Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yanks are taking offers for Curtis Granderson

Yanks are taking offers for Curtis Granderson

The Yankees are willing to listen to offers for Curtis Granderson
    Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#DGeSmZBLBZdamI8h.99
    This sounds like fun. The Yankees need help at 3b, C and RF. I don't think the Reds are a match, but one can dream. You could even try platooning Stubbs and Granderson to create a monster CF. Should the Reds send Todd home to play for the Yanks? Would that get it done? I really don't want to trade Frazier, or Hannigan, although, trading Hannigan might be a boon if Mez is ready to hit and catch.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Yanks are taking offers for Curtis Granderson

Thing is Granderson is a free agent after this season, so it would be shortsighted to pay an arm and a leg for him. Still, it is awfully tempting.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Frazier (from New Jersey) would be a great local boy done good fan favorite. He'd mash, IMO, in that lineup. Add Mesoraco and that's more than enough for one year of Granderson.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Thing is Granderson is a free agent after this season, so it would be shortsighted to pay an arm and a leg for him. Still, it is awfully tempting.
    Yeah, there's just no way of justifying it, he's gone after next year. It would be very un-Walt. I guess, you would get draft picks, but I'm not sure which ones.

I doubt the price for Granderson would be high if the buying team were to take on the whole salary. If the Reds would agree to take on the $ I could see an offer of someone like Ryan Lemere/ Josh Fellhauer doing the trick. Yankees motivation in doing the move would be to free up money to get other shiny toys.

Frazier would turn into Paul O'Neill for the Yankees.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Frazier (from New Jersey) would be a great local boy done good fan favorite. He'd mash, IMO, in that lineup. Add Mesoraco and that's more than enough for one year of Granderson.
    I feel like noting that Frazier from Toms River in South Jersey is closer to being a local boy in Philadelphia than he is in The Bronx. I get the point though.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

I would be happy if the Reds gone after him because I think he would make the Reds worse. He's completely a creation of NY Stadium. I know that Great American is homer run friendly but I think Yankee Stadium is worse in that regard. His defensive skills has also regressed the past couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    I would be happy if the Reds gone after him because I think he would make the Reds worse. He's completely a creation of NY Stadium. I know that Great American is homer run friendly but I think Yankee Stadium is worse in that regard. His defensive skills has also regressed the past couple of years.
    Obviously his HR total is inflated by Yankee Stadium, but I don't see how he's a 'creation' of it given that he was no slouch with the Detroit Tigers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Obviously his HR total is inflated by Yankee Stadium, but I don't see how he's a 'creation' of it given that he was no slouch with the Detroit Tigers.
    I meant from a power stand point. If you look at his splits away from Yankee Stadium, there is a drastic difference.

EDIT: With the Tigers, he was also an elite defensive CF. He's become boarderline awful the past couple of years.

The other thing is that I see here all the time people complain about Stubbs strikeout rate. If his strikeout rate drives people here bonkers, I would love to see how people would react to Granderson's strikeout rate. He struck out more than Stubbs last year.

I don't know, I just think there are a lot of warning signs of regression for Granderson where it would be a risk to try to get him.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post

EDIT: With the Tigers, he was also an elite defensive CF. He's become boarderline awful the past couple of years.
    Could his defensive stats be suffering because he got to balls in Detroit that he doesn't in Yankee Stadium because they leave the ballpark? I've watched a lot of Yankees games over the past couple years, and his defense seemed fine to me.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Possibly but that doesn't explain a -17 UZR. He also had a 6 UZR in 2010 with the Yankees so that's why I can't put it on that factor. In fact, he started falling off the cliff defensively in 08 with Detroit. It has been a continuing trend. He's only had one plus defensive year since 2008.

Granderson would be a risk. He is in decline right now and the Yankees are trying to reel in an insane payroll. Granderson was moved out of Detroit because of his pending salary. If I'm not mistaken, didn't Granderson get scratched during the Detroit series? I'd pass and I like Granderson.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Frazier for Granderson.

Then sign hometown boy Youkilis to play 3B.

Actually, I want Granderson and Gardner. Granderson can play LF and bat cleanup. Gardner can leadoff and play CF.

Turn Off Ads?