Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Thread: The Official Heavy Metal Thread

For a Level Playing Field

Re: The Official Heavy Metal Thread

Not on an ego trip (although I play guitar lol)... but thought I'd share another old band vid with ya. Three songs in this vid: Electric Eye (Priest), Flight of Icarus (Maiden) and Heaven and Hell (Sabbath). Back in those days (recorded Dec. 1992) bands had demo tapes to give to bar owners for possible gigs. We did a Demo Video and gave that to bar owners with the adage of "hear and see us". Not sure why b/c we were ugly lol. We also had a buddy who worked for a video companythat did local commercials and stuff. He filmed and added some "special effects" that were cool for the time. This video shows both guitar players using Kramer guitars (when it was cool to have, Eddie VH endorsed). I am the one with the white Kramer Focus 5000 that is shaped kind of like a 4-pointed star and play rhythm guitar. The shape of that guitar was used for the "K" in the band's name, Absolut Rukus, for our logo. Boy, we thought we were cool. All in the pursuit of females of course...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnxD-J5qH1Q

2. Likes:

moewan (03-13-2013),Revering4Blue (03-13-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    Stat geek...and proud
    Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    Wow... I have it in near mint condition. Used to buy albums,record them to cassette for listening and then put the cover/album in a plastic sleeve to be safe. Of course I would not think of ebaying it! I went and counted my Iron Maiden album collection. 15 total. All LPs thru Somewhere in Time, Maiden Japan, Live After Death, 5 singles (Number of Beast, Trooper, Icarus, Aces High, 2 Minutes) and two earlier albums that both have Margaret Thatcher on their covers (one she has just been stabbed by Eddie / other she is in army uniform with rifle in hand aka Women in Uniform). I was an IM junkie back in the day (and Priest too lol).
    I know it's not the same as having the vinyl, but if you can find the Castle Records 2 disc version of Killers that came out in the mid 90s, the bonus disc has Maiden Japan on it. All those bonus discs are pretty cool actually. I think I have Killers, Powerslave, and Seventh Son out of those and they are all quite cool. B side stuff and unreleased live stuff.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

5. Likes:

RedFanAlways1966 (03-14-2013)

I was not aware of that gilpdawg. I do have the Eddie Archives box set. And those singles albums I mentioned always had a cover song on the B side (and one of the main reasons I bought the singles).

My wife got me Maidens first eight albums on picture disc vynil for Christmas, yes I think she is a keeper. Side note on my wife, I think she is the only female member of the Rush fan club

8. Likes:

Captain13 (03-14-2013),Joseph (03-14-2013),RedFanAlways1966 (03-14-2013),Revering4Blue (03-14-2013)

With today being MARCH 15... who is going to post the "Ides of March / Wrathchild" video? I cannot do it from work (youtube blockage!). Wrathchild is one of my fav IM songs (along with numerous others lol). That bass line that opens the song makes my head hurt in a good way.

moewan... your wife have any single sisters?!?

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    With today being MARCH 15... who is going to post the "Ides of March / Wrathchild" video? I cannot do it from work (youtube blockage!). Wrathchild is one of my fav IM songs (along with numerous others lol). That bass line that opens the song makes my head hurt in a good way.

moewan... your wife have any single sisters?!?
    Happy to oblige.

Brings back memories of Rock 95, a former station in my hometown.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-3Ka8x4zvE
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

11. Likes:

RedFanAlways1966 (03-15-2013)

Radio

2 metal bands I have been listening to lately.
    KEN Mode and Kvelertak
    Both very solid newer bands.

Has anybody gone to the Anthrax, Exodus, Metal Alliance tour? I assume that Anthrax is the headliner, but just want to confirm it. Seeing them Saturday night at the Fillmore in Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    Has anybody gone to the Anthrax, Exodus, Metal Alliance tour? I assume that Anthrax is the headliner, but just want to confirm it. Seeing them Saturday night at the Fillmore in Detroit.
    It's not really coming any where near where i live but would love to see Exodus ! Havent seen them since 89-90sh .ANTHRAX MEHHH If they still had John bush singing id be more excited and might have traveled a little bit to see the show.

Iron Maiden just announced a seven city mini tour of the U.S. Looks like I am going to the Nashville show.

16. Likes:

Captain13 (04-09-2013)

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

Iron Maiden just announced a seven city mini tour of the U.S. Looks like I am going to the Nashville show.
    I believe Megadeth will be at that show too!
    What if this is as good as it gets?

Stat geek...and proud

I might go to St. Louis.

We got four on the floor for Maiden in Nashville, can't wait.

Stat geek...and proud

New Black Sabbath! It's better than I expected, but I guess I should have expected it to be good, because Iommi is God.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=wVfUimq2KeI#!

I'm going to Nashville for Maiden too. The wife has requested copious amounts of booze before hand in order to 'tolerate' Bruce Dickinson.

Setlist for the tour is great though so I'm really excited.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Turn Off Ads?