Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lucas-Disney

Lucas-Disney

blah blah blah, 4+ billion dollars...blah blah..Episode VII in 2015.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Lucas-Disney

I must be the only one excited about this. Star Wars movies under the control of someone not named George Lucas!
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

The last three were so bad...who cares?

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    The last three were so bad...who cares?
    Put the source material in the hands of a quality director / idea man -- ala Joss Whedon & the Avengers or J.J. Abrams & Star Trek -- and the potential is still there for good stuff.

Just because Lucas is a ham-fisted hack who bought into all his own hype doesn't mean someone else can't do good work.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Put the source material in the hands of a quality director / idea man -- ala Joss Whedon & the Avengers or J.J. Abrams & Star Trek -- and the potential is still there for good stuff.

Just because Lucas is a ham-fisted hack who bought into all his own hype doesn't mean someone else can't do good work.
    Yeah....I just don't believe in redemption...those were among the worst movies I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Yeah....I just don't believe in redemption...those were among the worst movies I've ever seen.
    James Bond survived "The Living Daylights," Star Trek survived Captain Kirk Meets God, Batman survived the Nippled Batsuit & Arnold Schwarzenegger -- those are lows at least on par with Jar Jar Binks, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    James Bond survived "The Living Daylights," Star Trek survived Captain Kirk Meets God, Batman survived the Nippled Batsuit & Arnold Schwarzenegger -- those are lows at least on par with Jar Jar Binks, IMO.
    Very true...if Lucas isn't involved it may happen...my feeling is he'll still be involved.

The Living Daylights was a good movie, the worst bond movie was the one from 4 years ago.

I don't really care about ep 7, 8 and 9 after how awful 1,2 and 3 were, but I do like to think the OT without the Lucas edits will now see the light of day on bluray, and then of course go in the vault for 30 years.
    Go Gators!

My boys will be 7 and 5 in 2015, which I think is just great timing for a new Star Wars movie.

Also, Disney has done a pretty good job owning Marvel so far, so I'm optimistic.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

On top of that, I'll assume this will be the answer to Disney's failed effort making Potter world, and Universal's hugely successfully creation of Potter World after Disney punted. Disney was going to creat Avatar Land at Animal Kingdom, but it never seemed to get much traction and I believe was recently scrapped. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the reason why it was scrapped. Star Wars world (or whatever they call it) w/n one of their parks will be hugely successful and help bring back a fan base that had been going to Universal instead.

I am sure there will be plenty of "I've got a bad feeling about this" jokes running around, but I like the idea of Disney and Star Wars. My take is that it cannot however be another Avengers in outer space. I think the Star Wars series needs to be more story driven and less action dependent. I like how Disney has kept Pirates of the Caribbean fresh with the new story line in episode 4.

Star Wars 1, 2 and 3 had to fill a need. There was a certain end point that they had to get to ie. Anakin becomes Darth Vader. For Disney, there is now a blank canvas.

Go Gators!

Huge Star Wars fan here, I'm excited by the whole deal and can't wait to see what comes about with 2015 and the new series. I hope there are at least a nod to the Original Trilogy, maybe Luke and Han and Leia in positions of authority in the new Republic mentoring a new generation of Jedi etc.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

And Mara Jade
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    And Mara Jade
    Mara Jade and Grand Admiral Thrawn? Life isn't fair enough to allow that to happen.

Turn Off Ads?