Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Free Agents Frenzy Starts here

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Ugh what a tease. Was hoping this was for Justin. No interest in BJ, he's a glorified (and expensive) Stubbs.
    Not that crazy about the Bossman either, but I would almost guarantee the Reds are the mystery 3rd team.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Free Agents Frenzy Starts here

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Not that crazy about the Bossman either, but I would almost guarantee the Reds are the mystery 3rd team.
    I think I have a better shot with Kate Upton than the Reds have with BJ. I'm guessing Philly, and if I had to guess, I'd say the Rangers are the mystery team..
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

I'd be very happy if they signed BJ Upton. Don't think they'll do it, but I think the best may be ahead for BJ.

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    I'd be very happy if they signed BJ Upton. Don't think they'll do it, but I think the best may be ahead for BJ.
    .315 OBP the last four years including .298 last year. Please tell me how that helps the Reds, especially with a $75MM price tag??
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post

I fear you're right but hope you're wrong
    Go BLUE!!!

.315 OBP the last four years including .298 last year. Please tell me how that helps the Reds, especially with a $75MM price tag??
    He's an outstanding fielder and base runner with power. His price tag is waaaaaaay too high, but he's an above average player in his prime. I agree the Reds need more OBP, but it's not like this guy won't help the team win.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    He's an outstanding fielder and base runner with power. His price tag is waaaaaaay too high, but he's an above average player in his prime. I agree the Reds need more OBP, but it's not like this guy won't help the team win.
    Drew Stubbs.
    ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ Matthew 25:40

The Nats strike me as Upton's best fit.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
    Drew Stubbs.
    In 2010.

In the leadoff spot, Reds hitters put up .208/.254/.327/.581 this season. Upton would be a significant upgrade over that.

He's had some big OBP years too. I realize the trend is downward, but he's still young, and playing in GABP, in the middle of the Reds lineup would transform his offensive game, I think.

Don't really care about the money -- it's not like they'd be slashing payroll elsewhere to make Upton fit.

Very doubtful it happens, and the rumor itself may be completely false, but as others have said this player is an immediate upgrade who still has a lot of upside.

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    He's had some big OBP years too. I realize the trend is downward, but he's still young, and playing in GABP, in the middle of the Reds lineup would transform his offensive game, I think.

Don't really care about the money -- it's not like they'd be slashing payroll elsewhere to make Upton fit.

Very doubtful it happens, and the rumor itself may be completely false, but as others have said this player is an immediate upgrade who still has a lot of upside.
    The last time he had a good OBP, subprime mortgages were a good asset to buy. Reds need a leadoff hitter, Upton can't help there, and a lot of his so-called value is tied to a position that Hamilton should be playing by next year at the latest. Please pass Walt (although I do like him better than Bourn).
    Go BLUE!!!

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I think the Reds should just stand pat unless they can get a young, under control, LFer who could bat cleanup such as Myers or Stanton. I can't see them adding alot of payroll. And I don't see anyone out there that really fits. It seems like alot of teams are trying to unload bad contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    I think the Reds should just stand pat unless they can get a young, under control, LFer who could bat cleanup such as Myers or Stanton. I can't see them adding alot of payroll. And I don't see anyone out there that really fits. It seems like alot of teams are trying to unload bad contracts.
    Are you saying stand pat with Ludwick?

Or stand pat with no starting LF, but using bench players?

The idea that they should go into next season with Stubbs, Heisey, and XPaul in LF and CF is, well, disturbing.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Are you saying stand pat with Ludwick?

Or stand pat with no starting LF, but using bench players?

The idea that they should go into next season with Stubbs, Heisey, and XPaul in LF and CF is, well, disturbing.
    Yeah, I guess I assumed they could re-sign Ludwick.

Honestly, I'd rather have Willingham, if we have to get a veteran.

My dream would be to get a Myers or a Stanton, like so many other teams.

Turn Off Ads?