Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Louisville Manager

Re: Louisville Manager

Ted Power has been retained as the pitching coach for Louisville.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    It could also go to Riggleman if he stays in the organization.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Ted Power has been retained as the pitching coach for Louisville.
    Ted is the man. Coolest shades in the minor leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Asking. I honestly don't know anything about the situation at all. Simply suggesting that it wouldn't be the first guy who would rather be a "rover" than in one place (Mario Soto does this as well, it gives him a little more free time for other matters that he takes care of in his life).
    If he is happy being a rover....than that's great. I like him as a manager though and it's a shame he is not at this time.

Where do these moves leave Griffey? Is he happy staying at Bakersfield? I thought he might move up before DD was promoted to Pensacola.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Today the Reds named Ronnie Ortegon Major League assistant hitting coach, Ryan Jackson minor league hitting coordinator, Jim Riggleman manager at Louisville, Delino DeShields manager at Pensacola, Ken Griffey Sr. manager at Bakersfield, Jose Nieves manager at Dayton, Pat Kelly manager at Billings and Eli Marrero manager at AZL Reds; promoted Nick Krall to Director of Baseball Operations, Jeff Graupe to Director of Player Development, Sam Grossman to Director of Baseball Research and Analysis, Jeff Taylor to Special Assistant to the GM and John Morris to Special Assistant to the GM; named Reed MacPhail Baseball Operations Assistant and Will Harford professional scout…in 2012, Riggleman managed at Pensacola, DeShields at Dayton and Nieves at AZL Reds…Marrero was the hitting coach at Bakersfield…Jackson had been the hitting coach at Louisville…Griffey will manage his third season at Bakersfield and Kelly his third at Billings.

Hope Eli makes it to Pensacola eventually.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

From what I've read and heard, Riggleman is outstanding with young talent, a great teacher. Good choice for Louisville.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    Hope Eli makes it to Pensacola eventually.
    Eli?

Ahhh Marrero......
    Last edited by JaxRed; 12-14-2012 at 10:30 PM.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Reds management doing it right.

If the financials were even, this organization would win it every year. But it's hard to compete with the Yankees and now Dodgers who buy their way to the postseason. It's really frustrating.

Castellini and Walt are doing any outstanding job.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

I'm glad we have Riggleman in the organization. That said, I just can't get over what a boneheaded move he made quitting as Nats manager midway through 2011. He might not admit it publicly, but guaranteed he regrets that decision. Not only did you give up one of only 30 MLB manager gigs; it was with a good team in a new park in a big market. Dumb, dumb, dumb. "Don't let your pride get in the way of making good decisions." Everyone can learn from that quote.

I'm guessing he was gone at the end of the season anyway. I think he saw the writing on the wall and gambled.

He lost the gamble.

At the Wahoos Meet and Greet tonight, Deshields said the hitting coach will be Dick Schofield. Am thinking Deshields is confused.

http://www.pnj.com/article/20130125/...ff-town-Wahoos
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Interesting that Deshields leapfrogged Griffey.

I won if Ken Sr. was offered the position and turned it down in order to remain on the west coast, or if Deshields is just more highly valued by the Reds organization.

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    At the Wahoos Meet and Greet tonight, Deshields said the hitting coach will be Dick Schofield. Am thinking Deshields is confused.

http://www.pnj.com/article/20130125/...ff-town-Wahoos
    Interesting that the Bats don't have a batting coach listed on their roster. I wonder if the Reds are thinking of moving Tony Jaramillo up there and hiring Schofield for Pensacola. You'd think they would have announced a hiring if it's OK to discuss it publicly.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Turn Off Ads?