Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Thread: The Official Heavy Metal Thread

Re: The Official Heavy Metal Thread

so most of my friends and better acquaintances agreee this is now about 80% accurate to me:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xecyBxenkBw
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

2. Likes:

Captain13 (05-20-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    Stat geek...and proud
    The Pain of Salvation concert that I was talking about awhile back was superb.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Stat geek...and proud

Bringing this back up....am I just talking to myself here?

The new Sabbath is streaming on iTunes. It's VERY good. Way better than I thought it would be. Iommi wrote some KILLER riffs for this thing. I thought it would wind up sounding like The Devil You Know, but with Ozzy on vocals instead of The Man. It doesn't. It sounds like Sabbath Bloody Sabbath or Sabotage.

On a downer note, the new Megadeth blows. Hard. Very disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    Bringing this back up....am I just talking to myself here?

The new Sabbath is streaming on iTunes. It's VERY good. Way better than I thought it would be. Iommi wrote some KILLER riffs for this thing. I thought it would wind up sounding like The Devil You Know, but with Ozzy on vocals instead of The Man. It doesn't. It sounds like Sabbath Bloody Sabbath or Sabotage.

On a downer note, the new Megadeth blows. Hard. Very disappointed.
    Ya know the sabbath isnt bad better then i expected although it seems again Iommi and butler must have something against drummers cause the drums seem to my ears at least a little muted . Brad wilk does very admiral job in a no win situation for the most part but it seems to be missing that certain swing that Bill ward brought to those early albums. My Pic for the drum seat would've been Stanton moore from the band Galatic he's got the swing and the power just like a younger Bill Ward go listen to him on C.O.C 's-In the arms of god .

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

I'm still holding out until I can listen to the full album, both the Sabbath and Megadeth. I must say, I don't hate the song "Supercollider". I don't love it either.
    What if this is as good as it gets?

Stat geek...and proud
    Quote Originally Posted by cinredsfan2000 View Post
    Ya know the sabbath isnt bad better then i expected although it seems again Iommi and butler must have something against drummers cause the drums seem to my ears at least a little muted . Brad wilk does very admiral job in a no win situation for the most part but it seems to be missing that certain swing that Bill ward brought to those early albums. My Pic for the drum seat would've been Stanton moore from the band Galatic he's got the swing and the power just like a younger Bill Ward go listen to him on C.O.C 's-In the arms of god .
    I really dug that COC album when it came out.

anyone going to see Baroness on the 12th?

I just listened to "13" online. I didn't get to listen as well as I would have liked, these people expect me to "work" when I am at my place of employment. I will say, while it doesn't compare to the first four Sabbath albums, it is better than anything Ozzy has put out since Ozzmosis and way better than I thought it would be. I can't wait to hear the whole thing again. And again.

Stat geek...and proud

This sounds awesome.

OLIVA: 'Raise The Curtain' Trailer Available

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.asp...medium=twitter

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    This sounds awesome.

OLIVA: 'Raise The Curtain' Trailer Available

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.asp...medium=twitter
    Bought the album. It is good. Not his typical work, not really metal, but I dig it. I like when he goes softer...like on Firefly off Global Warning or all the slower stuff on Streets.

http://puigdestroyer.bandcamp.com/album/puig-destroyer

Can't go wrong with a little Puig Destroyer

what I've been listening to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3tiz7oyX5A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgL3OogsvUw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWQwx89gy-I

i actually wrote a D&D/Pathfinder module heavily influenced by the tone and some of the lyrics of these three songs. . .when i'm this heavy into A.I.C. it's generally not good for my sobriety, but this seems an exception as i focused on the tone, not my genes.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

For the last week (or more) I have been blaring Five Finger Deathpunch's Wrong Side of Heaven and Righteous Side of Hell album. The lyrics are very NSFW, but the sound and aggression are amazing. This is my favorite album in a long, long time.

Ivan Moody's voice is more irritating to me than an Eddie Vedder/Scott Stapp collaboration. it's like balless death/thrash metal to me.

i'll never understand how a band that sites Alice In Chains, Tool, Sevendust, Powerman5000 among their chief influences can have such a terrible vocalist.
    Last edited by Ravenlord; 08-17-2013 at 04:28 AM.

Stat geek...and proud

Yeah, I hate that band.

Turn Off Ads?