to basically be a rich man's Miguel Olivo.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

2. Turn Off Ads?

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

National League Non-Tenders
    By Ben Nicholson-Smith [November 30 at 8:13pm CST]
    Here are today’s National League non-tenders. All decisions must be in by 11pm CDT tonight. Be sure to track all tender decisions using MLBTR's Non-Tender Tracker. Related resources include our list of non-tender candidates, our projected arbitration salaries and our arbitration eligibles series.

The Cubs have non-tendered Ian Stewart, Jaye Chapman, and Zach Putnam according to MLB.com's Carrie Muskat (on Twitter).
    The Padres have non-tendered left-hander Juan Oramas, the team announced. He had Tommy John surgery this summer and is expected to miss the start of next season.
    The Mets also non-tendered Andres Torres and Manny Acosta, Anthony DiComo of MLB.com reports (on Twitter). Mike Pelfrey has been informed he'll be non-tendered by the Mets, Adam Rubin of ESPNNewYork.com reports (on Twitter). The Mets were expected to non-tender Pelfrey.
    The Braves will non-tenderJair Jurrjens and Peter Moylan.
    The Phillies plan to non-tender Nate Schierholtz, ESPN.com's Jerry Crasnick reports (on Twitter).
    The Pirates will non-tender Jeff Karstens, Rob Biertempfel of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports (on Twitter). Technically the Pirates are designating Karstens for assignment, Michael Sanserino of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports (on Twitter).
    The Brewers have non-tendered left-hander Manny Parra, Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports (on Twitter).
    Mike Axisa contributed to this post.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#Qj1fbKhvIrWo11Uq.99
    Last edited by Gallen5862; 11-30-2012 at 09:27 PM.

American League Non-Tenders
    By Ben Nicholson-Smith [November 30 at 6:40pm CST]
    Here are today’s American League non-tenders. All decisions must be in by 11pm CDT tonight. Be sure to track all tender decisions using MLBTR's Non-Tender Tracker. Related resources include our list of non-tender candidates, our projected arbitration salaries and our arbitration eligibles series.

The Athletics have non-tendered Jermaine Mitchell, the team announced. Mitchell was designated for assignment earlier this week.
    The Red Sox have non-tendered Rich Hill, Ryan Sweeney, and Scott Atchison, the team announced. Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports had the Sweeney news earlier (on Twitter) while Rob Bradford of WEEI.com had the Atchison news.
    The Indians announced they non-tendered Jack Hannahan, Rafael Perez and Chris Seddon
    The White Sox announced that they've non-tendered right-hander pitcher Anthony Carter and infielder Dan Johnson.
    The Royals announced that they won't tender outfielder Derrick Robinson a contract for 2013 (Twitter link). Robinson has no MLB experience so he wasn't arbitration eligible.
    The Tigers announced that they will non-tender Daniel Schlereth. The left-hander was limited to six appearances this past season, which he mostly spent on the disabled list with shoulder tendinitis. Schlereth was not yet arbitration eligible.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#MUOSewRpVOldOiWy.99
    Last edited by Gallen5862; 11-30-2012 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallen5862 View Post

American League Non-Tenders
    By Ben Nicholson-Smith [November 30 at 6:40pm CST]
    Here are today’s American League non-tenders. All decisions must be in by 11pm CDT tonight. Be sure to track all tender decisions using MLBTR's Non-Tender Tracker. Related resources include our list of non-tender candidates, our projected arbitration salaries and our arbitration eligibles series.

The Red Sox have non-tendered Rich Hill, Ryan Sweeney, and Scott Atchison, the team announced. Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports had the Sweeney news earlier (on Twitter) while Rob Bradford of WEEI.com had the Atchison news.
    /#MUOSewRpVOldOiWy.99[/url]
    I wonder if the Reds would have any interest in Ryan Sweeney as a cheap stop-gap to Hamilton in center. He has very little power, but does have a career .338 OBP, which would represent a decent upgrade over what the Reds got out of the position last year.

Nationals Non-Tender John Lannan
    By Mike Axisa [November 30 at 9:28pm CST]
    The Nationals have non-tendered John Lannan, reports Bill Ladson of MLB.com (on Twitter). The left-hander was projected to earn $5MM during his third trip through arbitration this winter according to Matt Swartz.

Lannan, 28, made only six starts for Washington this year. He pitched to a 4.13 ERA with 4.7 K/9 and 3.9 BB/9 in 32 2/3 innings while spending most of the season in Triple-A despite a hefty $5MM salary. Lannan posted a 4.30 ERA with 5.2 K/9 and 3.0 BB/9 while in the minors.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#CFxQISAqBcCgTi4L.99

Quote Originally Posted by LegallyMinded View Post
    I wonder if the Reds would have any interest in Ryan Sweeney as a cheap stop-gap to Hamilton in center. He has very little power, but does have a career .338 OBP, which would represent a decent upgrade over what the Reds got out of the position last year.
    I'd just as soon roll the dice on Andres Torres. He's a better fielder, but I'm not sure how much is left in the bat.

I'd also give Jack Hannahan a look if Rolen doesn't return. He's a strong fielder, bats LH, and had a pretty good offensive season in part-time duty in 2011...

Giants non tender Brian Wilson

Rich Hill was non tendered by the Red Sox.

Lefty Reliever? Check
    Likely Cheap? Check
    Effective Enough? Check
    Not a member of AARP? Check
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Rich Hill was non tendered by the Red Sox.

Lefty Reliever? Check
    Likely Cheap? Check
    Effective Enough? Check
    Not a member of AARP? Check
    Arm dangling by a string? Check!

Gorzellany and Parra would be better gets as LH options out of the pen, IMO.
    Last edited by lollipopcurve; 12-01-2012 at 07:58 AM.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

What about signing Jurrjens to a minor league deal and see if Ted Power and the Reds can figure out if it's a mechanical thing and fix it, or if he simply is done.

I'd love to sign Brian Wilson, but he lives on the West Coast. I'm sure if it's not the Giants, the Dodgers or Angels will overpay for him.

Reds Non-Tender Then Re-Sign Phipps & Negron
    By Mike Axisa [December 1 at 8:23am CST]
    The Reds non-tendered both Denis Phipps and Kris Negron prior to last night's deadline, reports MLB.com's Mark Sheldon. Both players then re-signed with the club on minor league contracts with invitations to Spring Training.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    I'd love to sign Brian Wilson, but he lives on the West Coast. I'm sure if it's not the Giants, the Dodgers or Angels will overpay for him.
    The only way I'd consider Wilson is if the Reds re-instituted their old facial hair policy. I really don't want to see that monstrosity of a beard in the clubhouse. Ugh!

Eric Chavez to Arizona
    Jason Bay to Seattle
    Country Kepp to Chicago (AL)
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    The only way I'd consider Wilson is if the Reds re-instituted their old facial hair policy. I really don't want to see that monstrosity of a beard in the clubhouse. Ugh!
    If they sign Wilson, maybe they sign ZZ Top as the stadium band.

Turn Off Ads?