Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Josh Spence

Josh Spence

With Bray being released and Chapman perhaps going to the starting rotation, I wonder why the Reds didn't snag this guy off of waivers. Looks like some pretty stout numbers against lefties to me. Young. Cheap. I'd think this guy would have been worth a flyer.

The Yankees have claimed Josh Spence off waivers from the Padres, the team announced. Earlier today New York claimed David Herndon from the Blue Jays.Spence, 24, has pitched to a 3.15 ERA with 9.2 K/9 and 5.4 BB/9 in 40 relief innings for San Diego over the last two seasons. The left-hander has held lefty hitters to a .158/.247/.237 batting line as a big leaguer.
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...f-waivers.html

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Josh Spence

Well I feel like Marshall can be used to get out lefties if there are multiple of them and he can also be used to get out the right handed pitchers between them if they are split up. If we hadn't traded Donnie Joseph in the Broxton deal we could have used him in that role but I agree that would have been a very good pick up.
    Check Out My Blog at roundinthirdandheadedforhome.mlblogs.com

Re: Josh Spence

NO! I've watched him plenty with the Padres and I can tell you right now the guy is garbage. I don't care what his numbers tell you - he's a mediocre reliever in a mediocre bullpen (the Pads last year). Reds fans would hate him in a heartbeat...

Turn Off Ads?