Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Agents Frenzy Starts here

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Re: Free Agents Frenzy Starts here

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    I'm guessing Kansas City is looking for pitching depth and upside. So a Leake, Lotzkar, and Corcino for Myers and a middling prospect would be ideal for the Royals. Perhaps the Reds could add Drew Stubbs as a fourth OF/ possible CFer for another middling prospect.

Myers as a LF for this season and beyond looks great.

Power, good defense-- yes, please.
    I would pull the trigger on that deal every day and twice on Sunday. I would give them Cingrani intead of Corcino, but wouldn't really want to give up both. I would actually trade either Cingrani or Corcino over Stephenson. Maybe it's just that Stephenson's warts haven't been exposed yet, but I just think he has the chance to be really special.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    I'm guessing Kansas City is looking for pitching depth and upside. So a Leake, Lotzkar, and Corcino for Myers and a middling prospect would be ideal for the Royals. Perhaps the Reds could add Drew Stubbs as a fourth OF/ possible CFer for another middling prospect.

Myers as a LF for this season and beyond looks great.

Power, good defense-- yes, please.
    Geez. A young, under control major league starting pitcher, and 2 pretty good triple A pitching prospects, for one triple A minor league outfielder who hit in a hitters league (PCL)?

Why do we always value other teams minor leaguers more than our own?

I'd be interested in acquiring Myers too. But it seems like somewhat of a lopsided trade to me. Seems like Bailey by himself for Myers and another KC prospect should be in demand. Or Leake and a middling prospect straight up for Myers.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Geez. A young, under control major league starting pitcher, and 2 pretty good triple A pitching prospects, for one triple A minor league outfielder who hit in a hitters league (PCL)?

I'd be interested in acquiring Myers too. But it seems like somewhat of a lopsided trade to me. Seems like Bailey by himself for Myers and another KC prospect should be in demand. Or Leake and a middling prospect straight up for Myers.
    I doubt the Royals trade Myers unless they are offered a "lopsided trade." He is generally a top 5 prospect in most rankings of minor league prospects. Also, he may have put up good numbers in a hitters' league but was hitting in double A before being promoted.

Bailey might get him, but I doubt it. Leake and a middling prospect would not cut it for Myers.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

a concern with Myers is his very high K rate. He may be the next Jay Bruce or he may not pan out. Bailey alone seems an overpay

Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    a concern with Myers is his very high K rate. He may be the next Jay Bruce or he may not pan out. Bailey alone seems an overpay
    He doesn't have an extreme history of Ks. Last year he had 140 in 590 plate appearances, and that was probably his worst year in that aspect. He is a maturing hitter.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

All indications are that Shane Victorino is looking for a three-year deal. While I'd be on board with Victorino as a short-term solution as previous posters have suggested, three years seems like too much of a risk with Billy Hamilton on the horizon.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Send leake, corcino or cingrani, 2 other prospects for myers.
    Dangle zack or Didi, pry up a good bp arm or prospect
    At other position like 3b
    I'd stick with Stubbs/Hamilton plan as a devils choice and hope bh is ready
    By mid year at least.
    Broxton 2 at 13mm, Madsen 1@7.5? Sure. Either deal but
    I bet both cost more.
    A risk I take though is Chappy to rotation. Everything, imo, hinges on having even more
    dominant starting and Aroldis, Cueto, Bailey, Latos is an incredible
    top 4 with Bronson doing his swan song at 5.
    If AC flops which I doubt then flip him back to pen - its
    Easier to go from rotation to pen than vice versa. Closer
    is overrated. Every stat and pct about closers shows this
    but impressions from emotion packed 9th is hard to beat
    with quantification, no matter how thorough.
    Walt can find a closer, that I am sure of. Chapman is a chance at
    a great, not just good rotation. I take that risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    All indications are that Shane Victorino is looking for a three-year deal. While I'd be on board with Victorino as a short-term solution as previous posters have suggested, three years seems like too much of a risk with Billy Hamilton on the horizon.
    Yea, I agree.. three years is out of the question for me.

It's looking more likely the Reds will focus on LF and pitching.
    Stubbs/Heisey is the stopgap until Billy H arrives.
    I'm actually ok with that if we can't find a 1 year CF stopgap at a reasonable price.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Just because Myers hit in the PCL does not mean that he cannot be a good hitter. Sure, the PCL inflates his numbers, but he has hit at every stop even when he has been young for most stops. Myers has by far more value than Lotzkar, Leake or Corcino by themselves. We all know that you have to give up something to get something. We have a wealth of pitching right now and could really use a cleanup bat. There is no one in the minors who could step in on Opening Day and hit cleanup for the Reds like Myers. Furthermore, making this trade would allow the Reds to allocate whatever is left in the payroll for bullpen help and centerfield since Myers will play for so cheap in 2013.

There is no room for Leake in the rotation in 2013 if Chapman moves to the rotation. Furthermore, Lotzkar is oft-injured and blocked and Corcino is blocked and his peripherals declined drastically in 2012.

This is a great trade for the Reds. I hope Walt is thinking along these lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    Just because Myers hit in the PCL does not mean that he cannot be a good hitter. Sure, the PCL inflates his numbers, but he has hit at every stop even when he has been young for most stops. Myers has by far more value than Lotzkar, Leake or Corcino by themselves. We all know that you have to give up something to get something. We have a wealth of pitching right now and could really use a cleanup bat. There is no one in the minors who could step in on Opening Day and hit cleanup for the Reds like Myers. Furthermore, making this trade would allow the Reds to allocate whatever is left in the payroll for bullpen help and centerfield since Myers will play for so cheap in 2013.

There is no room for Leake in the rotation in 2013 if Chapman moves to the rotation. Furthermore, Lotzkar is oft-injured and blocked and Corcino is blocked and his peripherals declined drastically in 2012.

This is a great trade for the Reds. I hope Walt is thinking along these lines.
    As I said. Reds fans tend to undervalue our prospects and overvalue everyone else's.

I'd like to have Myers. But I'm not convinced we should overpay for him.

I think the free agent market has gone bonkers again this year with ridiculous payouts and the number of years.

I don't see Walt doing much in free agency, other than getting some scraps when the signings are complete. If something is going to be improved, it will have to be by trade at this point.

As I said. Reds fans tend to undervalue our prospects and overvalue everyone else's.
    Dude, I really think you have that backwards.
    ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ Matthew 25:40

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    If he gets that fine, good for him, but this has the makings of a mid to late January deal. You know the type, older player, coming off an off year, signs for one year plus a mutual option.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Bob Dutton @Royals_Report #Royals designate RHPs Mazzaro & Volstad, LHP Verdugo, C’s Moore and Pena, 1B C. Robinson & OF D. Robinson. 40-man roster at 40.

Bob Dutton @Royals_Report
    #Royals select contracts of LHPs Dwyer, Joseph, Lamb, Marks & Montgomery & RHP Gutierrez.

Should the Reds consider claiming Volstad?

Turn Off Ads?